Princess Lea and the Late Prince Alexandre of Belgium

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
As posted by EricvdV at the Benelux Royals MB:

[FONT=verdana, arial]Princess Léa of Belgium composed a picture book on her husband Prince Alexander of Belgium, first as a surprise on the 65th birthday of the prince in July, but Princess Léa decided to publish it, because Prince Alexander is too much unknown to the Belgians.
The result is beautiful; lots of unpublished pictures.

Book so far only in French, but a picture book, entitled: "Le Prince Alexandre de Belgique".
[/FONT]

7.jpg

Children of Lea: Laetitia and Renaud.

21.jpg

Laetitia with her husband Didier.

Last edited:
Princess Lea asked Flimish singer Helmut Loti to read from her new fairytale book 'The Friends of Valdi and Rush'. The money made from the book of princess Lea and of the CD with Helmut Lotti will go to a cause to support handicapped people.

Princess Lea comments that writing the tales was easy enough, she liked to tell tales to her children when they were small. She also says that in these world there is still so little to dream about, and she wanted to do something about that.

Article from Het Laatste Nieuws here.

And here a picture of prince Alexandre and princess Lea.

When I still lived in Manaus, Amazon, I had the chance to meet ex-King Leopold III and Princess Lilianne. He was a gentleman, extremely kind and approachable, but she was a very proud and disagreable person. As my Father was the representative Consul of Belgium in Manaus, we saw them all the time of their visit. Later, ex-king Leopold III returned to Manaus, but this time in a scientific visit. He struck a friendship with my Father and they wrote to each other for many years. He was a fantastic, bright, intelligent man a real aristocrat, and the second visit was very different, because without Princess Lillianne around, he was much more at ease. I will always keep in my mind and heart, what a wonderful handsome man he was and how nice and simple towards anybody. I remembered him showing us pictures of his three younger children, especially Marie Christine and Esmeralda. His son Alexandre suffered from a serious heart problem when he was young and had to be operated (open heart surgery) in the US , I think.

Whatever happened to the other daughter of King Leopold III, Princess Marie-Christine? The last I heard of her was at least 5 or 6 years ago, she was married to an American for a while I think and living in the U.S., mostly estranged from her own family. Did she attend her father's or mother's funerals? Is she still estranged from her brother and sister?

These photos are from seegerpress. They are from the funeral of Princess Liliane in June 2002.

Who is the man in the center of the picture between Pss. Lea and GDss Joséphine-Charlotte ?
Any relative of Pss. Lilian ?
Did Pss. Lilian have siblings, nephews, wtc...
Or may be Esmeralda's husband ?

Prince Alexander of Belgium was in Switzerland and helped with the first grapes/wine of this year. He was asked by the Swiss association Les Amis de Farinet.

The grapes will be auctioned to a good cause.

Article in Dutch here.

Pics 2.2.2009

Princess Lea de Belgique attends the French National Cancer
Institute Fundraiser Gala Dinner hosted by David Khayat at
Chateau de Versailles on February 2, 2009 in Paris, France.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Thanks iceflower, it is always good to see princess Lea, who is very friendly. I believe she is more often involved with charities related to fighting cancer, not too long ago she was participating in an event about cutting hair for wigs etc.

You are most welcome, Marengo :flowers:

Here are some updates on Prince Alexandre's and Princess Lea's
engagements during the last months, including the hair event
you've mentioned:

November 18, 2008:

Princess Lea of Belgium and Stephane Bern at the presentation of a
book ( The friends of Valdi and Rush) for children written by the wife
of Prince Alexandre with a cd with the voices of Stephane Bern,
Helmut Lotti and Princess Léa in the three languages on 18 Nov.2008:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

December 22, 2008:

Princess Lea is pictured at Jean D Coiffure on the place de la Chatelein/
Châtelainplein in Brussels, Belgium on 22 December 2008. She had her
hair cut and donated it to women who have lost their own hair due
to treatment for cancer.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

January 14, 2009:

Princess Lea and Prince Alexandre during a visit to the new buildings
of the "Zeepreventorium" care center in De Haan, Belgium, 14 Jan.2009.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

Princes Lea' hair is very charming, very nice smile and the clothes are fashionable.)))

I am afraid , absolutely not , he is small and a bit fat , nothing to do with his half-brothers which are and were Kings.. What did he do in his life ?
Before his wedding , he did not tell to his mother , we never saw him , now he is seen because his wife is everywhere...

I am afraid , absolutely not , he is small and a bit fat , nothing to do with his half-brothers which are and were Kings.. What did he do in his life ?
Before his wedding , he did not tell to his mother , we never saw him , now he is seen because his wife is everywhere...

I'm sorry if I couldn't express my thoughts properly.
I did not refer to Prince Alexandre's over-all habitus, nor his career,
nor his family history, nor his position in the royal house.
My understanding of him is that he is an intellectual, shy and nice person.
Simply, on that particular photo I saw at first time something similar to his brothers, same facial features. That's all. :)

Children of Lea: Laetitia and Renaud.

Laetitia with her husband Didier.
Their first son Charles-Albert was born on February 14th 2009.
The first (step) grandchild for prince Alexandre and princess Lea

Last edited by a moderator:
Actress Monica Bellucci, Lola Karimova-Tillyaeva, Uzbekistan's representative to UNESCO, and princess Lea of Belgium attend the gala hosted by Lola Karimova-Tillyaeva to launch the charity fund 'Uzbekistan 2020' at the Museum of Modern Art on April 8, 2009 in Paris, France.

See the picture here.

She is everywhere.. mostly alone and attends people charity galas where no members of the Belgium's High Court are there..

since lilian want her children to marry princes and princesses she never had anyone in mind i .she must had felt jealous when albert marry a italian princess, baudouin marry a spanish aristocrats and josephine charlotte and heir to the throne

Any idea what she was doing in the show?

Is that Stephane Bern sitting next to her btw?

LadyLeana and Stephanievl ,
Do you know if she had to inform the Royal Palace she should be in a show on a french TV?

Yes, it's Stéphane Bern! I've made a little investigation and
found out, that Stéphane Bern attended in order to present
his new book "Une vie de chien , les compagnons fidèles des
grands de ce monde" (freely translated I would say "A dog's
life, the faithful companions of the greats of this world").

It's a book for children and also recounts stories about Princess
Lea's dogs ( that's why she brought one of her dogs with her),
The book is accompanied by an audio CD, Mr. Bern reads the
French version and the version for Belgium also includes a
Dutch part read by Helmut Lotti and a German part read by
Princess Lea!

Maria-olivia, I can imagine that she did inform the Palace, but
wasn't forced to.

Princess Léa pictured at her home in Belgium on February 19, 2010.
First pics after the death of her husband, she looks strong and good.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** belga **

Princess Léa attended the Natan fashion Show, March 9, 2010.
Princess Claire and Prince Laurent attended as well.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Thanks everyone for the pictures! I too think Lea is looks like a very nice woman... I didn't know about her or her husband till now!

It's been quite a while since we've last seen her:

Princess Lea attending a charity dinner and gala at the Conrad Hotel in Brussels
organized by the non-profit organization "Sauvez mon enfant" on October 14,

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** belga **

Back
Top Bottom