The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Belgium

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-19-2014, 06:09 AM
Nobility

If this is true, then I'm disappointed on Claire, I thought she was better than this.

Old 02-19-2014, 08:10 AM
Courtier

[QUOTE=Marengo;1642164]
The press said that her staying away was a protest that the couple needs to pay tax over their dotation. As they end up with less money, Princess Claire stays home. This however has been denied by the couple but nothing Laurent does surprises us anymore these days of course.

Oh, and if the press says so it must be true...
First of all, I´m not a Claire, nor a Laurent "Fan" and I know not much about them as my focus is on other Royals. But what I really hate is when people start getting unfair!
To be honest, I don´t find this particular event very important! I mean, who of us is attending livelong services of remembrance for our dead ancestors (many of them we didn´t even met in our lifetime)?!
This could easily become an empty duty. Isn´t it more important to think of your dead loved ones from time to time in your daily live, visiting their graves now and then?
And those who are remembered here are not even Claire´s blood relatives. There could have been dozends of good reasons why she didn´t attend - may be one of the kids was sick, whatever. Even if she decided to just drop it this year - that´s her business.
What right do we have to judge her, especially when knowing nothing really about her motives?

Old 02-19-2014, 10:58 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Here are some more pics from yesterday's mass:

** dpp: Belgian royal family attend commemoration mass **

** semana.es: Matilde de Bélgica, impecable en el funeral en memoria de los muertos de la familia real ** translation **
Old 02-19-2014, 05:34 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post

And Laurent... what has he done this time? ... getting angry as his car was blocked, see clip of HLN:

Prins Laurent maakt zich flink kwaad - HLN.be

You'd think by now we'd have seen all his antics,he really is the loose cannon of the Belgian RF!
Old 02-20-2014, 10:59 AM
Heir Presumptive

He insulted before the camera the official Communication man of the Royal Palace.
Very very bad image of our Royals.

King Albert and Queen Paola had to leave the Church from the small back side, pathetic!
Old 02-20-2014, 01:55 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Such a pity that Queen Fabiola and Princess Astrid were not there,hope Princess Astrid is feeling better.As for Princess Claire she should have kept her husband at home with her.
Old 02-20-2014, 02:34 PM
Nobility

I would suggest the King (technically he's the chief of the family) asks his brother to step aside...his behaviour is just a shame for the entire family
Old 02-26-2014, 11:19 AM
Gentry

I have a small theory that Fabiola is choosing to limit her appearances not just due to age and mobility, but due to the controversy surrounding her last year. I think she doesn't want additional stress on Philippe and Mathilde.

Just doesn't seem right without Fabiola.
Old 02-26-2014, 01:39 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

I highly doubt that an appearance at a mass commemorating among others, her own husband, would fuel controvercy. Neither do I think that the king and queen would find Fabiola's presence extra stress, they seem to be quite close to her.
Old 02-26-2014, 02:55 PM
Gentry

Related to the appearances, I'm speaking in generalities. Of course she's very close to Philippe and Mathilde - there's no question of the loving relationship among those, and I think it's lovely. Where I'm going with this is...with three queens and two kings, the Belgians have faced additional grumbling from republicans.

I think we might be seeing this mirrored among other families - the notion of streamlining family appearances. Example: Charles wants to tighten things up to a core group, much to Andrew's chagrin.
Old 04-26-2014, 03:49 PM
Super Moderator

King Albert, Queen Paola and Princess Astrid were received for a private audience with Pope Francis at his private library in the Apostolic Palace in Vatican City today, April 26. Royal families and heads of State are arriving in Rome for tomorrow's canonization of popes John Paul II and John XXIII.

** parismatch: Albert de Belgique et Paola reçus par le Pape François **

** gettyimages/Vatican Pool gallery ** belga gallery ** apa/picuredesk **

** rtl.be video: Le pape François a reçu le roi Albert II et la reine Paola **

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery: Pope Francis Meets Queen Paola And King Albert II Of Belgium **
Old 04-27-2014, 09:09 AM
Super Moderator

King Albert and Queen Paola of Belgium attended the canonisation in which John Paul II and John XXIII were declared saints today April 27, 2014. I couldn't spot Astrid yet, but I guess she attended as well as she had been present yesterday :

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** belga gallery ** gettyimages **
Old 04-27-2014, 12:09 PM
Nobility

it's sweet to think that Albert and Paola actually met at a party held at the Belgian Embassy in Rome for St. John XXIII enthronement back in 1958
Old 04-30-2014, 04:17 PM
Super Moderator

Princess Claire and Princess Léa attended a birthday party in honour of British Queen Elizabeth II at the British Residence in Brussels today, April 30. Queen Elizabeth turned 88 on April 21, 2014.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** belga gallery **
Old 05-29-2014, 06:37 AM
Super Moderator

The Royal Family, godparents and friends have celebrated the First Communion of Prince Aymeric and Prince Nicolas at the Sainte-Catherine church in Bonlez today, May 29:

** fb place royale: Communion des Princes Aymeric et Nicolas **

** rtl.be video: Albert et Philippe réunis pour la communion des jumeaux de Laurent et Claire (vidéo) **

** sudinfo.be: Communion des princes Aymeric et Nicolas, les jumeaux de Laurent et Claire ce jeudi: Philippe était là (vidéo) **
Old 05-29-2014, 06:59 AM
Heir Presumptive

Delightful pix ! The family together !
Old 05-29-2014, 10:05 AM
Heir Presumptive

Delightful pictures , but what was behind the smiles ?? and Laurent's non smile !
Claire and King Albert II were close , but Prince Laurent was behind with the Duke and Duchess of Castro and Archduchess Marie Astrid of Austria/luxembourg.
Old 05-29-2014, 11:41 AM
Royal Highness

When did Princess Elizabeth and Prince Gabriel celebrate their first ccommunion? I don't remember seeing pictures.

Lovely images of the family, Aymeric and Nicolas seem like sweet boys.
Old 05-29-2014, 11:50 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I didn't realize that it was time for Nicolas and Aymeric to have their First Holy Communion. Time flies! They looked smart in their suits and I love Elisabeth and Eleonore's dresses. It's nice to see Albert and Paola linking arms with Claire, it seems they got on well with her today.
"She is a little angel and like her name, she brings sunshine even on cloudy days. From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your lovely best wishes for our daughter. She feels very loved". HRH Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland on her daughter, HRH Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland.
Join my new group!
Old 05-29-2014, 12:26 PM
Aristocracy

More photos on l'avenir.net:
Le prince Laurent et le roi Philippe présents à la commu... (1) - Lavenir.net

Tags
archduke lorenz, king albert ii, king philippe, prince emmanuel, prince gabriel, prince laurent, princess astrid of belgium, princess claire, princess eleonore, princess elisabeth, princess esmeralda, princess lea, queen fabiola, queen mathilde, queen paola