Queen Fabiola and the late King Baudouin: News and Pictures Part 2

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even though she is not feeling well, it is wonderful that she was able to attend the mass. This woman continues to amaze me with her inner strength. I hope that she gets the rest that she needs, and that we continue to see her at royal events.

I am glad Queen Fabiola was able to attend the mass; however it was really sad to see her in a wheelchair, so fragile and tired. I do hope Her Majesty will get better soon.

Yes, I noticed she looked very weak and tired. Nothing like on the National Day. Maybe she took up too much of her strength then. I hope she will enjoy het time in Villa Astrida, and rest, and regain her strengths.

Queen Fabiola will not participate in the activities of the Belgian royal family. The Palace has announced that she is very tired, and therefore needs to rest. they formally deny she is ill.

See here for article in Dutch.

I do hope Queen Fabiola gets better: she's one extraordinary woman!
Get well, Your Majesty! :)

I think it's okay that Fabiola doesn't appear in the public in the nearer future. She is very old, and had lived a life with a lot of work. Sometimes a person needs to say goodbye to the working life.

I wish her all the best.

P.S: Has anyone a video with the apple story at the Nationalday?

Ladyleana, I heard she does not appear for weeks. So I think we won't see her on November 15th, the King's day.
I wonder how she will be , I think sadly in a wealchair. What do you think ?? kind regards.

Well, she is rather old, I think it's only normal she starts to appear less and less in public, and that she is tired more often.
I hope we won't see her in a wheelchair again, maria-olivia! That was such a shock this summer! But I guess we have to prepare ourselves for that...

While I am sorry to learn this it should not come as a surprise. HM is in her 80s and nearly died from pneumonia last spring. Although she is officially "healthy" I'm sure her struggle to survive took a great deal of strength from her, strength that she cannot get back. :sad:

According to the Flemish press, the queen is resting in Villa Astrida in Spain.

I guess this is a good thing, surely the weather in Spain is milder then in Belgium; and I guess this is a good news also because if she can travel from Belgium to Spain her conditions have to be quite good...

Courtesy of Belga.:flowers:

This is a photo gallery of Queen Fabiola from different years and times.:)

BelgaPicture - Category details

In almost three years of reading about this couple I have not seen ONE photo of them together where they appear tired, or cross, or bored with one another. Even the closest couples must occasionally have an "off" day where they are out of sync.

But apparently not with these two...even toward the end of their life together their love and appreciation for one another seemed to be as fresh as on their wedding day.

It's a beautiful and remarkable thing to see.

HM Queen Fabiola was declared dead again.By newspaper "De Morgen" had that "news"on their website this morning.

Scandulous!

It happened before.This time it was along the line of:

"Sixteen years after the sudden death of her husband Baudouin HM passed away aged 81.
She had a frail health in recent years,and the strains of a pneumonia proved fatal."

In last january it was VRT tv and the "Gazet van Antwerpen` that woke up the nation with the same news.

HM is enjoying a rest under the sun in her residence in Motril,Spain at present.

Yes, Lucien, you're perfectly right, it's scandalous.
I wonder who has published this news and, most of all, why...

:previous: I should imagine they have a notice ready in the event of her death, and somebody simply clicked "make available" by accident. I'm sure they also have one ready for a possible abdication of Albert II or something like that. (Just for the record, there are no sources saying he's going to do that, it's just an example)

It's plain ridiculous, actually.

Yes, newspapers always have those so-and-so dies sorts of articles ready for prominent people, especially elderly ones. I can understand how it accidentally got published last winter when she was so sick. But a second time? You'd think newspapers would be extra careful now.

That's simply awful to delcare someone dead when they are not.....

HM Queen Fabiola has a great sense of humour and probably laughs this type of thing off.

But it is terrible, callous to announce someone's death without confirming it FIRST.

Especially since this was done earlier in the year when the queen was very ill.

Shame on these people.:sad:

Since the murder treats for Queen Fabiola seem to go on and on, we have moved it to a seperate thread, which you can find here.

One of the rare chances to see Queen Fabiola - wonderful to see
her again! She looks good and seems in good health.

Queen Fabiola pictured as she attends the theatre performance
'Les Uns chez les Autres', at the Cultural Center of Uccle, 21
April 2010. The performance was held on the occasion of the
40th anniversay of the organisation "Les Compagnons Dépanneurs
asbl - C-Dienst vzw".

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** belga **

It's a long time she doesn't appear in public, since last Christmas I think; I'm very glad to see her, she lookd indeed very good. This period of rest must have been a panacea for her!
Thanks for posting these pics Iceflower!

You're most welcome, MAfan!

The last time we've seen her had been in February during the mass
in memory of former members of the royal family at the Notre Dame
de Laeken church in Brussels!

Some additions to the pics from Wednesday:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

You're right, I had forgotten of the Mass! :hiding:

She looks really wonderful and fully recovered from her serious illness! A great set of pictures stephanievl!!!!:flowers::flowers:

Great pictures, stephanievl, thanks for posting your finding!

Yesterday, May 5, Queen Fabiola attended another event together
with Princess Margaretha of Luxembourg. They attended a ballet
performance by the dance company Maria Pages at the Centre for
Fine Arts in Brussels. The show was organized by the Association
Women of Europe on the occasion of the Spanish presidency of
the European Union.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

Was there a birthday celebration for Queen Fabiola ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom