Royal Family of Belgium - Current Events Part 8 (July 2013 - Dec 2018)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous:
There's no particular connection between the Royal House of Bourbon-Two Sicilies and the Belgian Royal House. It may partly be explained by the fact of the Duke of Castro and King Philippe being of the same generation (born 1963 and 1960 respectively). The Duke has often surprised us with his previously unknown and diverse close personal relationships across the Gotha, both Protestant and Roman Catholic.

:previous:
There's no particular connection between the Royal House of Bourbon-Two Sicilies and the Belgian Royal House. It may partly be explained by the fact of the Duke of Castro and King Philippe being of the same generation (born 1963 and 1960 respectively). The Duke has often surprised us with his previously unknown and diverse close personal relationships across the Gotha, both Protestant and Roman Catholic.

do we know who the twins godparents are? it is tradition to invite the child's godparents to their communion, even if there's no particular role for him during the ceremony. I thought perhaps the Dukes of Castro maybe the twins godparents. Their girls seems to be friends with Louise to be just family acquaintances.

Congratulations to the princes Nicolas and Aymeric!
They are two handsome boys :kiss:
Also, their big sister princess Louise is so growing up.
And ,king Philippe's two boys and two girls are sooooo lovely.

According to magazine Humo, the Belgian RF has been connected to a religious sect for decades.

"Koning Boudewijn was verbonden aan religieuze sekte" - HLN.be

The magazine that Baudouin, Fabiola, Abert, Paola, Philippe and Mathilde were/are all members. Laurent was not, and he paid the price for it.

Leaders of the British branch of the sect were cardinal Suenens and sister Veronica O'Brian (both are supposed to have coupled B & F).

According to magazine Humo, the Belgian RF has been connected to a religious sect for decades.

The magazine that Baudouin, Fabiola, Abert, Paola, Philippe and Mathilde were/are all members. Laurent was not, and he paid the price for it.

Leaders of the British branch of the sect were cardinal Suenens and sister Veronica O'Brian (both are supposed to have coupled B & F).

The Charismatic Renewal is a religious movement within the Catholic Church, that sometimes practices worship outside the Mass and encourages people to talk directly to Jesus and to invoke the Holy Spirit. their rites may be perceived from the outside as a sect, because through the years has received some criticism from the most conservative wing of the church, but it's in communion with the Pope.

Sr Veronica O’Brien (1905 – 1998) was Irish & joined the Convent of St Clotilde in London and later was a leading figure in the Belgian Charismatic Renewal.Must see if I can find any links with her & the Belgian RF.

The Belvue Museum has on his walls the 5 Kings and too day it was the Inauguration of our six th King Alert II of the Belgians.
People who attend the Inauguration said that the two Kings shake hands .. and even the grandchildren shake hands with their grandfather.

The Royal Family inaugurated the King Albert II exibition on the occasion of King Albert's 80th birthday in Brussels, today, June 7:

Some witnesses at the entrance of the museum said that at their arrival the two kings and their families just shook formally their hands, even with the grandchildren. Queen Paola instead, avoided everyone and entered the building immediately.
One of the woman who talked to the journalists said, you can watch it in the francophone video, "It's a pity the children of Philippe shake the hand of their grandfather, as if he was just the king for them and not their grandad"

Some witnesses at the entrance of the museum said that at their arrival the two kings and their families just shook formally their hands, even with the grandchildren. Queen Paola instead, avoided everyone and entered the building immediately.
One of the woman who talked to the journalists said, you can watch it in the francophone video, "It's a pity the children of Philippe shake the hand of their grandfather, as if he was just the king for them and not their grandad"

It's a testament of how damaged the family truly is, you see the King and his siblings are somewhat close and came for Laurent in his hour of need but both him and Philippe tend to stay clear of their parents as much as possible, which is not hard because they only seem to appear to cause trouble, I don't honestly see them as the kind of grandparents who would stop at Laeken just to see the little ones and it is sad, because they are missing on a lot of good things and maybe the kids would feel a bit rejected since their grandparents aren't making an effort to be closer to them, who knows :ermm:

It's a testament of how damaged the family truly is, you see the King and his siblings are somewhat close and came for Laurent in his hour of need but both him and Philippe tend to stay clear of their parents as much as possible, which is not hard because they only seem to appear to cause trouble, I don't honestly see them as the kind of grandparents who would stop at Laeken just to see the little ones and it is sad, because they are missing on a lot of good things and maybe the kids would feel a bit rejected since their grandparents aren't making an effort to be closer to them, who knows :ermm:

I don't consider myself a relationship guru or an expert in body language, but I always felt there was something off between the old regent couple and the current king's children. I feel Philippe wants to protect them from his parents who caused him pain when he was a kid (because they really made him suffer). And I suppose when you're not a good parent, you can't be a good grand parent either...and it inevitably shows.
Now it comes to my mind a footage from an old family photoshoot where Philippe's kids go and give a peck on the cheek of Queen Fabiola...the King had always considered her has a motherly figure, and he taught his children to behave in a certain way with her...
What a troubled family...no surprise in the latest survey King Albert lost a lot of popularity and the King raised considerably, even surprisingly in the north of the Country

Sent from my GT-P5100 using The Royals Community mobile app

The "Charasmatic Movement" swept the world and encompassed both Roman Catholics and Protestants. It was a most divisive movement which tended to the extremes in that only those who where "touched by the spirit" could "speak in tongues" and "prophesy". Sort of a "these people are christians and those people just think they are" type of scenario. Fortunately time tempers all and the pendulum swung (mostly) back to center.

However, watching the interaction of the BRF I find it hard to believe that Albert and Paola were or are practising members. It was and still is asomewhat touchy-feely deal with lots of hugs and kisses all round and, to be honest, A and P have always seemed somewhat distant, cold and remote.

Most ordinary families hug and some kiss one cheek and others do the European double cheek right and left kiss. Albert and Poala shake hands with their children and grandchildren! Go figure.

Next news King Albert and Queen Paola will not attend the National Day on July 21th !

The "Charasmatic Movement" swept the world and encompassed both Roman Catholics and Protestants. It was a most divisive movement which tended to the extremes in that only those who where "touched by the spirit" could "speak in tongues" and "prophesy". Sort of a "these people are christians and those people just think they are" type of scenario. Fortunately time tempers all and the pendulum swung (mostly) back to center.

Totally off-topic, but I never understood why it was considered as a sect. When you go to one of those worship events, it's just the same as prayer. Of course it's in communion with the pope, it's just people praying. :)

Most ordinary families hug and some kiss one cheek and others do the European double cheek right and left kiss. Albert and Poala shake hands with their children and grandchildren! Go figure.

In Belgium you only kiss on one cheeck... if you do kiss. And hugs are totally not done, only if you are very close and on special occasions then.
Most of the times (and especially in the North of the country and, - I hate saying that - in the "higer society" ) you don't kiss at all.
I have friends I know since years, people from college who I see every day still I never give a kiss, and it's not an exception. I never hugged my grandparents, I give them one kiss. My cousins shake hands with their grandmother, even tought they are very close to her. Maybe Belgian people are very cold, but as a Belgian I don't find it personally shocking that they are shaking hands with their grandparents. :)

Next news King Albert and Queen Paola will not attend the National Day on July 21th !
RTL announced that the interview contains an important piece of news. I’m starting to think that Albert probably announces that he will withdraw from public life. Just a guess though. It makes no sense to skip the most important events of the year (like national day) and then continue to do other activities on your own. It is just highlighting the rift in a very bad fashion.
In any case this better is the last incident and they find a modus Vivendi now. It escalated so much that at the end of the day everyone loses.

In Belgium you only kiss on one cheeck... if you do kiss. And hugs are totally not done, only if you are very close and on special occasions then.
Most of the times (and especially in the North of the country and, - I hate saying that - in the "higer society" ) you don't kiss at all.
I have friends I know since years, people from college who I see every day still I never give a kiss, and it's not an exception. I never hugged my grandparents, I give them one kiss. My cousins shake hands with their grandmother, even tought they are very close to her. Maybe Belgian people are very cold, but as a Belgian I don't find it personally shocking that they are shaking hands with their grandparents. :)
I agree, I dont think its shocking either. The women who were interviewed are Albert and Paola’s most involved supporters. They never have anything nice to say about Philippe and his family. This statement is no surprise and actually the most active one of them already mentioned on twitter and other blogs that she had said lots of other negative things that weren’t aired. I would take these statements with a grain of salt. As for the grandchildren only shaking hands with their granddad - that’s still an improvement. Leopold III had to read magazines to have a look at his grandchildren. :whistling:

I was also surprised to read in the more serious papers that not even Astrid attended a private celebration. Sounds strange to me.

Where was the time when the whole Royal family came at the annual Autumn Concert.
Queen Mathilde is perfect !

Well, hopefully they'll find a way to show up all together sooner or later, in the next weeks they'll have at least a couple of occasions for doing (the King's Feast on 15 November or the Christmas concert).

Btw, it seems to me that this new "narrowed" Royal Family is working well, and I'm pleased by that. Better a smaller but functioning RF than a larger but dysfunctional one.

Well, hopefully they'll find a way to show up all together sooner or later, in the next weeks they'll have at least a couple of occasions for doing (the King's Feast on 15 November or the Christmas concert).

Btw, it seems to me that this new "narrowed" Royal Family is working well, and I'm pleased by that. Better a smaller but functioning RF than a larger but dysfunctional one.

I agree with you but I still find strange that Astrid has such a low key role lately, I thought the two siblings of the King would have more or less equal roles, maybe she asked not to be drafted so often? I don't know.

The late count was a banker and the former chairman of the annual Queen Elisabeth Music Competition and held positions in various charities. In 2012 he received the grand cross of the Leopold order.

The family was ennobled in the twenties. The count has three sons from his (dissolved) marriage to an Austrian noblewoman. I suppose the sons are the 3 gentleman pictured with the two queens.

Pic 3 Two Queens and Count de Launoit 3 Sons.
It is a big honor for the late Count de Launoit , it is not often that a Queen attends Funerals in Belgium , but two Queens , this will never happen again !
Princess Lea was only a guest as others..

A very elegant gentleman with a big heart who was dedicated to many good causes. People like him are rare to find. Comte Launoit will be really missed and the impressive guest list of his funeral is a reflection of this.
Even the youngest members of the RF got the chance to know him since he was the one who welcomed them to the Queen Elisabeth competition sessions.

When I saw Majesté Queen Mathilde (who officially represented Queen Fabiola ) and Queen Paola together for the Count Jean Pierre de Launoit 's funerals, I really miss Queen Paola.
The two Queens did not come together (15 minutes difference) and did not speak together either. What a difference with Spain and the Netherlands.

Beautiful family, everyone looks great! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom