The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Belgium

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-31-2014, 03:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
I have to say that I'm still not used to Paola's haircut!
God! What was she thinking!

Old 01-31-2014, 04:22 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
No warm contact between the 2 Queens !
Oh I don't want to sound mean but it seems to me, they never had the warmest relationship, at least in comparison with the one Queen Paola has with the other daughter in law. as if there was a sort of rivarly between the two ladies.
But at the same time, I'm well aware that what we see of them it's just a surface, and we don't know a thing about them.
So I won't judge.

Old 02-01-2014, 12:42 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – The Netherlands

Another pic from the account Twitter of the "Child Focus" foundation:

#Koningin #Paola was 12 jaar erevoorzitster van Child Focus. Vandaag 31/01 volgt Hare #Majesteit de Koningin op. pic.twitter.com/xaMtWzsFZL
Old 02-01-2014, 01:08 PM
Commoner

I think Queen Paola's hair is ABSOLUTELY fabulous............. Why paint it all those years, the chemicals are so bad for you.
I did the same with my hair 3 years ago and have never looked back, and I am much younger, it is liberating to do...!!!!
I think this snow white hair does not necessarily age you, with good make-up you can look stunning.... Well done Paola!
Old 02-01-2014, 02:49 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkrish View Post
Yes it will be jointly inaugurated by The President of India and the King of Belgium.

Moreover, this is a sort of returning the State Visit to India made by King Albert and Queen Paola last year.

Thanks, maria-olivia. Can we have some video links.. I didnt get them yet..

What a nice way out..neither Dutch and French. Thank us Indians
Indeed!And I liked how the King made reference to India's 22 official languages and how the country works despite linguistic differences: surely a model to be studied closely by the linguistically challenged Kingdom of the Belgians
Old 02-02-2014, 05:06 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

On January 31 King Philippe and Princess Astrid attended the New Year's reception of the Agency for Foreign Trade at its premises in Brussels.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **
Old 02-04-2014, 10:07 AM
Super Moderator

Here's another gallery of Queen Paola and Queen Mathilde at Child Focus last week:

** pp: Mathilde et Paola de Belgique : Passage de témoin en douceur entre reines **
Old 02-04-2014, 11:59 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericat View Post
I think Queen Paola's hair is ABSOLUTELY fabulous............. Why paint it all those years, the chemicals are so bad for you.
I did the same with my hair 3 years ago and have never looked back, and I am much younger, it is liberating to do...!!!!
I think this snow white hair does not necessarily age you, with good make-up you can look stunning.... Well done Paola!
I also think, she is looking much younger and "hipper" .... just curious to see, how she is looking with a tiara.
BYe Bine
Old 02-04-2014, 12:52 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

On January 31 King Philippe and Princess Astrid attended the New Year's reception of the Agency for Foreign Trade at its premises in Brussels.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **
Great pictures, but that man seems to have managed to get into every one!
Old 02-04-2014, 02:13 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacknch View Post
he's just the Minister of Foreign Affairs LOL
Old 02-05-2014, 05:47 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacknch View Post
In this particular case rather my fault than his I've chosen these pics out of a larger collection and that not because of him but because of lovely Astrid.

Today, February 5, King Philippe, Queen Mathilde, King Albert, Queen Paola, Princess Astrid and Prince Lorenz attended an academic session in Brussels organized by the Belgian Red Cross on the occasion of its 150th anniversary.

** belga gallery ** apa/picturedesk **
Old 02-18-2014, 07:17 AM
Super Moderator

Today, February 18, the Belgian Royal Family attended the annual mass to commemorate the deceased members of the family at the Onze-Lieve-Vrouwkerk/Eglise Notre-Dame church in Laeken.

** belga gallery ** gettyimages gallery ** ppe gallery ** facetoface ** apa/picturedesk **
Old 02-18-2014, 08:02 AM
Heir Presumptive

Already Iceflower , great thanks.
Desperately No Queen Fabiola.
I was happy to have shake her hand on July 31th 2013
Old 02-18-2014, 10:14 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Prince Laurent was looking rather jolly outside the church! Was Princess Claire present at the Mass?
Old 02-18-2014, 11:04 AM
Heir Presumptive

No she should have sit next to Prince Lauent o the first row.
I suppose Princess lea and her family were sitting on the second row.
I did not see Princess Maria Esmeralda and thought seeing Princess Marie Christine now we have a new King.
Old 02-18-2014, 11:24 AM
Aristocracy

Now that Claire is staying away from important official events she should reveal why and I consider staying away because they have to pay taxes now no valid reason at all. If this is her reason then she should reconsider her behaviour, because it will backfire.
Astrid and Lorenz are missing also, Astrid is sick and Lorenz had other obligations they said.
Princess Lea was there with her children and her son-in-law, Princess Esmeralda attended with her complete family and Princess Margaretha of Liechtenstein was there too.
Old 02-18-2014, 02:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Mara* View Post
Now that Claire is staying away from important official events she should reveal why and I consider staying away because they have to pay taxes now no valid reason at all. If this is her reason then she should reconsider her behaviour, because it will backfire.
Astrid and Lorenz are missing also, Astrid is sick and Lorenz had other obligations they said.
Princess Lea was there with her children and her son-in-law, Princess Esmeralda attended with her complete family and Princess Margaretha of Liechtenstein was there too.
What does Princess Claire's absence have to do with taxes? Is it possible she had other engagements?
Old 02-18-2014, 03:35 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

The press said that her staying away was a protest that the couple needs to pay tax over their dotation. As they end up with less money, Princess Claire stays home. This however has been denied by the couple but nothing Laurent does surprises us anymore these days of course.

------

Apparently Princess Astrid was ill and her husband Lorenz is in Switzerland for his work.

If Pss Marie Christine would be there, I am sure that the press would have written about it. It would be quite something.

And Laurent... what has he done this time? ... getting angry as his car was blocked, see clip of HLN:

Prins Laurent maakt zich flink kwaad - HLN.be
Old 02-18-2014, 03:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post

The press said that her staying away was a protest that the couple needs to pay tax over their dotation. As they end up with less money, Princess Claire stays home. This however has been denied by the couple but nothing Laurent does surprises us anymore these days of course. ... [snipped]
Thanks for the explanation!
If true, the reason for not attending the Mass is pathetic. Furthermore, it is an annual commemoration service for the family members that passed away. It is a more personal event than an official one.
It has been agreed that royal donations are subject to taxation. Protesting in this case achieves absolutely nothing.
Old 02-18-2014, 05:57 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post

And Laurent... what has he done this time? ... getting angry as his car was blocked, see clip of HLN:

Prins Laurent maakt zich flink kwaad - HLN.be
God-awful behaviour. I guess he is heading for the next time-out.

And I made a mistake in my previous post. Princess Esmeralda was in company of her children but her husband didn't attend.

Tags
archduke lorenz, king albert ii, king philippe, prince emmanuel, prince gabriel, prince laurent, princess astrid of belgium, princess claire, princess eleonore, princess elisabeth, princess esmeralda, princess lea, queen fabiola, queen mathilde, queen paola