Royal Family of Belgium - Current Events Part 9 (Jan 2019 - present)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marengo

Administrator
Site Team
City
São Paulo
Country
Brazil

214px-Coat_of_Arms_of_the_King_of_the_Belgians.svg.png

Royal Coat of Arms of Belgium

Welcome to the thread Royal Family of Belgium Current Events, Part 9

Commencing January 9th, 2019

The previous thread can be found here

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs

· Only pictures that you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles, so no more than 20% of an article
text should be posted, along with the link to the original article.
· We expect our members to treat each other, and the royals and persons in these threads, with respect.
· The Report Post button is for reporting inappropriate content in a post if no moderators or administrators are online.
· Threads should remain on topic. Posts which are irrelevant or disruptive
will be deleted or moved by one of the moderators.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Impressive pictures of our " Salle du Trône ".
No attendance of King Albert Ii , they are in Italy for holidays ?.

Impressive pictures of our " Salle du Trône ".
No attendance of King Albert Ii , they are in Italy for holidays ?.

Those chandeliers in that room never fail to impress me every time.
I am not really missing Albert, this couple alone shines!

The Salle du Trone at the Palais Royale in Brussels is a magnificent location for the New Years Reception today.

Good for him! Its something King Harald would say above party political interests.

Last edited:

King Philippe and Queen Mathilde have arrived:

** Video **

And so have King Albert and Queen Paola:

** Video **

And Prince Laurent without Princess Claire:

** Video **

Inside the church:

** Video **

And here's a first gallery: belga gallery

Last edited:
Wim Dehandschutter says on twitter that Princess Claire telephoned to cancel her attendance 'last minute'. I am not sure if that is correct as IIRC she did not attend the mass for several years now.

Princess Esmeralda and Princess Lea always attend the mass, as does Princess Margaretha of Liechtenstein née Luxembourg.

Last edited:
Strange that Princess Claire cancelled seeing as she doesn't have that many public acts ,nice to see king Albert and Queen Paola at the annual Mass.

:previous:

When being asked about her absence Prince Laurent answered:

"No, she is not sick. She just stayed home."

See the following short video.

** Video of Albert, Paola and Laurent **

** Video of Laurent commenting on the Lybia case **

Demanding that Prime Minister Michel should help: "It depends on the government and everyone should do their job".

King Albert was asked whether he hoped "for a good outcome at the Court of Cassation" (in connection with Delphine Boël and the DNA test), but Albert ignored the question:

** Video **

And here are some more photos:

** fb gallery ** gettyimages gallery ** rtl.be video ** ppe gallery **

** dailymail: Queen Mathilde becomes the latest royal to ditch the hat for an on-trend headband..**

Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:
Wim Dehandschutter says on twitter that Princess Claire called to cancel her attendance 'last minute'. I am not sure if that is correct as IIRC she did not attend the mass for several years now.

Princess Esmeralda and Princess Lea always attend the mass, as does Princess Margaretha of Liechtenstein née Luxembourg.

It appears Princess Claire initially planned to attend this year as she at first was listed under the event in the agenda on monarchie.be.

:previous:

When being asked about her absence Prince Laurent answered:

"No, she is not sick. She just stayed home."

See the following short video.

The cause of the absence is apparently unclear. Although she and her husband have from time to time stayed home from events due to the discord within the royal family, that seems less probable today given that her husband was present.

King Albert was asked whether he hoped "for a good outcome at the Court of Cassation" (in connection with Delphine Boël and the DNA test), but Albert ignored the question:

** Video **

Isn't the hope for a certain outcome the usual reason for any person to appeal a legal ruling?

The video outside of the church is very awkward, Paola is like "yeah, this is my son" and Laurent ignores her completely, while in another of the videos, he's seen calling his brother so people can take a picture of them together.

The interaction between Prince Laurent and his brother the king outside the church was cold ,but I can't blame the king given Prince Laurent's constantly embarrassing the RF.

The interaction between Prince Laurent and his brother the king outside the church was cold ,but I can't blame the king given Prince Laurent's constantly embarrassing the RF.

At least they interact? Because Laurent does not interact with his parents AT ALL. :ermm:

It was bare minimum but I have absolutely no sympathy for Laurent .

I don't remember if last year King Alberti and Queen Paola entered the Church by the main entrance but they left by the side entrance.
I saw yesterday on TV how difficult the steps were for both.

Queen Paola walking with the aid of cane but looking healthy.

Ouf . Very last family gathering with Princess Claire missing.

Former is our National Day on July 21st and we know that King Albert II and Paola were not be there.

But now we have a great King , Queen and their 4 Children a happy family.

We should have had it before if Queen Astrid did not pass away.

The President of the Senat's wife with her green dress should be sit better !

There was a very close Relationship.
He celebrated King Leopold III Funerals, King Baudouin and Queen Fabiola's Funerals. Prince Philippe and Princess Mathilde Wedding and the baptism of their four Children.

The family at the funeral of Cardinal Danneels at the Sint-Romboutskathedraal (Cathedrale Saint-Rombaut) in Mechelen today, March 22:

** Pic ** lalibre gallery ** belga gallery **

Last edited:
Prince Lorenz 's Sister was next to him. Sad Princess Claire stayed home.

Back
Top Bottom