Queen Elisabeth Music Competition, 2008-2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What a nice reception for the Jury team. This is always a nice event to follow.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure Mathilde listened to the winner today. Too bad Lukáš Vondráček wasn't the first to play this evening as Gabriel was sent home during the break and missed this brilliant performance.

I love that the kids have got a chance to attend. This now makes three out of four, Elisabeth hasn't attended unless I missed her. I hope we will see her as well before it finishes. Great event to bring the kids to, get them more out there at events, without too much pressure.

I am happy to see Elisabeth, she was the only one not seen yet :flowers:

I have said it before, but love they bring the kids. I know Elisabeth at least has gone to the ballet as well (she dances ballet or she did). It would be one of my favorite parts if I was royal, attending all the arts events. I think most of my patronages would be arts or animals, as much as possible.

Reactions: eya
Here's a few more from PPE,lovely to see the Queen ,Duchess of Brabant and Princess Margaretha of Liechtenstein all together at the final.

PPE Agency

Thank you, eya!

This has been a great month with many lovely pics of Mathilde, her family and special guests!

** Pic ** fb gallery **

And this year Queen Elisabeth Competition - Cello 2017 from 8 May-13 June!

"Her Majesty the Queen will attend:

- during the sessions of the first round (in Flagey in Brussels) on Monday, May 8, Thursday, May 11th and Friday, May 12th 2017,

- during the sessions of the semifinal (in Flagey in Brussels) on Monday, May 15th, Tuesday, May 16 and Saturday, May 20th, 2017, followed by the announcement of the finalists,

- during the sessions of the final (in the Center for Fine Arts in Brussels) on Monday, May 29th (with His Majesty the King), Wednesday, May 31, Thursday, June 1 and Saturday, June 3, 2017, followed by the announcement of the winners .

On Tuesday, May 30th, 2017 offer Their Majesties the King and Queen at a lunch for the members of the Jury of the contest. The lunch will take place at the Royal Palace in Brussels.

HRH Princess Astrid and Prince Lorenz attend a session of the final at on Tuesday, May 30th, 2017 at the Palace of Fine Arts in Brussels.

Their Royal Highnesses Prins Laurent and Princess Claire attend a session of the final at on Friday, June 2nd, 2017 at the Palace of Fine Arts in Brussels.

On Tuesday, June 6th, 2017 the Queen handing the prizes to the winners of the Queen Elisabeth Music Chapel in Argenteuil.

On Tuesday, June 13th, 2017 Queen attends the laureate concert at the Palace of Fine Arts in Brussels.

On Thursday, June 15th, 2017 live the King and Queen at the final concert at the Palace of Fine Arts in Brussels."

https://www.monarchie.be/nl/agenda/koningin-elisabethwedstrijd-cello-2017

Queen Mathilde and lovely Princess Eléonore attended the second session yesterday, May 11:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** fb gallery **

Last edited:

Queen Mathilde attended another qualifying session yesterday, May 12, here's a short video of her arrival:

** canvastv **

The second session of the semifinals today, May 16, was attended by Queen Mathilde and Prince Emmanuel - so nice to see! :)

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** gettyimages gallery **

I wonder why Queen Mathilde's sons are always wearing those red pants. Is it an European fashion thing ? I couldn't imagine kids in North America wearing that.

Emmanuel could also get a more contemporary hairstyle IMHO.

Last edited by a moderator:

The last semi final session of the Queen Elisabeth Piano Competition 2017 took place yesterday, May 20:

** belga gallery **

Duchess of Gloucester is attending on 31st May.

How nice. Why is that? A British contestant perhaps? The Duchess and her husband were also present when Queen Elisabeth II received the Belgian king and queen during their introduction visit.

We were used to see different Members of the Royal Family during the Queen Elisabeth Music Competition. Queen Fabiola was often seen with her Luxembourg Nieces or others. Queen Paola invited her Children , the King came also.
Now this week it is the Final , I doubt if we will see Princess Astrid or her Chlldren, Prince Laurent ? Princess Léa ??? King Albert II ????
But they invited the Duchess of Gloucester nobody knows here in Belgium.
On that same day we will see for the first time Queen Poala and her daughter Princess Astrid in the Greenhouses of Laeken.

Now this week it is the Final , I doubt if we will see Princess Astrid or her Chlldren, Prince Laurent ?

Princess Astrid and Prince Lorenz will attend a final session this evening, Prince Laurent and Princess Claire are sheduled to attend a final on June 2.

Today, May 30, the lunch for the jury members hosted by King Philippe and Queen Mathilde took place:

** Pic ** fb gallery ** belga gallery ** gettyimages gallery **

** dailymail: The Queen of green: Mathilde of Belgian looks stylish in jade as she and husband King Philippe welcome competition judges..**

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom