State Visit from Turkey to Belgium: October 4-6, 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think this visit was a kind of landmine for P&M, they had to deal with the bad situation as well as they could but it was obvious no one was comfortable, thing is, it would have been even worse if they hadn't received another Head of State coming to Belgium; the only exception might be an African warlord or North Korea's leader due to international image, we all know that countries that violate human rights left, right and centre like Saudi Arabia are always welcomed everywhere due to oil :rolleyes:

I think this visit was a kind of landmine for P&M, they had to deal with the bad situation as well as they could but it was obvious no one was comfortable, thing is, it would have been even worse if they hadn't received another Head of State coming to Belgium; the only exception might be an African warlord or North Korea's leader due to international image, we all know that countries that violate human rights left, right and centre like Saudi Arabia are always welcomed everywhere due to oil :rolleyes:

As someone mentioned before, Xi Jinping was in Belgium not so long ago and was given a lavish reception with tiaras and all. As far as I see it, Xi's record on human rights is no better than Erdogan's. In fact, it may be even worse. That was not a problem to the Belgians though.

Besides, Erdogan's visit to the EU headquarters in Brussels was particularly important at this moment because of the European refugee crisis and the pivotal role that Turkey plays therein.

Last edited:
As someone mentioned before, Xi Jinping was in Belgium not so long ago and was given a lavish reception with tiaras and all. As far as I see it, Xi's record on human rights is no better than Erdogan's. In fact, it may be even worse. That was not a problem to the Belgians though.

Besides, Erdogan's visit to the EU headquarters in Brussels was particularly important at this moment because of the European refugee crisis and the pivotal role that Turkey plays therein.

China is a very powerful commercial ally of the EU, so it is no wonder why he was received like that.

The Kurdish community had all the right to be incensed at Erdogan but I think it was sheer hypocrisy from the City Hall to meet Jinping with pomp and refuse to meet the Turkish president, that's where you see how important money truly is :ermm:

Back
Top Bottom