Princess Lea and the Late Prince Alexandre of Belgium

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mybags

Courtier
City
San Diego
Country
United States
Prince Alexandre, Princess Lea, and Princess Marie-Esmeralda at the wedding of Prince Laurent.

www.ibl.se

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 7,716
Princess Lea of Belgium (right) and Princess Marie-Gabrielle of Savoy at the opening night of the Princess de Rethy exhibit in Brussels.

www.ibl.se

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 5,021

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 5,832
www.ibl.se

Queen Paola, King Albert II, Princess Marie-Esmeralda, Prince Alexandre, and Princess Lea

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 6,571
www.ibl.se

Prince Alexandre and Princess Marie-Esmeralda

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 5,062
is the one of the women in the 2nd pic Lea? it doesn't look like her

The caption for the pic said that it was. I have my doubts as well.

This red hat is a little big. It's not that sunny in Belgium.

post-40-1070822120.jpg

Originally posted by Dennism@Dec 8th, 2003 - 12:36 am
This red hat is a little big. It's not that sunny in Belgium.

post-40-1070822120.jpg
The red dress is a dress wich originally belongs to HRH Princess Lilian, HRH Princess Maria-Esmeralda wore it as a tribute to her later mother. B)

i liked esmeralda's red outfit at laurent&claire's wedding , i think she looked very good in it , i think she herited her mother's class and style..........

These photos are from seegerpress. They are from the funeral of Princess Liliane in June 2002.

Attachments

• claire_index.jpg
    claire_index.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 1,908
  • pre-SEEGER00072714.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00072714.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 4,634
  • pre-SEEGER00072715.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00072715.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 1,364
  • pre-SEEGER00072716.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00072716.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 3,561
I think that Alexandre sort of resembles Prince Laurent a bit. If you take away the glasses anyway.

How come Alexandre, Marie-Christine and Esmeralda are not, nor ever have been members of the royal house? After all, they are the children of a (former) king. Are they even in line to the throne?

I'm not sure why they aren't members of the Royal House. I do know that Leopold and Liliane both agreed that their children would not have a place in the line of succession.

thanks for the info mybags! :) I really do wonder why that is though. I have never really understood alot of things that concerned Princess Lilian and her children. Do you think that maybe it had something to do with the fact that the people of Belgium did not like the idea of the King remarrying?

Probably, it may also have something to do with the fact that it was a morganatic marriage and it was kept secret from the public until later.

Leopold and Lilian married without consent of the government, during the war.

It was one of the reasons why Leopold III had to abdicate, and so it was decided that the children from Lepold 's second mariage, would be princes of Belgium, but without rights to the throne. Very much against the will of Lilian, who wanted to be queen herself, and later on tried to marry her children off with other princes...

Lilian was a very difficult woman, when Alexandre married Lea Wolman, a very nice and discreet woman, he waited seven (7) years to inform his mother, out of fear for her reaction!!

thanks for the info Cathérine Bergeyck! I had always figured that Lilian probably was a bit difficult and had grand plans for both herself and her children.

Cathérine Bergeyck said:
Lilian was a very difficult woman, when Alexandre married Lea Wolman, a very nice and discreet woman, he waited seven (7) years to inform his mother, out of fear for her reaction!!
Wow! I didn't know that. I wonder what kind of reaction that one got, especially seven years after the fact!

Cathérine Bergeyck said:
It was one of the reasons why Leopold III had to abdicate, and so it was decided that the children from Lepold 's second mariage, would be princes of Belgium, but without rights to the throne. Very much against the will of Lilian, who wanted to be queen herself, and later on tried to marry her children off with other princes...

Wow, she was a tough woman to have for a mother!

Did Lilian not like Fabiola? Is that why her relationship with Baudoin became strained?

Lilian and Fabiola coudn't stand each other. Apart from them both having strong characters, Baudouin's marriage to Fabiola also ment that he started a life of his own and Leopold & Lilian could no longer influence his political decisions.

I sure am glad Baudoin found Fabiola, and got true happiness with her. And what a good influence she was on him. :)

Sorry to pepper you with questions, Cathérine, but was anyone in the family close to Lilian or was she just that difficult to get along with?

I think the only one she always got along with was Esmeralda.

Lilian was a very bright woman, very beautifull, classy, elegant & cultivated; but over ambitous. She certainly didn't know the meaning of the word modesty. She had the beauty and grace of a queen, and loved to parade herself around, but serving her country was not in her book.

Thanks very much. What a pity that with all her attributes, duty to Belgium wasn't one of them.

at a charity event. Lea Wolman is often at charity events of the Belgian aritocracy.

Attachments

• ltr lea.jpg
    ltr lea.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 1,110
Lea Wolman was also present at the beatification in Rome. She's in the center of this picture:

Attachments

• lea.jpg
    lea.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 971
Alexander and Lea at the castle of Corroy with the marquis de Trazegnies, in 1997.

Attachments

• 41.jpg
    41.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 802
  • 42.jpg
    42.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 740
Lea Wolman with the king and queen of Romania , and archduke Lorenz at a charity event

Attachments

• 44.jpg
    44.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 926
  • 43.jpg
    43.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 847
Prince Alexandre wrote a book (it's more of a photobook actually) on his home, the castle of Argenteuil. He presented it, together with his wife Lea and her two children, Renaud Bichara and Laetitia Spetscinsky.

25/11/2004

Attachments

• 00.jpg
    00.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 774
  • 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 661
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 1,256
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 798
  • 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 713
  • 05.jpg
    05.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 1,108
  • 06.jpg
    06.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 726
  • 07.jpg
    07.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 698
  • 08.jpg
    08.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 669
  • 09.jpg
    09.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 738
more (gettyimages)

Attachments

• 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 1,116
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 620
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 661
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 685
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 613
thanks. It's the first time I see pictures of Lea's children.

Back
Top Bottom