The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-09-2012, 01:19 PM
Serene Highness
Picture of the Month Representative - Belgium

State visit Poland to Belgium

Z.E. Mr Bronislaw KOMOROWSKI, President of Poland and Mvw Anna KOMOROWSKA will pay a state visit to Belgium from 13/11/2012 until 14/11/2012.

Source

Old 11-09-2012, 01:36 PM
Nobility

Isn't he distantly related to Mathilde? I thought I read something about that once.

Old 11-09-2012, 01:48 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by leidi View Post
Isn't he distantly related to Mathilde? I thought I read something about that once.
That's correct. Komorowski is a cousin of Anne Komorowski, the mother of Princess Mathilde.
Old 11-09-2012, 01:53 PM
Heir Apparent

The state visit from Poland is a great news. I am looking forward to seeing photos from the banquet and various engagements.
To wander on in a huge forest without thought of return. To stand upon the shore and gaze after a boat that disappears behind distant islands. To contemplate the flight of wild geese seen and lost among the clouds.
And, subtle shadows of bamboo on bamboo." Zeami Motokiyo
Old 11-09-2012, 01:56 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post
The state visit from Poland is a great news. I am looking forward to seeing photos.
Yes, after the state visit from Hungary in 2008 we now finally have a new state visit in Belgium.
Old 11-10-2012, 12:35 PM
Aristocracy

That's great news indeed. For a while I thought Albert had given up on state visits.
It's remarkable that it is a state visit from Poland again. There aren't that many state visits to Belgium and the last state visit from a Polish president to Belgium was only in 2004. Next to diplomatic reasons I could imagine that Mathilde's family ties to Poland play a -albeit very small - role as well. IIRC Mathilde's aunt Rosa Maria Maus de Rolley appeared in a Belgian TV program on the occasion of the Polish EU presidency last year, incl. a meeting between Rosa Maria and President Komorowski.
Old 11-10-2012, 12:59 PM
Aristocracy

Did a bit of research and last year Mathilde's mother and aunt attended the concert hosted by Komorowski on occasion of the Polish EU Presidency too.
Here's a picture of them, in the left corner (from top to bottom) are Rosa Maria Maus de Rolley, Anne d'Udekem d'Acoz, Bronislaw Komorowski and his wife Anna.
http://i50.tinypic.com/2yz0idh.jpg
Old 11-13-2012, 09:05 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

The Polish President Bronislaw Komorowski and his wife have started their two-day official visit to Belgium today, November 13, 2012.

A meeting was held at the royal castle Laeken and some official group pictures were made:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** belga gallery ** gettyimages **
Old 11-13-2012, 09:28 AM
Serene Highness

The announcement from the State visit is dissapeared from the agenda.
They replaced it with an audiance and lunch.
Old 11-13-2012, 11:20 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

How odd! I guess that means no jewels tonight .
Old 11-13-2012, 11:57 AM
Heir Apparent

Why? What prompted the changes?
To wander on in a huge forest without thought of return. To stand upon the shore and gaze after a boat that disappears behind distant islands. To contemplate the flight of wild geese seen and lost among the clouds.
And, subtle shadows of bamboo on bamboo." Zeami Motokiyo
Old 11-13-2012, 01:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

No state Visit since 2008... alas never glittering events in my Country anymore.
I saw pictures of the Lunch and must admit HM the Queen was not glittering at all.....
Old 11-13-2012, 02:42 PM
Nobility

Wasn't Philippe present?
Old 11-13-2012, 02:47 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanievl View Post
That's correct. Komorowski is a cousin of Anne Komorowski, the mother of Princess Mathilde.
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Mara* View Post
Did a bit of research and last year Mathilde's mother and aunt attended the concert hosted by Komorowski on occasion of the Polish EU Presidency too. Here's a picture of them, in the left corner (from top to bottom) are Rosa Maria Maus de Rolley, Anne d'Udekem d'Acoz, Bronislaw Komorowski and his wife Anna. http://i50.tinypic.com/2yz0idh.jpg
Crown Princess Mathilde's mother countess Anne d'Udekem d'Acoz was present again at today's official lunch, sitting next to her cousin:
Getty Images - Suchen: 156321664
leidi, I can't believe that you've overlooked these shots from the Getty Images picture gallery above:
http://www.gettyimages.de/Search/Sea...hy&p=156321676; Getty Images - Suchen: 156321680
Old 11-13-2012, 07:51 PM
Aristocracy

Some little voice in me says that this visit is never meant to be anything else than what it has been today. Maybe a not so very in the matter skilled person has made more about it by the way it was placed on the web-site. I was very surprised that it was announced so short before. To me it seems that the web-site is not that accurate anymore as it was before.
So I don’t think that the visit is downgraded, but I think that it is by accident upgraded in the announcement.
Old 11-13-2012, 09:34 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
No state Visit since 2008... alas never glittering events in my Country anymore.
I saw pictures of the Lunch and must admit HM the Queen was not glittering at all.....
Yes, unfortunately. I agree with you.
Let’s face it for a lunch you normally don’t dress with so much glitter and glamour.

I like it very much that Queen Paola seems to like corals. (At least that is what she wears I think)

But viewing the picture I was thinking the same as susan alicia in the QueenPaola'sFashionandStylet hread-

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan alicia View Post
Is she had her jacket unbuttoned and did not stand with her arms behind her, she would look prettier, more feminine.

I am also not so fond of the outfit of the presidents wife by the way. The dress is ok and the jacket also, but she better wore it “unbuttoned” and the black horizontal bar does not make it nicer i.m.o.
Old 11-14-2012, 02:20 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Mara* View Post
That's great news indeed. For a while I thought Albert had given up on state visits.
Next to diplomatic reasons I could imagine that Mathilde's family ties to Poland play a -albeit very small - role as well. IIRC Mathilde's aunt Rosa Maria Maus de Rolley appeared in a Belgian TV program on the occasion of the Polish EU presidency last year, incl. a meeting between Rosa Maria and President Komorowski.
I am sorry to say Mara..Neither King Albert nor Mathilde nor her aunt nor her Polish connections have anything to do with State visits. A State visit is conducted after a thorough diplomatic workup between two nations on as many fronts as possible (strategic,economic,trade,defence etc.). And if things go well, then finally State visit is a very ceremonial thing , to just show the world that we are 'good friends'. It is strictly the discretion of the Foreign ministry and the PM of both the countries, and not at all the wish of the monarch or his daughter-in-law's aunt..
Old 11-14-2012, 04:04 AM
Serene Highness

I think it changed in a luch and audiance because in nowadays the government is looking for money for the budget. It wouldn' be appropriate to have a state visit which is a heavy cost.
Old 11-14-2012, 06:29 AM
Heir Presumptive

Lucky they mar wear their tiaras and other jewels for glittering Events at other Royal Courts.
The King and The Queen never go on State Visits abroad anymore. Sad
Old 11-14-2012, 08:08 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
How odd! I guess that means no jewels tonight .
Its very odd!

Is it a State Visit or just an Official Visit?