Royal Family of Belgium - Current Events, Part 7 (Jan. 2009 - July 2013)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
. Prince Laurent, Princess Claire, Princess Léa and Princess Marie-Esmeralda today, March 7, attended the ceremony in which journalist, author and producer Stephane Bern was declared Officer in the Order of Leopold at the Egmont Palace in Brussels.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** ... [snipped]
Is the man standing near Princess Claire Martin Short? If yes, what order did he get?

Is the man standing near Princess Claire Martin Short? If yes, what order did he get?

No, the gentleman standing next to Claire is Didier Reynders, he's a Belgian politician, currently Belgian's Vice Prime Minister and Foreign Affairs Minister.

Thanks for the information!
Well ... Mr. Reynders resembles young Martin Short a bit.

The princess and queen used the Belgian flag colours in their outfits
Mathilde in a black shirt, yellow golden earrings and a red blazer
Paola with a black bag and blazer, yellow blouse and red earrings and trousers

Last edited:
Great to see the King with his grandchildren.

Princess Mathilde stayed in Belgium for the soccer match with her family instead of going to the swedish wedding. She was right. Wonderful royal family .

Elisabeth is turning into a beautiful young lady in front of our eyes, she's gonna be a teenager soon!

I can totally imagine Albert and Philippe screening her future suitors in a few years :ROFLMAO:

I bet Gabriel already added Brazil 2014 to his agenda. He has been the most eager royal soccer supporter so far. :cool:

Great to see them together! Queen Paola looks very relaxed, love her black-yellow-red outfit. Congrats to the Belgians for their 2-1 win,they're in a comfortableposition now to reach the World Cup in Brazil.

lovely family moment. and It was about time. I've never seen warm moment between their majesties and their grandchildren (philippe's side) that made me questioning about the relationship among them. I love the way Queen Paola used the Belgian flag's colors on her outfits.
Prince Gabriel is becoming, little by little, one dashing Prince Charming.
And Princess Elisabeth, she's a quite sophisticated beauty...to me, she looks a lot like Queen Astrid..I wonder if King Albert ever thought about it and how he feels about it (even if he was just a baby when his mother died)

It's a very nice photo and I'm glad to seem them together having a good time.
And Gabriel has grown so tall lately.
On the contrary I've seen the king and the queen being very nice to Philippe's children. It's evident in most of the family's photo sessions.

Last edited:
Elisabeth is very pretty and Gabriel is looking so grown up now, I think he's going to be handsome when he is older! I like the photo of Albert and Gabriel together- that's a very nice grandfather and grandson moment. :)

Last edited:

On June 8 Princess Léa and Princess Esmeralda attended a memorial for Christian de Duve, Nobel Prize-winning cytologist and biochemist. He had died aged 95 on May 4 in Nethen, Belgium.

** Pic ** gallery ** translated lesoir.be article **

King Albert, Queen Paola, Crown Princess Mathilde, Princess Elisabeth and Prince Gabriel attended the soccer match between the Belgian Red Devils and Serbia as qualification for the World Cup 2014 in Brazil, in Brussels today, June 7, 2013.
** lavenir.net: Belgique - Serbie: des supporters royaux (photos) **
** belga gallery ** apa/picturedesk gallery **
Here you can see picture galleries from Place Royale and Het Nieuwsblad: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151404626527161.1073741887.313749967160&type=1; Koningshuis in assorti zwart-geel-rood - Sportwereld I daresay Queen Paola had a multilingual fun evening chatting to her amiable granddaughter on her left http://1.lavenircdn.net/Assets/Images_Upload/Actu24/2013/06/07/PID_$510285$_40cc4940-cfab-11e2-b7c2-d74afe713893_web_scale_0.1041667_0.1041667__.jpg.h600.jpg as well as to Mr. Di Rupo on her right http://1.lavenircdn.net/Assets/Images_Upload/Actu24/2013/06/07/PID_$510285$_47ab65ac-cfab-11e2-b7c2-d74afe713893_web_scale_0.075_0.075__.jpg.h600.jpg (presumably in Italian)... It would be a very nice surprise if Princess Elisabeth and Prince Gabriel accompanied the grown-ups to the closing concert of the Queen Elisabeth Music Competition on June 17!

Last edited:
Last edited:

Princess Claire and Princess Léa have made a visit to Camp Tournesol (Camp Sunflower) in Spa today, June 25, 2013. Since 1989 the Foundation against Cancer organizes this summer camp where children can enjoy some holidays with all the medical assistance they need.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

** lameuse.be: Deux princesses pour visiter le camp des 50 enfants victimes du cancer, à Spa ** translation **

** gettyimages/photonews gallery: BEL: Princess Claire And Lea Visit Camp Tournesol **

** televesdre.eu video: Spa : les Princesses Claire et Léa en visite au camp Tournesol **

** portfolio.sudpresse.be gallery: Spa: les princesses Claire et Léa en visite à Sol Cress pour le camp tournesol **

Last edited:
One of the good things of king Albert II is that he normalized/fixed the relationship with the Argenteuil branch of his family IMO. Good to see princess Léa finding her own small role in the family.

Princess Claire and Princess Léa have made a visit to Camp Tournesol (Camp Sunflower) in Spa today, June 25, 2013. Since 1989 the Foundation against Cancer organizes this summer camp where children can enjoy some holidays with all the medical assistance they need.
** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **
** lameuse.be: Deux princesses pour visiter le camp des 50 enfants victimes du cancer, à Spa ** translation **
Here are three other picture galleries:
Hollandse Hoogte (Hollandse Hoogte keywords: princesse Claire camp tournesol); Deux princesses rendent visite aux enfants malades du ca... (1) - Lavenir.net; https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151432479012161.1073741915.313749967160&type=3

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom