The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Belgium

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-27-2009, 02:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Lillibeth are you referring to the photo taken in June 1961 when the Royal couple had an audience with Pope John XIII? That photo is listed here in the "Baudouin and Fabiola" pictures thread.

There is another one where the couple is with Queen Beatrix and Fabiola has a red coat on and looks very definitely pregnant. Her face is even more full than usual. The photo was taken around 1965-66.

Old 07-27-2009, 02:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

It was always in the beginning of her pregnancies, we never saw.
King Baudouin and Queen Fabiola were on official visit to France and her evening dress from Balenciage came to late. General de Gaulle, the then President of France, had to wait 45 minutes until the arrival of the Belgian royals . A few days later Fabiola had a miscarriage .

Old 07-27-2009, 03:27 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by morhange View Post
Probably just HM Queen Fabiola, HM Queen Paola and HM The Queen :)
I was thinking it would be HM the Queen Dowager (Fabiola), HM Queen Paola and HM the Queen.
Old 07-30-2009, 05:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

How sad that she had so many miscarriages. It must've been so traumatic for her especially given her position.
Old 07-30-2009, 07:26 PM
Gentry

Well, i find these ones in the pictures thread, i think the first one is when they visited queen beatrix, the red coat looks really suspicious, and the others i think they're from the vatican visit in 1961, please correct me if i am wrong:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...0&d=1126428135
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...4&d=1100109662
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...9&d=1102757844
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...4&d=1100078024
Old 08-03-2009, 07:26 PM
Heir Apparent

lilibeth77 THANK YOU! Yes, these are the photos I saw where HM looked radiant and in the early stages of pregnancy.

How sad it is to look at these pictures from a distance and think of how hopeful and prayerful they must have been each time, only to have it end in disaster.

Only God knows the reason....

Also maria-olivia you are right about the French State visit of 1961. The queen became seriously ill and DeGaulle even sent his personal physician to try and assist her. She was flown back to Brussels and suffered a miscarriage on June 23, 1961, which was only about 3 weeks after the official announcement had been.
Old 08-03-2009, 11:50 PM
Courtier

Thanks, lilibeth. That sort of thing could easily destroy so many marriages, yet they had such a beautiful love story in spite of all five of those tragedies.

I love the way he's looking at her, especially in the first picture.
Old 08-04-2009, 12:16 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I always felt sorry for Fabiola - she and Baudouin were such an adorable, loving couple. They would have been fantastic parents IMO I have great respect for Queen Fabiola.
Old 08-04-2009, 08:06 AM
Courtier

Fabiola and Baudouin are one of my favourite couples: theirs was a true love story that was able to overcome all difficulties and obstacles.
It only shows just how strong their love was, if it was able to get them through traumatic loss of 5 unborn children.

Queen Fabiola a remarkable woman in every way, not least because of her incredible bravery.
Old 08-04-2009, 01:13 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dierna23 View Post
I always felt sorry for Fabiola - she and Baudouin were such an adorable, loving couple. They would have been fantastic parents IMO I have great respect for Queen Fabiola.

Your English is quite perfect! I agree with you, they would have been ideal as parents.
Old 08-05-2009, 06:26 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaDreamin View Post
Your English is quite perfect! I agree with you, they would have been ideal as parents.
Thanks so much, I try my best Well, after all it was great to see that their love endured all this difficult times. And as I read, Queen Fabiola did a lot of charity work for children.
Old 08-15-2009, 06:05 AM
Heir Presumptive

I was very sad thah they could not have chidren , because they were a such loving couple
Old 08-15-2009, 08:19 AM
Heir Presumptive

Yes,it is a pity,because they would have brought up her children with great catholic values,as they had

Tags
fabiola, fabiola de mora y aragon, miscarriages, queen fabiola