Queen Fabiola and the late King Baudouin: News and Pictures Part 2

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks redferns, great covers! I especially like the one with Fabiola wearing a mantilla.

Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands, Belgium's Queen Fabiola, Luxembourg's Grand Duke Henri and Grand Duchess Maria Teresa attend celebrations marking the 50th anniversary of the founding Treaty of Rome at the Bozar concert hall in Brussels March 24, 2007

Yahoo! News Photo
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

Last edited:
Queen Fabiola is beauiful dress and speak with Queen Beatrix. Queen Fabiola is elegant dress and grand lady!!!

I saw the concert on television, Queen Fabiola nodding her head on the tunes of 'Alle Menschen wirden Freunde'. It was good to see her, Queen Beatrix must have enjoyed her company.

Second royal baptism for the Leopold I

flctylu said:
Queen Fabiola names the newest edition to the Belgium Navy, "Leopold I".
At a ceremony at Zeebrugge Naval Base in West Flanders on [early Thursday morning].
flandersnews.be - "I name this ship Leopold I"

The Royal Netherlands Navy is modernizing part of the fleet and has sold 6 of the M-frigates. They will be replaced by 'stealth' LCF-frigates (Air Defence and Commando Frigate) which are able to fire Tomahawk cruise missiles.

The Leopold I already has undergone another royal baptism by Queen Beatrix, back in 1991. The Belgians, the Chileans and the Portuguese have bought 6 'old' Netherlands M-frigates:

Hr. Ms. Karel Doorman (1992) is now the Leopold I (Belgium); Hr. Ms. Willem van der Zaan (1992) will be delivered in 2008 (Belgium); Hr. Ms. Tjerk Hiddes (1993) is now the Almirante Riveros (Chile); Hr. Ms. Abraham van der Hulst (1994) is now the Almirante Blanco Encalada (Chile); Hr. Ms. Van Nes (1995) will be delivered in 2008 (Portugal) and Hr. Ms. Van Galen (1995) will be delivered in 2008 (Portugal).

In the meantime the Royal Netherlands Navy already has replaced these by four hypermodern LCM-frigates Hr. Ms. De Zeven Provinciën (2003), Hr. Ms. Tromp (2004), Hr. Ms. De Ruyter (2005) and Hr. Ms. Evertsen (2005).

Queen Fabiola returns to her residence of summer of Motril (Granada)

Queen Fabiola of Belgium is in visit deprived in Motril (Granada), where she rests in “Villa Astrida”, she calls to account where she used to spend the summer with his husband, the deceased king Balduino, and to whom she did not return from April of 2005.

La reina Fabiola regresa a su residencia de verano de Motril (Granada)

Just read a Humo interview with Princess Marie-Christine. She compared the relationship bretween her mother and her halfsister-in-law as a sort of ' Dalles' , two very headstrong women. On the question if Fabiola contributed negatively on the relationship that MC has with her family she shortly replied ' Yes' .

well, didn't she recently get her inheretance from Princess Lilian? That should keep her out of financial troubles for a while I hope.

:wub: Badouin is my favorite king the same that king Olav and Harald V. I read that when he visited my country (México) in 1965, with the queen, they visited Teotihuacan, here is a historic place azteca, and a journalist ask him "what do you think about this place?" and the king answered the same, he wanted to know about Teotihuacan. The journalist didnt know and all the journalist and the king smiled. The king is, now, of course, a person that I respect. I think that he is a example for much of our. I dont belive the rumors that say that he was loved of the second wife of his father. I belive that it is'nt true. I wait that the king will be beatificated. I am sorry for my bad English.

Last edited:
Queen Fabiola of Belgium (L) shares a smile with Count Jean-Pierre de Launoit, chairman of administration council of Queen Elisabeth (of Belgium) International Music Competition and Princess of Chimay-Caramance (R), 01 June 2007 in Brussels. Count Jean-Pierre de Launoit offered a lunch to Queen Fabiola and jury's members of the competition

ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

Last edited:
The lady on the painting behind Fabiola is the first Queen of the Belgians, Queen Louise Marie, born Princess of France (Orleans).

Thank you for your interesting insights, Marengo. I didn't know that this painting would represent the first Queen of Belgium.

I visited belgium some years ago, and I just loved this beatiful country. I wish I could return there some day of my life.

Vanesa.

The lady on the painting behind Fabiola is the first Queen of the Belgians, Queen Louise Marie, born Princess of France (Orleans).

Marengo, I am an American and I have recently "discovered" and become enchanted by the love story and reign of his late Majesty Baudouin I and his wonderful consort Queen Fabiola.

My question is, was there ever any pressure from either the Government or the people of Belgium on the King to put aside his wife and have his marriaged annulled, due to her inability to produce an heir? Or did the people of Belgium always remain as devoted and loyal to the Queen as they seem to be today?

Thanks in advance to all the posters who have contributed these beautiful photos and stories!

I don´t think he was ever pushed to do as the Sjah of Persia. I have read that Fabiola did offer to get their marriage annuled, for the sake of the dynasty but Baudouin of course didn´t agree to that. I think that the Belgians were always devoted to Fabiola, and maybe her tragedy of not having kids even made people sympathise more.

I don´t think he was ever pushed to do as the Sjah of Persia. I have read that Fabiola did offer to get their marriage annuled, for the sake of the dynasty but Baudouin of course didn´t agree to that. I think that the Belgians were always devoted to Fabiola, and maybe her tragedy of not having kids even made people sympathise more.

Oh, how sad for them. They would have been wonderful parents, I am sure.

I can't find any books about them here in the U.S. Any suggestions? I can read French, but not Dutch.

Queen Fabiola of Belgium pictured during the National homage ceremony of Labour and Workers, 24 November 2007 in Brussels

ANP Beeldbank

Queen Fabiola is pretty aunt and smile!!!! Queen Fabiola is perceft smile on royals photo!

Gallery from IPA Press

IPApress

Paty-

Thank you for the pictures. I always love to see my favorite Queen out and about and looking so well.

Her Majesty always wears that heart shaped medal with the image of her much loved late husband inside....how beautiful.

I wonder who gave it to her?

Motril honrará la memoria del Rey Balduino. Ideal

Motril will honor the memory of the King Balduino

The Motril's Town hall presented yesterday in Fitur First Festival of Sacred Music, inside the commemorative acts of the XV anniversary of the death of the King Balduino of Belgium, that took place in Motril on July 31, 1993 in his residence Villa Astrida.

The mayor of Motril, Carlos Rojas, announced that there has been requested to the respective Royal Houses the presence of the queens of Spain and Belgium in the act of closing of the activities, which will take place on July 31 with the celebration of the concert ' Mass of Coronation ' of Mozart interpreted by the from Granada soprano Sandra Pastrana.

I was wondering, is there any controversy about the amount of money that Fabiola receives in the Belgian press? Point de Vue run an article about it, even placing Fabiola on the cover (apart from Carla Bruni of course).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom