Royal Family of Belgium - Current Events Part 9 (Jan 2019 - present)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:previous: I believe Maria Luisa is on the very far right of the photo, at the end.

No Maria-Laura is on the end of the picture. Luisa-Maria’s head can be seen between her cousins Elisabeth and Nicolas at the back.

It's actually a lovely picture, who would have thought these two would get to be married this long? :lol:

Nicolas is much taller than Aymeric, I think both him and Gabriel are going to be the tallest ones in the family, it's actually remarkable how much Elisabeth and Luisa look alike, you can see a strong family resemblance there, the genes of this family are quite something: Nicolas looks like a mini-Laurent, Emmanuel looks like a mini-Philippe, Laura looks like a young Astrid, etc :D

Aymeric is a mini Baudouin, would you believe that?! A funny thing considering Laurent went on for ages babbling that he wasn't Albert's son!

If I'm not mistaken Joachim is living in South Africa. A pity that he and his girlfriend couldn't join the family for this occassion.

In addition, I wondered whether it is on purpose that we cannot see Anna-Astrid's face. She is in the picture but unrecognizable. Alternatively, It could be that she just wanted to hang on to her dad and couldn't be moved to look into the camera.

Aymeric is a mini Baudouin, would you believe that?! A funny thing considering Laurent went on for ages babbling that he wasn't Albert's son!

As if Laurent didn't look like a fat version of his dad at the same age :cool:, I mean, he looks more than Albert than Philippe does.

In addition, I wondered whether it is on purpose that we cannot see Anna-Astrid's face. She is in the picture but unrecognizable. Alternatively, It could be that she just wanted to hang on to her dad and couldn't be moved to look into the camera.

Yes, I think she seems shy. ?

She is also inheriting her parents height...she looks big for her age!

Lovely to see the family together, though it looks as if little Anna-Astrid didn't share the same thoughts! :D

Prince Emmanuel suddenly looks quite grown up, in a kind of James Bondish way. A cutie.

Prince Emmanuel is lowkey handsome. He has charisma.

The Belgian Royal Family is the only one whose Members refused attending Events and Stay Home.
There is "hate" among their Members since Generations.

There was hate between Leopold II and his Brother Philippe Count of Flanders. He was at the end of his life , was sitting and had a plaid on his knees. King Leopold II came unexpectly , he wanted to shake his brother hands. but the Count of Flanders put his two hands under his plaid. The King left immediately.

Hate between King Leopold III and Charles Count of Flanders., his brother too
Queen Elisabeth her whole life loved only her first Son.
I just read a book about the Memories of the Painter Afred Bastien who was very close to King Albert I. When we had no King during the war , he became friend and painting teacher of Prince Charles. Prince Charles was our Regent between 1945 and 1950. He lived in the left side of the Royal Palace. He often invited Mr and Mrs Bastien . He was really alone. (He wanted to marry a Communor and King Leopold III sad no. But himself marries a Communor Lilian Baels.)
He renovated part of the Palace and put furniture and paintings he loved.

When Leopold III came back the Count of Flanders had 8 days to leave the palace. All what he did in the left side was destroyed. He slept at Mr Bastien's home before moving in the Castle of Argenteuil he refused but went to Raversyde.
he did not attend his Mother's Funerals . The 2 Brothers died the same year but Leopold III did not attend Prince Charles Funerals.

And now ?? When Queen Fabiola was still living the whole Royal was always there.
But now hate again ???

Last edited:
The Belgian Royal Family is the only one whose Members refused attending Events and Stay Home.
There is "hate" among their Members since Generations.

There was hate between Leopold II and his Brother Philippe Count of Flanders. He was at the end of his life , was sitting and had a plaid on his knees. King Leopold II came unexpectly , he wanted to shake his brother hands. but the Count of Flanders put his two hands under his plaid. The King left immediately.

Hate between King Leopold III and Charles Count of Flanders., his brother too
Queen Elisabeth her whole life loved only her first Son.
I just read a book about the Memories of the Painter Afred Bastien who was very close to King Albert I. When we had no King during the war , he became friend and painting teacher of Prince Charles. Prince Charles was our Regent between 1945 and 1950. He lived in the left side of the Royal Palace. He often invited Mr and Mrs Bastien . He was really alone. (He wanted to marry a Communor and King Leopold III sad no. But himself marries a Communor Lilian Baels.)
He renovated part of the Palace and put furniture and paintings he loved.

When Leopold III came back the Count of Flanders had 8 days to leave the palace. All what he did in the left side was destroyed. He slept at Mr Bastien's home before moving in the Castle of Argenteuil he refused but went to Raversyde.
he did not attend his Mother's Funerals . The 2 Brothers died the same year but Leopold III did not attend Prince Charles Funerals.

And now ?? When Queen Fabiola was still living the whole Royal was always there.
But now hate again ???

Hopefully, the improved attendance at the Christmas concert this year is a sign of better times.

I don't believe in pictures..They had to be there .
Why for the first time did King Albert and Queen Paola attending ??
As usual non smiling Prince Laurent and Princess Astrid;

Wonderful to see King Albert and Queen Paola at the concert this year a real surprise!

Yes it was nice to see Albert and Paola there - I like the family photos.

It's a Saturnalia miracle to see them all together, isn't this the first time the whole family attends the concert since Philippe became King?

It's a Saturnalia miracle to see them all together, isn't this the first time the whole family attends the concert since Philippe became King?

I think so. Maybe Elisabeth's birthday back in October managed to reunite the family, maybe it's the Delphine Böel's case.

But it is indeed a Christmas miracle to see them gathered together for a festive occasion.

King Philippe with Princess Astrid attend at a reception offered by Pieter De Crem Minister of the Interior, Security and Foreign Trad

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EPX4oF5X0AEYB-6?format=jpg&name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EPX3WqvWsAEhoaD?format=jpg&name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EPX4oDcXUAAu6Tz?format=jpg&name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EPX4oC7WsAEHg2o?format=jpg&name=large

King Philippe, Queen Mathilde, Princess Astrid and Prince lorenz at a New Year's reception for the Belgian Authorities, at the Royal Palace in Brussels today

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EPhYpV9XkAEgpmM?format=jpg&name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EPhoxxkXUAEN3D8?format=jpg&name=large

https://www.belgaimage.be/#/gallery/6848011

Last edited by a moderator:
Already , great thanks Iceflower.

The little Prince Leopold of Liechtenstein is burried there since 1984 . King Baudouin was his Godfather.

Last edited by a moderator:
Were Princess Astrid or Prince Laurent not present?

In this past we have seen Princess Leah in attendance at the Mass,the Luxembourg cousins are so reliable.

Back
Top Bottom