Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Belgium

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-01-2013, 03:52 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breffney View Post
Lovely footage, An Ard Ri. !
Yes indeed it was,I recall seeing other footage of the King and Queen in Ireland during their state visit,I'll see what else I can find.

Old 12-03-2013, 11:27 AM
Gentry

Had to share this wonderful photo
http://i693.photobucket.com/albums/v...ps8d1b9a00.jpg

Old 12-03-2013, 11:30 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by episcogal View Post
WOW. ! Two of my favourite ladies. Such a great picture. Any idea what the occasion was, episcogal. ?
Old 12-03-2013, 01:41 PM
Gentry

Well, there are tons of pictures of Baudouin/Boudewijn & Fabiola with Juan Carlos & Sofia and their family. They vacationed together many many many times for years. So, it's probably taken in Spain during a vacation. The problem is most of the pictures of all of them are watermarked and not easily seen.
Old 12-03-2013, 02:23 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
That's a wonderful photo of Fabiola and Sofia in happier times.
Old 12-03-2013, 02:29 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Well, there are tons of pictures of Baudouin/Boudewijn & Fabiola with Juan Carlos & Sofia and their family. They vacationed together many many many times for years. So, it's probably taken in Spain during a vacation. The problem is most of the pictures of all of them are watermarked and not easily seen.
Thanks, episcogal. Yes, I can understand the difficulty in pinpointing the occasion. I was drawn to the scarf / rope belt worn around the waist by the two ladies and thought that they might have been significant. ?? A sports event or something like that. ? Or they may have no significance at all.
Old 12-03-2013, 02:31 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breffney View Post
Thanks, episcogal. Yes, I can understand the difficulty in pinpointing the occasion. I was drawn to the scarf / rope belt worn around the waist by the two ladies and thought that they might have been significant. ?? A sports event or something like that. ? Or they may have no significance at all.
Might have been during the summer holidays on Palma de Mallorca,the Spanish RF often had invited guests,maybe the Belgian King and Queen joined them?
Old 12-03-2013, 03:02 PM
Gentry

Here's an example of their annual holidays

Boot Koning Boudewijn krijgt opfrisbeurt | VTM
Old 12-05-2013, 12:14 AM
Gentry

Your daily Baudouin/Fabiola post:

Quote:
7/11/66 - Brussels, Belgium: A sad-looking King Baudouin of Belgium, wearing the uniform of a Lieutenant General of the Belgian Army, raises his hand to his eye as he stands 7/11 in the reception room of the Palace here. The King was welcoming guests to a gala dinner he gave in honor of visiting Tunisian President Habib Bourguiba. The Palace disclosed 7/11 that the King's wife, Queen Fabiola, suffered 7/10 her third miscarriage in the coupe's six years of marriage. They are, as yet, childless. UPI Cable photo
http://s693.photobucket.com/user/lel...67915.jpg.html
Old 12-05-2013, 09:12 AM
Gentry

Article from an American paper of the same date:

Queen Has Miscarriage:
Brussels (UPI) Queen Fabiola suffered a miscarriage Sunday and underwent surgery, the Royal Palace announced Monday. She was four months pregnant. King Baudouin, 35, had announced “with joy” only three days ago that his 38 year old wife was expecting a baby in December. Belgians were overjoyed by the news because they had almost given up hope of a child for the Royal couple. The Queen had already suffered two miscarriages. Their hopes were ended Monday by the palace communique made as King Baudouin was welcoming Tunisian President Habib Bourguiba to Belgium in cool, rainy weather on a three day official visit. “The Queen is in no danger,” a court spokesman said. The surgery was carried out in an unnamed Brussels clinic with “extreme urgency” due to a hemorrhage. King Baudouin and Fabiola, a Spaniard, were married on December 15, 1960. The heir to the throne is Baudouin’s brother, Prince Albert, 29.
Old 12-05-2013, 09:50 AM
Royal Highness

I remember of this sad photo, Queen Fabiola suffered a dramatic mescarriage and was very the death because she had a big hemorrhage . it was very sad because the king was so happy to announce himself only two days before the future birth of a child they have waited for so long times. Queen Fabiola said she had five miscarriages. I recall she had a micarriage in 1961, then a miscarriage in 1962, in 1963, in 1966 I don't know when she had the other miscarriage. Each times, the palace said that Fabiola was pregnant before the three months of pregnancy because the medias spoke about a pregnancy and some days after palace announced a miscarriage. I was very desappointed and sad for them because I loved a lot this couple;
Thankyou Episcopal for all the photos and videos you posted. i was and I am yet an admirator of the couple. I began to love them after their wedding at 12 years old and now I am always happy to see photos of Baudoin and Fabiola and I am always happy to have news of Queen fabiola who will stay my prefered Queen.
Old 12-05-2013, 01:52 PM
Gentry

Thank you very much, melina premiere. It is my pleasure to bring news of these two exceptional people.
Old 12-05-2013, 08:54 PM
Gentry

For today's Baudouin and Fabiola post: Queen Fabiola goes to an animation company and visits with children outside. She speaks Dutch in this segment.

Queen Fabiola the Willy Vandersteen Studio - YouTube
Old 12-05-2013, 09:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by melina premiere View Post
I remember of this sad photo, Queen Fabiola suffered a dramatic mescarriage and was very the death because she had a big hemorrhage . it was very sad because the king was so happy to announce himself only two days before the future birth of a child they have waited for so long times. Queen Fabiola said she had five miscarriages. I recall she had a micarriage in 1961, then a miscarriage in 1962, in 1963, in 1966 I don't know when she had the other miscarriage. Each times, the palace said that Fabiola was pregnant before the three months of pregnancy because the medias spoke about a pregnancy and some days after palace announced a miscarriage. I was very desappointed and sad for them because I loved a lot this couple;
Thankyou Episcopal for all the photos and videos you posted. i was and I am yet an admirator of the couple. I began to love them after their wedding at 12 years old and now I am always happy to see photos of Baudoin and Fabiola and I am always happy to have news of Queen fabiola who will stay my prefered Queen.

According to her biographer, Fabiola suffered her final miscarriage in February 1968.
Old 12-08-2013, 08:42 AM
Gentry

In 1976 at his silver jubilee, King Baudouin strictly enforced a no gift policy and chose to create the King Baudouin Foundation, which helps people still today that are poor, undereducated, having environmental concerns or a victim of human trafficking.

And for his jubilee, he had a family dinner (see link)

This is another reason why we love and respect this man so much.

http://i693.photobucket.com/albums/v...ps46142706.jpg
Old 12-08-2013, 03:59 PM
Heir Apparent

Baudouin and Fabiola built themselves a modest cabin in the park near Laeken where they could live like and average man an woman. They didn't bring staff or servants. Fabiola did all the cooking and Baudouin did the cleaning up. When they had visitors the queen would sometimes pack a picnic lunch for everyone to take into the woods and hike.

Their nephew Prince Dimitri of Yugoslavia thought it an odd way for the King and Queen of the Belgians to live, but they were reportedly very happy there.
Old 12-08-2013, 05:24 PM
Gentry

That's beautiful, Moonmaiden23! I shared that with my husband.
Old 12-09-2013, 07:57 PM
Gentry

I have got a TREAT for you today.

The link below will take you to my Google document location where you can see a Spanish comic book of the story of Fabiola/Baudouin. I am working on getting the English translation.

Enjoy!

Claro de Luna: Nº 77 Fabiola
Old 12-12-2013, 01:24 AM
Gentry

One of the most poignant moments surrounding the funeral of Baudouin was when his body was transferred from Laeken to the palace at Brussels, the cortege stopped at the Colonne du Congrès, repose le Soldat inconnu (monument of the unknown soldier). The royal family listens as the Brabant is played. When the queen is getting back into the vehicle, someone shouted, “Courage Madame la Reine!” And, she did display deep courage and strength during all the events of the funeral and oath of Albert II.

Courage Madame la Reine!
Old 12-13-2013, 09:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Here's an example of their annual holidays

Boot Koning Boudewijn krijgt opfrisbeurt | VTM
"

This photo was taken on their boat, the "Avila". Baudouin's nickname for his wife during their secret courtship was Avila, after St. Teresa of Avila.

Queen Fabiola sold the "Avila" after her husband died.

Tags
baudouin, fabiola de mora y aragon, king baudouin, queen fabiola