Queen Fabiola in Hospital for Lung Problems; Jan. 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a relatively young person, and I suffered from broncho-pneumonia years ago and I thought I was going to die. It was very painful, and I had to sleep almost in a sitting position for days in order to breathe.

It was simply hell.

For a person of the queen's advanced age I cannot imagine the suffering. I am praying that she is going to recover and be around her family and loved ones for a while longer, at least.

I had Health Problems similar as well Convulsing coughing High Fever I Thought I Too would pass before I Was rushed to the Hospital Thankfully it passed before morning I Can only hope for some small mercies for this great lady

I have read in hola magazine that Fabiola is grave.

According to the radio news, the Queen does not only suffer from pneumonia (whichever type), but she now also may have an MRSA infection.

Albert has visited her again today, and her Spanish relatives are supposed to be in Belgium. (in this article, they even say the Spanish relatives have visited her already)

That doesn't sound good...:ermm:

Last edited:
It is sad to learn that there are no positive changes in Queen Fabiola's health.

According to the radio news, the Queen does not only suffer from pneumonia (whichever type), but she now also may have an MRSA infection.

Albert has visited her again today, and her Spanish relatives are supposed to be in Belgium. (in this article, they even say the Spanish relatives have visited her already)

That doesn't sound good...:ermm:

That really is sad news indeed LadyLeana.MRSA is hard to combat with usually
healthy & fit people,in this case it is even more difficult as HM is so weak already.
Very sad.Poor Fabiola.

I'm praying and hoping.

This very Sad would she get a State Funeral if she passed I Pray she makes it though.

im very sad to heard suche news about the queen health...:ermm:

I'm praying and hoping for a speed recovery

My God...what is MRSA?!

Until I have heard that the queen has been anointed and taken the Sacrament I will hold out hope.
I can't believe it, this has happened so quickly.

Fabiola is my favorite Royal, and she and Baudouin were my all time favorite Royal couple.

Yes, what is that? I've never heard of it before.

I am so sorry to hear all of this. Her Majesty is a remarkable woman.

According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (in the United States) MRSA stands for Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus. This type of bacteria causes “staph” infections that are resistant to treatment with usual antibiotics. Here is a link to more information from the CDC: MRSA in Healthcare Settings | CDC Infection Control in Healthcare.

There are several types for MRSA, I'm going to guess that she has the type that people who are in the hospital can typically contract.

If I recall from previous research on the subject, MRSA can be treated with super-antibiotics, not your normal ones that you get for strep throat or pneumonia.

I certainly hope that she does not have MRSA as it can complicate her recovery. My thoughts go out to all of her family.

Oh, MRSA is terrible- I know from personal experience. I contracted it after getting an infected bug bite, and I had to go on antibiotics and wash down everything in my house, almost.

It is especially common in gyms and hospitals.

MRSA can be very dangerous, especially for someone who is already fighting pneumonia. I really hope that she isn't suffering, and that she is strong enough to fight this infection.

I pray for her, but at her age it is extremely difficult for the body to fight

Oh, no so suddenly another bad news. I hope Q.Fabiola will be fine.

If her relatives come from Spain to visit her it must be bad news

If she was my sister I would also visit, so it doesn't have to be that bad news. (Apart from what is official that is.) She might just want to be there for her sister.

Josette

This is all very tragic if she recives the Holy Sacraments will the Palace allow that information to be made public.

This is all very tragic if she recives the Holy Sacraments will the Palace allow that information to be made public.

Maybe she already has...in the Catholic Church you don't necessarily have to be dying to receive the Last Rietes, sometimes they are given if you are gravely ill as a form of prayer for recovery.

Her Majesty has come close to death at least once before, in the summer of 1966 when she needed life saving surgery after a late term miscarriage. She was young and strong back then and she recovered.

She is no longer young, but I am praying that she still has some fight left in her and the will to live on.

On rtl news, the palace says that the health of the Queen Fabiola is a little better. I pray for Her. Queen Fabiola and her Husband King Baudoin are my favorile royals for so many years (1960). Since their weedding, I read all about on them. I was 12 years old and now I am 60 years old and they are stll my favorite

That's a good news. I'm hoping and praying.

On rtl news, the palace says that the health of the Queen Fabiola is a little better. I pray for Her. Queen Fabiola and her Husband King Baudoin are my favorile royals for so many years (1960). Since their weedding, I read all about on them. I was 12 years old and now I am 60 years old and they are stll my favorite
thanks for the good news , i m happy to heard a good news about the queen's health ; we pray for her :)

I pray for her, but at her age it is extremely difficult for the body to fight
-------------------------------

Yes. A Staph infection is difficult even for a younger person to fight.

This is wonderful news! I pray that she continues to improve.:flowers:

Unfortunately, infections are all too common in hospitals now days and the Queen could have contracted it after her hospitalization for her surgery. I will continue to pray for her.:angel:

MRSA. The disease is very very dangerous and if Queen Fabiola has it, then I pray for her.
I hope she gets better, she would be a great loss to the world.
x

I pray and hope she will continue to get better. What a life she has led so far...and she has many good years, hopefully, ahead of her...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom