Royal Family of Belgium - Current Events, Part 7 (Jan. 2009 - July 2013)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Royal Family, in its role as comforter, needs to be highlighted here. This is a national tragedy (and for Holland, too), so it is appropriate to note that the Royal Family is acting as it should in extending comfort. I am sure it will not end with today's condolences.

Thanks Lucien for starting this thread.
This tragedy has the frontpage of a lot of foreign newspaper. We are waiting the results of the bus «*tachographe*».
Is was a very heavy front accident , nothing remains of the front of the bus is which unfortunately the 6 adults died : the two bus drivers, the teacher of the class , 3 other adults and 22 children or more.
All the seats of the bus went to the front and the 22 or more children died immediately.
Others are fighting for their lifes other are deeply chocked but save.
4 Bodies were difficult to identify and a poor mother said his name was sewed on his jacked, but they had to destroy the clothes because it was difficult to take the poor bodies off. Terrible, terrible
The swiss securest said that they were absolutely chocked and never saw this.
And the press : the press is everywhere in the cities of the schools , in switzerland.
This day a Flemish newspaper published pictures of the children without asking the parents agreement.
You know Belgium is a little Country but when it is concerning innocent children they
remain great people (Marc Dutroux) and to-day there is no difference between Flemish and Walloons.
The most terrible thing is that the parents who flow yesterday to Switzerland did not know if her Child was killed or not ; they received the King’s support totally chocked and with little information they had did they realize it was the King ?

Last edited:
Dreadful news,I was watching news reports last night & it was almost too upsetting to watch.

Such a sad tragedy, prayers and peace offered to all affected.

So sad......my heart weeps for the families of those who have lost their lives in this tragic accident.

Very sad indeed. I am a schoolteacher and I would be devastated if anything of such a nature should ever happen to any of our schoolchildren. My thoughts are with the parents, family, friends, teachers and fellow students of the victims.

This friday,march 16th will be a day of National mourning in Belgium.
The country will observe a minute of silence at 11.00AM local time ( GMT+1).

A National service of remembrance will be planned at a later date in
close planning with the parents.

In The Netherlands flags are at halve mast today.

Some of the least wounded children were allowed to go home yesterday.
The parents of the victims had a chance to greet their children at the morgue yesterday,and some went to the tunnel to lay flowers.At Lommel there was a prayer service attended by 2500 people.

Last edited:
Very sad and tragic event for the people, and im sure too that the Monarchies of both Belgium and Nederlands will be a comfort and strength to the nation and the people.

I was so upset at this terrible news: poor kids and poor families!
My heart and thoughts go out to the all of them.

Off topic: I agree not to mix up this tragedy with the thread on Mme Assad, whose husband is responsible for the death of hundreds of Syrian children, and the Sarkozys, who, now disown the Assads, but whom they sat at the table with up until few weeks ago. Thanks to our mods!

TO DAY 16/3 NATIONAL MOURNING DAY IN BELGIUM

LUCIEN STARTED A THREAD ABOUT THE BELGIAN TRAGEDY IT HAS BEEN REMOVED ON TM ’s THREAD ?

THE PARENTS WHO TOOK THE AIRPLANE TO SWITZERLAND DID NOT KNOW IF THEIR CHILD WAS ALIVE ORE NOT . NO LIST WAS DONE AND THE BODIES COULD NOT BE IDENTIFIED. THEY RECEIVE SUPPORT FROM THE KING AND THE QUEEN . THIS PARENTS ONLY WISH IS TO GO QUICKY ON THE PLACE OF THE TRAGEDY!

THIS TRAGEDY WITH 6 ADULTS AND 22 CHILDREN WHO LOST THEIR LIFES , THE SORROW OF THE FAMILIES AND THE SHOCK OF THE INJURED CHILDREN SHOULD DESERVE A THREAD IN THE ROYAL FORUMS ALTOUGH IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH FASHION. EVEN PRESIDENT OBAMA GAVE HIS SUPPORT TO THE BELGIAN FAMILIES.

Last edited:
maria-olivia said:
TO DAY 16/3 NATIONAL MOURNING DAY IN BELGIUM

LUCIEN STARTED A THREAD ABOUT THE BELGIAN TRAGEDY IT HAS BEEN REMOVED ON TM ’s THREAD ?

THE PARENTS WHO TOOK THE AIRPLANE TO SWITZERLAND DID NOT KNOW IF THEIR CHILD WAS ALIVE ORE NOT . NO LIST WAS DONE AND THE BODIES COULD NOT BE IDENTIFIED. THEY RECEIVE SUPPORT FROM THE KING AND THE QUEEN . THIS PARENTS ONLY WISH IS TO GO QUICKY ON THE PLACE OF THE TRAGEDY!

THIS TRAGEDY WITH 6 ADULTS AND 22 CHILDREN WHO LOST THEIR LIFES , THE SORROW OF THE FAMILIES AND THE SHOCK OF THE INJURED CHILDREN SHOULD DESERVE A THREAD IN THE ROYAL FORUMS ALTOUGH IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH FASHION. EVEN PRESIDENT OBAMA GAVE HIS SUPPORT TO THE BELGIAN FAMILIES.

It hasn't been removed it's been merged with the current events thread. Shouting about this incident will not make if any better.

So very sad for the families of the lost and wounded. My thought and condolences for the families and survivors.

A very sad duty for the Royal Family. :sad:
Queen Beatrix is most likely to be represented by the crown princely couple.

Such a sad day indeed, my condolences go out to those families who love ones.
:: flickering candle:: :: flowers ::

A British boy was among 28 people - 22 of them children - killed when a coach struck the wall of a Swiss tunnel on the way back from a school skiing trip.

Sebastian Bowles, 11, who had moved from Crouch End in north London to Belgium two years ago, was a student at St Lambertus School in Heverlee.

The bus crash is an unimaginable tragedy. My condolences to those, who lost the loved ones.

Staphanievl,
Thanks for sharing the arrival in Belgium of the 22 white little coffins and the 6 coffins of the 4 teachers and the 2 bus drivers. Their received the honors of the highest to the lowest militaries from Belgium
The Belgian Government such as the Swiss Authorities did the very best. I appreciate seeing how at 11 the whole country and even the Members European Commision in Brussels were silent.

I have been a bit harsh in this thread and the one about Princess Mathilde ’s fashion . She did her very best to wear or to borrow mourning clothes and....

A very impressive minute of silence was held today at 11.00 in train stations, airports, offices, government buildings,... people stopped their cars at the side of the road.
I hope the parents, surviving children and their families and friends feel supported by these signs of sympahty.

Prince Philippe and Princess Mathilde spoke with their children on the telephone about the bus accident.
'​
"It is important that they know the truth."

Especially Elisabeth (10) and Gabriel (8) according to Mathilde old enough to realize what happened. "They were emotional. We have called them to talk and reassure them. It is important that they know the truth: children returned with great memories of snow class after a week in the mountains and then a tragedy happened.
'​
Really awful. " The oldest children "feel involved," said Philippe.

Royal couple: 'We called our children about the busdrama'

TRH The Prince of Orange and Princess Máxima as well as Dutch PM Mark Rutte will attend the ceremonies in Lommel on wednesday as well as in Heverlee on thursday as was announced by the RVD government information service this afternoon.

King Harald sent a letter of condolance to King Albert.

"Your Majesties, On occation of the tragic event in Switzerland where so many people including children lost their lives, we send you our deepest sympathy and condolences.Harald"

Kondolanse

So sad what has happened, those poor children, what a sad ending there are truly no words for this, I hope they are all at peace now and the families of those involved in this horrible crash are all in my prayers and the king and queen are doing a great job leading the people in their grief. May the children forever rest in peace, it just so sad it brings me to tears.

TRH The Prince of Orange and Princess Máxima as well as Dutch PM Mark Rutte will attend the ceremonies in Lommel on wednesday as well as in Heverlee on thursday as was announced by the RVD government information service this afternoon.

The Memorial Service at Lommel tomorrow morning will be aired on TV both in Belgium and The Netherlands from 10.25AM on Ned2.

On July 19, 2012 King Albert, Queen Paola, Crown Prince Philippe and Crown Princess Mathilde attended the inauguration of the exhibition "Science and Culture at the Royal Palace" at the Royal Palace in Brussels:
BelgaPicture - Category details; http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture/editorial/all/coverage/3844215.html; http://www.picturedesk.com/bild-disp/search/search.action?ts=1342714546185&data=eyJzb3J0IjowLCJucnAiOjUwLCJycyI6MCwicG4iOjEsInN0IjoiUVVFUllfU1RSSU5HIiwiYnIiOlsiMDoyMTonU2NpZW5jZSBhbmQgQ3VsdHVyZSBhdCB0aGUgUGFsYWNlJyBCcnVzc2VscyAyMDEyIl19 (picture galleries)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom