State visit Poland to Belgium

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stephanievl

Heir Apparent
City
n/a
Country
Belgium
Z.E. Mr Bronislaw KOMOROWSKI, President of Poland and Mvw Anna KOMOROWSKA will pay a state visit to Belgium from 13/11/2012 until 14/11/2012.

Source

Isn't he distantly related to Mathilde? I thought I read something about that once.

Isn't he distantly related to Mathilde? I thought I read something about that once.

That's correct. Komorowski is a cousin of Anne Komorowski, the mother of Princess Mathilde.

The state visit from Poland is a great news. I am looking forward to seeing photos from the banquet and various engagements.

Last edited:
The state visit from Poland is a great news. I am looking forward to seeing photos.

Yes, after the state visit from Hungary in 2008 we now finally have a new state visit in Belgium.

That's great news indeed. :) For a while I thought Albert had given up on state visits.
It's remarkable that it is a state visit from Poland again. There aren't that many state visits to Belgium and the last state visit from a Polish president to Belgium was only in 2004. Next to diplomatic reasons I could imagine that Mathilde's family ties to Poland play a -albeit very small - role as well. IIRC Mathilde's aunt Rosa Maria Maus de Rolley appeared in a Belgian TV program on the occasion of the Polish EU presidency last year, incl. a meeting between Rosa Maria and President Komorowski.

Did a bit of research and last year Mathilde's mother and aunt attended the concert hosted by Komorowski on occasion of the Polish EU Presidency too.
Here's a picture of them, in the left corner (from top to bottom) are Rosa Maria Maus de Rolley, Anne d'Udekem d'Acoz, Bronislaw Komorowski and his wife Anna.
http://i50.tinypic.com/2yz0idh.jpg

The Polish President Bronislaw Komorowski and his wife have started their two-day official visit to Belgium today, November 13, 2012.

A meeting was held at the royal castle Laeken and some official group pictures were made:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** belga gallery ** gettyimages **

The announcement from the State visit is dissapeared from the agenda.
They replaced it with an audiance and lunch.

How odd! I guess that means no jewels tonight :sad:.

No state Visit since 2008... alas never glittering events in my Country anymore.
I saw pictures of the Lunch and must admit HM the Queen was not glittering at all.....

Wasn't Philippe present? :unsure:

That's correct. Komorowski is a cousin of Anne Komorowski, the mother of Princess Mathilde.
Did a bit of research and last year Mathilde's mother and aunt attended the concert hosted by Komorowski on occasion of the Polish EU Presidency too. Here's a picture of them, in the left corner (from top to bottom) are Rosa Maria Maus de Rolley, Anne d'Udekem d'Acoz, Bronislaw Komorowski and his wife Anna. http://i50.tinypic.com/2yz0idh.jpg
Crown Princess Mathilde's mother countess Anne d'Udekem d'Acoz was present again at today's official lunch, sitting next to her cousin:
Getty Images - Suchen: 156321664 :flowers:
leidi, I can't believe that you've overlooked these shots from the Getty Images picture gallery above:
http://www.gettyimages.de/Search/Search.aspx?contractUrl=2&language=de&family=editorial&assetType=image&mt=photography&p=156321676; Getty Images - Suchen: 156321680 ;)

Last edited:
:unsure:Some little voice in me says that this visit is never meant to be anything else than what it has been today. Maybe a not so very in the matter skilled person has made more about it by the way it was placed on the web-site. I was very surprised that it was announced so short before. To me it seems that the web-site is not that accurate anymore as it was before.
So I don’t think that the visit is downgraded, but I think that it is by accident upgraded in the announcement.:confused:

No state Visit since 2008... alas never glittering events in my Country anymore.
I saw pictures of the Lunch and must admit HM the Queen was not glittering at all.....

Yes, unfortunately. I agree with you.
Let’s face it for a lunch you normally don’t dress with so much glitter and glamour.

I like it very much that Queen Paola seems to like corals. (At least that is what she wears I think)

But viewing the picture I was thinking the same as susan alicia in the QueenPaola'sFashionandStylet hread-

Is she had her jacket unbuttoned and did not stand with her arms behind her, she would look prettier, more feminine.
I am also not so fond of the outfit of the presidents wife by the way. The dress is ok and the jacket also, but she better wore it “unbuttoned” and the black horizontal bar does not make it nicer i.m.o.

That's great news indeed. :) For a while I thought Albert had given up on state visits.
Next to diplomatic reasons I could imagine that Mathilde's family ties to Poland play a -albeit very small - role as well. IIRC Mathilde's aunt Rosa Maria Maus de Rolley appeared in a Belgian TV program on the occasion of the Polish EU presidency last year, incl. a meeting between Rosa Maria and President Komorowski.

I am sorry to say Mara..Neither King Albert nor Mathilde nor her aunt nor her Polish connections have anything to do with State visits. A State visit is conducted after a thorough diplomatic workup between two nations on as many fronts as possible (strategic,economic,trade,defence etc.). And if things go well, then finally State visit is a very ceremonial thing , to just show the world that we are 'good friends'. It is strictly the discretion of the Foreign ministry and the PM of both the countries, and not at all the wish of the monarch or his daughter-in-law's aunt..:lol:

I think it changed in a luch and audiance because in nowadays the government is looking for money for the budget. It wouldn' be appropriate to have a state visit which is a heavy cost.

Lucky they mar wear their tiaras and other jewels for glittering Events at other Royal Courts.
The King and The Queen never go on State Visits abroad anymore. Sad

Hey can someone tell me what is the protocol for a State visit to Belgium?
I mean who receives the visiting HoS at the airport and where is Guard of Honour presented?

For example, I know in Denmark and Spain QMII/KJCI receive them personally at the airport and military salute is presented there itself.
Whereas in UK/Luxembourg/Norway, the PoW/HGD/CP receive them at airport/port and QEII/GDH/KHV receive them at the palaces, where the military salute is presented.

I have not seen any State visits to Belgium and Netherlands..Anyone knows the protocol in these two countries?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom