Royal Family of Belgium - Current Events, Part 7 (Jan. 2009 - July 2013)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad to see Queen Fabiola out and about and nice to see Marie Astrid and her family attending the requiem too. I wonder if Margaretha and Nikolaus of Liechtenstein will join them too next year. Their son is buried at the royal crypt.

Are you sure the little Prince leopold of Liechtenstein is buried in Belgium ?

Are you sure the little Prince leopold of Liechtenstein is buried in Belgium ?
Yes. There´s a very detailled royal blog with a description of the royal crypt.
Royal Travel Blog: Royal Crypt Laeken

There you can see the memorial stone in front of his grave.
http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/...Laeken/Laeken-NotreDameOnzeLieveVrouw-K-2.jpg

I think it was Queen Fabiola who offered Margaretha and Nikolaus of Liechtenstein a place in the royal crypt after the tragic death of their son.

Last edited:

Today, June 2nd, the Royal Family attended the First Communion of Princess Louise, eldest daughter
of Prince Laurent and Princess Claire at the St. Catherine Church of Bonlez.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** gallery ** rtl.be video **

RTBF TV has stressed that our King did NOT salute Prince Laurent....

The Royal Family attended at the First Communion ceremony of Princess Louise daughter of Prince Laurent and Princess Claire. June 02, 2011

BelgaPicture - Category details

Wonderful pictures of the family together and congratulations to little Louise! Did I miss pictures of Elizabeth's first communion?

rominet09 said:
RTBF TV has stressed that our King did NOT salute Prince Laurent....

He's still mad at him, then?

Thanks for the photos!
Queen Paola and other ladies in the family looked great.

Wonderful pictures of the family together and congratulations to little Louise! Did I miss pictures of Elizabeth's first communion?
yeah i wonder that too. i never saw them i think. maybe it was privite?

Following where present

Prince Laurent & Princess Claire, twins Prince Nicolas and Prince Aymeric
King Albert & Queen Paola
Queen Fabiola accompanied by her niece and godmother of Princess Louise, Princess Margaretha of Liechtenstein
Prince Filip & Princess Mathilde with Prince Emmanuel
Princess Astrid & Prince Lorenz with Prince Joachim and Princess Laetitia Maria
Prince Carlo & Princess Camilla of Bourbon-Two Sicilies

Thanks for the photos, I liked seeing the family reunited :)
It seems to me that Prince Laurent is getting thinner... no?

Last edited:

Today, June 2nd, the Royal Family attended the First Communion of Princess Louise, eldest daughter
of Prince Laurent and Princess Claire at the St. Catherine Church of Bonlez.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** gallery ** rtl.be video **

Louise is beginning to look very much like her mother, Princess Claire! :whistling:

Yes fancatt...it does appear as if Laurent is slimming down!

Last edited:
Following where present

Prince Laurent & Princess Claire, twins Prince Nicolas and Prince Aymeric
King Albert & Queen Paola
Queen Fabiola accompanied by her niece and godmother of Princess Louise, Princess Margaretha of Liechtenstein
Prince Filip & Princess Mathilde with Prince Emmanuel
Princess Astrid & Prince Lorenz with Prince Joachim and Princess Laetitia Maria
Prince Carlo & Princess Camilla of Bourbon-Two Sicilies

:unsure:I really wonder why Princess Claire's parents viz. Princess Louise's maternal grandparents Nicole and Nicholas Coombs didn't attend the First Communion...Their house is even located near the St. Catherine Church of Bonlez as a reader of the blog "L'actualité des royautés" mentioned in his comment: L'actualité des royautés

Louise stole the show ; no word of the other children doing their first Communion. I know people living in Bonlez who came to see the King !.
L' abbé Gilbert is always there when he can be seen on TV.

No l'abbé Gilbert happens to be a friend of Laurent and the Royal family !

The Princess didn't wear white or a veil?

In Catholic Ireland all girls making their First Holy Communions wear a white dress & veil .

Maybe the tradition differs in other countries?

Brazil's President Dilma Rousseff is in Brussels today.

King Albert received her at Laeken Palace in Brussels, a reception attended by several members of the family
followed. In connection with the visit several family members will also attend the festival "europalia.brasil" today.

** Pic ** daylife gallery ** belga gallery **

The royal family during the opening of the 23rd edition of the Europalia arts exhibition at the Brussels
Center for Fine Arts /Palais des Beaux-Arts / Paleis voor Schone Kunsten, Tuesday 04 October 2011.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** belga gallery ** isopix gallery **

** ppe gallery ** deredactie.be gallery **

Last edited:
I am very happy to see the entire family and my favorite queen Fabiola of Belgium, I liked her very much in the years 60 70 , she is yet my favorite member of the royal family of Belgium. I like this family and also the couple Philippe and Mathilde and their lovely children but I remembered when King Baudoin and Queen Fabiola was married and I hoped so much they have children. Now Queen Fabiola is 83 and I like her yet and I wish to see her many times, she is a lovely old lady and I like these meeting where we can see all the family.

King Albert, Queen Paola, Queen Fabiola, Crown Princess Mathilde, Princess Astrid and Prince Lorenz
attended an autumn concert at the Royal Palace in Brussels, Wednesday 26 October 2011. The royal
couple wanted to honour volunteers at this occasion, the concert was organised in collaboration with
the Wallonie Festival and the Festival van Vlaanderen.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** belga gallery **

King Albert, Queen Paola, Queen Fabiola, Crown Princess Mathilde, Princess Astrid and Prince Lorenz attended an autumn concert at the Royal Palace in Brussels, Wednesday 26 October 2011. The royal couple wanted to honour volunteers at this occasion, the concert was organised in collaboration with the Wallonie Festival and the Festival van Vlaanderen.
** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** belga gallery **
Thank you, iceflower -here are two additional photo galleries:
1. http://www.picturedesk.com/bild-disp/search/search.action?ts=1319733087532&data=eyJzb3J0IjowLCJucnAiOjUwLCJycyI6MCwicG4iOjEsInN0IjoiUVVFUllfU1RSSU5HIiwiYnIiOlsiMDo0MDpjb25jZXJ0IE9jdG9iZXIgMjYgMjAxMSBCcnVzc2VscyJdfQ
2. Newscom - Multimedia for Websites and Publishers (In case this link doesn't lead you directly to the photos, just enter "fall concert Brussels October 26 2011" as searching keywords:flowers:.)
----------
Still from the reception for Brazil's president Dilma Rousseff plus the opening of the 23rd edition of the Europalia arts exhibition at Brussels' Center for Fine Arts on October 4, 2011:
1a. http://www.royalportraits.nl/categories.php?cat_id=701; 1b. http://www.royalportraits.nl/categories.php?cat_id=702&page=1
2. http://dutchphotopress.com/search/Europalia%20Brasil%202011?mode=0 (picture gallery without watermarks)

Last edited:
Normally Prince Laurent and Princess Claire attended.
We have to wait until November 15th.

Also Prince Philippe didn't attend the concert; is it known why did he miss it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom