Queen Fabiola in Hospital for Lung Problems; Jan. 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe a consequence of the surgery of the last week?

Let's hope she will soon be cured and healthy

Last edited:
get well soon for Queen Fabiola and healthy, lucky life

Gosh I hope she recovers soon and I'm sure she is in the best of care

This is very sad news. I hope that she recovers very soon. I wish her good health and strength.

im very sad for lovely queen fabiola ,hope she will soon be cured and healthy !

I suppose no news is good news? I can't find at the Belgian teletext, newsites, television news etc. of today.

I agree with you, Marengo. Absence of news in such situations might be viewed as good because there is nothing bad to report. I wish Queen Fabiola speedy recovery.

I hope the best for Queen Fabiola and a uncomplicated recovery.

The condition of HM Queen Fabiola deteriorated severely,according to a statement issued by the Royal Palace,Brussels today.

I am afraid we have to be prepared for the worst.Hope I'm wrong.

The site of the Royal Family talks about "sérieux mais stable" (serious but stable) conditions. I wish her to be healthy.

Maybe a consequence of the surgery of the last week?

I would think so too yes.There are more risks than people think off for an operation on the thyroid gland.
And to have it under hypnosis?Silly.

But the (severe) pneumonia is not an unusual side-effect with the elderly,
and she had the hypnosis as that would cause a minimum of side-effects...

http://www.royalimages.nl/search.pp?specialid=1822&flush=1

Courtesy Royalimages.

http://gpdhome.typepad.com/royablognl_news_summary/2009/01/queen-fabiolas-condition-serious.html

courtesy Royalblog.

Last edited:
In Dutch they say 'Ernstig maar stabiel': grave but stable... The palace refuses to give any other comment for now.

--
HM has a Bronchopneumonia, which is:

is a type of pneumonia characterized by multiple foci of isolated, acute consolidation, affecting one or more pulmonary lobes.

(wikipedia)

According to the lung doctors consulted by the VRT this can be very dangerous with people of an advanced age.

http://www.deredactie.be/cm/de.redactie/binnenland/090119_Fabiola

Last edited:
I would think so too yes.There are more risks than people think off for an operation on the thyroid gland.
And to have it under hypnosis?Silly.

But the (severe) pneumonia is not an unusual side-effect with the elderly,
and she had the hypnosis as that would cause a minimum of side-effects...

ANP Beeldbank

Courtesy Royalimages.

http://gpdhome.typepad.com/royablognl_news_summary/2009/01/queen-fabiolas-condition-serious.html

courtesy Royalblog.

News Summary Royalblog.nl: Queen Fabiola's condition "serious"

I am saddened to learn about Queen Fabiola's health condition. Unfortunately her age works against her chances of recovery. I hope that she will be recover.

I am so sorry about Queen Fabiola"s health.

Hope She gets well soon.

I am a bit confused about the hypnosis. Was this done in lieu of anaesthesia? Is this something that is frequently done in Belgium? I have never heard of anyone undergoing hypnosis for surgery.

Queen Fabiola is in my thoughts and prayers.

I am a bit confused about the hypnosis. Was this done in lieu of anaesthesia? Is this something that is frequently done in Belgium? I have never heard of anyone undergoing hypnosis for surgery.

Queen Fabiola is in my thoughts and prayers.

Hypnosis as aneasthesia is long accepted and nothing new,it is done everywhere if you so wish.
Ofcourse the procedure is not used with thorax and other serious op´s.

Last edited:
:previous: it is only used for minor surgery. The idea is that the patient concentrates so deeply on anything (but not that knife cutting away) that they don't feel it. Compare it to a doctor talking to a child and keeping it busy when he tries to give it an injection. For me it never worked, but some get so caught up in the story they/the doctor tell(s) that they don't feel the injection. It's the same principle.

ETA: just heard on the radio: the Palace says the condition of the Queen is "serious but stable". She has a serious pneumonia.
source: deredactie.be

Last edited:
I hope that Queen Fabiola will recover, she has always been a favourite of mine, a lovely lady.

Often minute people have great strenght and energy...I like to think that Queen Fabiola is one of them...I hope She is.

I hope for her recovery but if that is not meant to be I hope she passes easily and peacefully.

:angel:

Poor Queen Fabiola. I hope she's ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom