The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-18-2014, 10:52 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliette2 View Post
This year the concert was in Queen Fabiola's honour. Both Philippe and Mathilde are still in mourning and wearing black.
I must comment that Mathilde has a very elegant mourning wardrobe.

The black dress she wore to lunch with the EU president the day after QF's funeral was simply divine. How long is the period of Court mourning for? Is it for 30 days after the death, or 30 days after funeral.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice" MLK Jr 1929-1968
Old 12-19-2014, 04:13 PM
Administrator

Here are some more pics of the Christmas concert:

** royalista.com article and gallery **

** lesoir.be gallery: Les plus belles photos du concert de Noël au Palais **

** pp gallery: Famille royale de Belgique: La classe au concert de Noël à la mémoire de Fabiola **

Old 12-21-2014, 12:42 PM
Nobility

I loved the way Élisabeth was smiling for the cameras, it was like she knew exactly what they wanted and she gave it to them in the best possible way.
Old 12-21-2014, 12:47 PM
Majesty

I hope and pray that it doesn't happen for many, many years but I think Princess Elisabeth is going to be a magnificent queen of the Belgians some day.

Her upbringing and education has been impeccable, and her parents must be bursting with pride. She is a real credit to Philippe and Mathilde.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice" MLK Jr 1929-1968
Old 12-21-2014, 01:17 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
I hope and pray that it doesn't happen for many, many years but I think Princess Elisabeth is going to be a magnificent queen of the Belgians some day.

Her upbringing and education has been impeccable, and her parents must be bursting with pride. She is a real credit to Philippe and Mathilde.
I think so too. She seems very confident and comfortable at the same time. Philippe and Mathilde are great parents, all the kids seem to be very sweet and well behaved..
Old 12-26-2014, 02:41 PM
Aristocracy

Link to the complete christmas concert
Place Royale - RTL TVI

This year they had a childrens choir and a young violinist performing. It's my impression that they opted for a more family oriented concept right from the start - young musicians on the stage and young listeners in the audience. So the presence of Elisabeth and her siblings is no afterthought imo.
Paola's lady in waiting was seated in the second row, next to Philippe's staff. Too bad she couldn’t convince Albert and Paola to attend as well.
Old 01-29-2015, 06:30 AM
Administrator

King Philippe and Queen Mathilde hosted the fourth New Year's reception for the Belgian authorities at the Royal Palace today, January 29. Princess Astrid, Prince Lorenz and Prince Laurent were present as well.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** belga gallery ** facetoface **

** pm gallery: Mathilde reçoit tout ce qui compte dans le pays **
Old 01-29-2015, 03:14 PM
Courtier

I didn't want to be the one who brings this but when was the last time we saw Laurent and Claire together in public?

It's either one or the other and they used to go together everywhere.

I'm not saying they are having marital problems or anything, I just find it strange since we see Astrid and Lorenz together most of the time.
Old 02-12-2015, 05:57 AM
Administrator

The Royal Family attended the annual mass for the deceased members of the family at the Notre-Dame church in Brussels, today, February 12:

** belga gallery ** facetoface gallery **

** dpp gallery: Belgian royal family at commemoration mass **

** soirmag.lesoir.be gallery: La famille royale honore ses défunts (photos) **

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** Pic 7 ** Pic 8 ** Pic 9 **
Old 02-12-2015, 08:30 AM
Heir Apparent

Prince Laurent did not attend , bad memories of last year when his car was not at the place he wanted !

I saw Queen Fabiola's close family.
The Lady who was singing the Salve Rociera is just behind the Kings on the second row.
Old 02-12-2015, 03:18 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Royal Family Mass at Our Lady of Laeken church

PPE

PPE Agency

Tomb of Baudouin and Fabiola in the crypt

PPE Agency
Old 02-12-2015, 03:22 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
Prince Laurent did not attend , bad memories of last year when his car was not at the place he wanted !
Laurent has been a bit sick, had to cancel a couple of acts this last week.
Old 02-12-2015, 05:16 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Thanks for explaining that leidi!

And indeed maria olivia, how could we forget the car incident .

Princess Esmeralda looked very elegant, as did her sister-in-law. Also queen Paola looked great with her modern glasses and her old hair style.

On the ppe photos there are two nieces of Q. Fabiola. Nice that they were able to attend.
Old 02-12-2015, 05:28 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

I noticed that both Princesses Leah and Esmeralda had sketches of Baudouin and Fabiola and others as they left Mass.

[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto

It was indeed nice to see Queen Fabiola's Spanish family represented at the family Mass.
Old 02-12-2015, 06:11 PM
Heir Apparent

Princess Esmeralda received a Sketch representing her Father and his 2 wifes .

Less people outside the Church ! I wanted to go but the Church of Laeken is far away from Brussels from the railway Stations.
Prince Leopold von und zu liechtenstein is burried there. King Baudouin was his Godfather. His parents ( Margaretha and Niklaus) did attend of course, it was their first born Child.
Old 02-12-2015, 08:07 PM
Aristocracy

Oh that tomb with Fabiola in it now and her favorite picture of the two of them just has me almost sobbing.
Old 02-13-2015, 06:49 AM
Heir Apparent

I am happy I did not go yesterday.
A friend told me there was High Security and only people who came very early and with flowers could approch the Royal Family. The others were very dissapointed
Last Year it was not like that...
Old 02-13-2015, 07:32 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
I am happy I did not go yesterday.
A friend told me there was High Security and only people who came very early and with flowers could approch the Royal Family. The others were very dissapointed
Last Year it was not like that...
Last year they didn't have to fear an assassination.

King Philippe as well as the politicians Bart de Wever and Jan Jambon received death threats by terroristic groups. These threats are viewed as very concrete and extremely frightening by the national security experts. The security for these three persons is drastically increased since then. And in addition to these alarming threats the Islamic State terrorists addressed a letter to Philippe and Bart de Wever and announced to carry out bomb attacks in Belgium. The remembrance service must have been a security nightmare for the police and I'm sure everyone who is involved is very sorry that all these measures have to be taken.
Old 02-27-2015, 12:41 AM
Moderator Emeritus
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Fashion designer Edouard Vermeulen, Princess Lea, Princess Claire of Belgium, Prince Laurent of Belgium and Mvr Solvay pictured during a gala evening of the Prince Laurent Foundation, at Cercle Royal Gaulois, in Brussels, Thursday 26 February 2015.

Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
ANP
Old 02-27-2015, 02:06 AM
Administrator

Here are some more pics of yesterday's gala evening:

** belga gallery ** facetoface gallery **

Tags
archduke lorenz, king albert ii, king philippe, prince emmanuel, prince gabriel, prince laurent, princess astrid of belgium, princess claire, princess eleonore, princess elisabeth, princess esmeralda, princess lea, queen fabiola, queen mathilde, queen paola