The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-12-2018, 01:14 AM
Courtier

Princess Louise attended last year too.
I really hope tonight we'll see the Queen with both Elisabeth and Gabriel, since they didn't go to any other session till now.

Old 05-12-2018, 03:21 PM
Imperial Majesty

Marchesina you are right!

Queen Mathilde, Elisabeth and Gabriel tonight! at the last session of the finals of the Queen Elisabeth Competition for Voice

Belga Image

Old 05-12-2018, 03:49 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
Marchesina you are right!

Queen Mathilde, Elisabeth and Gabriel tonight! at the last session of the finals of the Queen Elisabeth Competition for Voice

Belga Image
Yes! I knew it!!!

Omg Elisabeth looks gorgeous!!!
Old 05-12-2018, 03:53 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marchesina View Post
Yes! I knew it!!!

Omg Elisabeth looks gorgeous!!!
I don't like her pants and her hair is messy as always. Gabriel looks smart though.
Old 05-12-2018, 03:57 PM
Administrator

Here are two more galleries of today's final:

** gettyimages gallery ** fb gallery **
Old 05-12-2018, 05:53 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Lovely to see Elisabeth at tonight's competition, she grows up each time we see photos of her! She's going to be beautiful when she's older, that's for sure.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 05-13-2018, 10:41 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
I don't like her pants and her hair is messy as always. Gabriel looks smart though.
Elisabeth's hair doesn't *always* look messy. Most of the times it is really groomed nicely and even now it looks better than some other royals' 'do when they have loose hair.

I do agree about the pants, too busy. Gabriël is a real stunner but then in my eyes he always was.
Old 05-13-2018, 10:43 AM
Heir Apparent

Prince Gabriel was not happy at all to be there !
Old 05-13-2018, 10:49 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
Prince Gabriel was not happy at all to be there !
He is a teenage boy. Would you blame him ?

We know Queen Mathilde appreciates music and wants all of her children to have a music education as she herself had, but kids don't always share their parents' interests. Maybe Gabriel is just into other things instead.
Old 05-13-2018, 11:06 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
He is a teenage boy. Would you blame him ?

We know Queen Mathilde appreciates music and wants all of her children to have a music education as she herself had, but kids don't always share their parents' interests. Maybe Gabriel is just into other things instead.
Sure, but I think by now he has understood well enough that it's a duty of the Royal Family to pay homage to such an renowned competition. On his defense, I have to say that yesterday the choices of the singers were not exactly audience friendly, only an aria from The Barber of Seville, but others were really "heavy" pieces, even for opera lovers (like myself).
Old 05-13-2018, 12:01 PM
Heir Apparent

He certainly missed something he liked and he was tired.
No to much duties for a teenager Prince !
Old 05-13-2018, 01:02 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
Elisabeth's hair doesn't *always* look messy. Most of the times it is really groomed nicely and even now it looks better than some other royals' 'do when they have loose hair.

I do agree about the pants, too busy. Gabriël is a real stunner but then in my eyes he always was.

I cannot see any "mess" about the Princesses´ hair...!

Gabriel indeed is very pretty, but always dressed as if he was 50, though not yet 15.
Old 05-13-2018, 02:15 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
He certainly missed something he liked and he was tired.
No to much duties for a teenager Prince !
I can count his "engagements" per year on a single hand. For a 15 yo, I think it is alright if you skip a night watching tv or playing videogames. He certainly looked tired, but it is also true that the soirée ended at around midnight. I saw Elisabeth yawning at some point even if you could tell she was interested in the competition. Maybe they're not used (and with a mum like Mathilde I suspect this is the case) to stay up till very late. But once a year I think it is not a tragedy. We all experienced at some point in our childhood/teenage-hood that family duty we had never wanted to attend yet we had to. But we've all survived.
Old 05-13-2018, 09:03 PM
Royal Highness

Do the King and Queen bring their younger children to as many official engagements as Princess Elisabeth? It appears so to me, which is interesting as only Elisabeth is intended to be a full-time royal.
Old 05-14-2018, 06:35 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana Maria View Post
Do the King and Queen bring their younger children to as many official engagements as Princess Elisabeth? It appears so to me, which is interesting as only Elisabeth is intended to be a full-time royal.
I believe this is a slightly OT question for the thread but anyway...I think they try to balance their presence fairly, but Elisabeth has started much earlier than her siblings, plus what she does is slightly different. She has already given a few, although short, speeches, attended war commemorations and inaugurations. Whereas her brothers and sister only went to visit museums, exhibitions but nothing too formal (except Gabriel who went to commemoration for the late Queen Astrid in Switzerland).
Old 05-14-2018, 06:47 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana Maria View Post
Philippe’s siblings are full-time royals. As for Elisabeth’s siblings, I believe it has been decided that they won’t get state funding like their aunt/uncle, but I am pretty sure they will be expected to take part in some official royal engagements ( and be reimbursed for that as CP Victoria’s siblings in Sweden).
Old 05-14-2018, 09:02 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
I can count his "engagements" per year on a single hand. For a 15 yo, I think it is alright if you skip a night watching tv or playing videogames. He certainly looked tired, but it is also true that the soirée ended at around midnight. I saw Elisabeth yawning at some point even if you could tell she was interested in the competition. Maybe they're not used (and with a mum like Mathilde I suspect this is the case) to stay up till very late. But once a year I think it is not a tragedy. We all experienced at some point in our childhood/teenage-hood that family duty we had never wanted to attend yet we had to. But we've all survived.
Gabriel already looked tired upon arrival, at 20:00. My guess is he had a very late night the night before... A party? Just think back to when you were 14,15,16... I certainly know I didn't go to bed as early as I do now

Elisabeth has a genuine interest in classical music, that's for sure. Gabriel looked like he'd rather have been anywhere else haha. Also waving at the crowd when they gave his mom a standing ovation took away a lot of his credibility among his friends I think
Old 05-14-2018, 09:11 AM
Heir Apparent

Hanelore, Were you also happy to see Prince Laurent and its stannding Ovation, Princess Claire with lovely Princess Louise.?
Old 05-14-2018, 09:25 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannelore View Post
Gabriel already looked tired upon arrival, at 20:00. My guess is he had a very late night the night before... A party? Just think back to when you were 14,15,16... I certainly know I didn't go to bed as early as I do now

Elisabeth has a genuine interest in classical music, that's for sure. Gabriel looked like he'd rather have been anywhere else haha. Also waving at the crowd when they gave his mom a standing ovation took away a lot of his credibility among his friends I think
Or maybe he did some sport in the afternoon and was really tired in the evening. I laughed at his embarrassed face when Mathilde had to stand up after Arie van Lyseeth, president of the jury, made a tribute to her contribution. He was like..."omg what now?!"
Old 05-14-2018, 09:33 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Or maybe he did some sport in the afternoon and was really tired in the evening. I laughed at his embarrassed face when Mathilde had to stand up after Arie van Lyseeth, president of the jury, made a tribute to her contribution. He was like..."omg what now?!"
Is there any video of that moment ? It would be nice to share it in the forum.

Tags
belgian royal family, music, music competition, queen elisabeth, queen elisabeth music competition