Queen Elisabeth Music Competition, 2008-2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have come to admire and adore this couple (King Albert and Queen Paola) more every day. I'm so glad that they did not cave in years ago when things weren't going so well. They look so content and relaxed with each other, and I can definately see that they truely care for one another. On another note, Maria-Laura is growing into a beautiful young woman, the spitting image of her mother (actually I think Maria-Laura is more attractive at this age then her mother was). Astrid is still a stunning woman as well, IMO she gets better with age!

They're all so good looking especially Amedeo !!!!!!:wub:

maria laura looks so pretty...n her brother..amadeo gets more irresistable by the minute....gosh he's a real life adonis...

I wonder, is this still part of the Queen Elisabeth Concours? I thought that ended last week at the concert that was attended by Queen Fabiola.

Nice to see that princess Astrid is bringing her too eldest children, though I might be too much of a cynic to presume that the recent revelations of the former nanny might have triggered this...

i was thinking along the same lines too....maybe she wanted to show some kind of united family front....it suits the timing too....amadeo usually is never seen much in the press

Astrid's children are just blossoming...Amadeo is a young god! It's amazing to me that he does not get as much publicity in Europe as certain other young Princes...he is so much hotter than William and Harry. But he is also much more low key perhaps.

Astrid's children are just blossoming...Amadeo is a young god! It's amazing to me that he does not get as much publicity in Europe as certain other young Princes...he is so much hotter than William and Harry. But he is also much more low key perhaps.
i completey agree with you....if he weren't smart(he went to LSE that must mean his IQ is abnormaly high as royalty goes) he'd still get a job as a model or maybe as an italian actor.....the world deserves to know this god....

his sister maria luare looks more like here mother ever time i see her. she is very beautiful.

i completey agree with you....if he weren't smart(he went to LSE that must mean his IQ is abnormaly high as royalty goes) he'd still get a job as a model or maybe as an italian actor.....the world deserves to know this god....

You don't need a high IQ to get into LSE.. They have reserved seats for such people. Lets hope Amedeo didnt get through in that way..

Last edited:
Pics 26.5.2009

Wonderful joyful pics from today :):

Queen Fabiola, Princess Claire, Princess Mathilde, Princess Astrid and
Prince Laurent during a lunch with members of the royal family and the
jury members of the Queen Elisabeth Competition - Violin 2009, at the
royal palace in Brussels, Tuesday 26 May 2009.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **
** belga gallery **

A few more with less watermarks:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

And the gallery from zimbio:

Queen Elisabeth International Music Competition of Belgium

Last edited:
It appears that Crown Princess Mathilde and Princess Claire enjoyed the chance to lively converse with each other. I am glad to see Queen Fabiola attending the lunch.

That article is pretty big news, I would say. Suddenly at age 80, Fabiola finds herself a mother! Huh?! :ohmy:
"The 80-year-old matriarch, clad in a lilac and pink ensemble, joined her daughter Princess Astrid and her daughters-in-law Princess Mathilda and Princess Clare at the Queen Elisabeth Music Competition..." - (quote from the article linked above)

Someone should introduce the writer to Queen Paola.

Obviously the "News in Pix" editor should have run this by his or her counterpart in the "Royalty & Statesmen" section. I might not be shocked to see an error like this from another publication, but I am surprised to see such a glaring mistake from Hello! given their regular coverage of Royalty.

Pics 28.5.2009

Princess Claire of Belgium and Princess Mathilde of Belgium pictured
as they attend the Queen Elisabeth International Music Competition
Violin 2009, Thursday 28 May 2009, in Brussels.

Great to see them together at an event again!

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** belga **

Thanks for the photos!
Crown Princess Mathilde and Princess Claire seems to be friendly in a warm way. They happily chatted during the lunch on the 26th of May as well as their interaction during the engagement on the 28th of May has not got any formal stiffness. Relationships between Princess Astrid and Crown Princess Mathilde appear to be polite in a formal way, I would say.

Normally the King and the Queen should be there to. Perhaps they are in Italy for the Queen's brother in law - Baron Ricasoli - funerals ?

The funeral had been some days ago...I think on 25 may...

I'm sorry, it was on 19 may, in Florence; the same day when the entire Royal Family except Prince Laurent attended a lunch, maybe connected to the Queen Elisabeth Music Competition, if I remember correctly.

There must have been a legitimate reason for King Albert and Queen Paola not attending the event. Princesses did a good job standing in for their in-laws.

They enjoyed a mighty good concert, I might add!

Though I am sure that Princess Astrid and Prince Lorenz had a better program, with Lorenzo Gatto and Noah Bendix-Balgley, last Tuesday.

You musn't forget that the Queen Elisabeth Contest is a very long marathon of concerts. The finals take a week, with two musicians every night. They also last until midnight or well past that. I think it would be unrealistic to expect the same members of the royal family to attend every day. I'm sure the King and Queen will appear at one time.

When was this picture taken Stephanie? Was she there tonight, or was it an earlier concert?

Queen Fabiola is attending the final concert of the Queen Elisabeth Contest tonight (May 30). She looks really good! I'll see if I find some pics, I saw her on tv just now.

It is great to see Queen Fabiola again! She looks really great, especially considering how sick she had been a few months ago. I like seeing Princess Claire and CP Mathilde together. They seem to have a close friendship.

Pics 30.5.2009

Stephanievl, thanks a lot for the lovely pic of Mathilde and Elisabeth! :flowers:

Queen Fabiola is attending the final concert of the Queen Elisabeth Contest tonight (May 30). She looks really good! I'll see if I find some pics, I saw her on tv just now.

Here are some pics, Princess Marie-Astrid of Luxembourg attended as well
(see pic 4)!

Queen Fabiola of Belgium attends the Queen Elisabeth International Music
Competition Violin 2009, Saturday 30 May 2009, at the Centre of Fine
Arts Bozar in Brussels.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** belga **

Queen Elisabeth Music competition is a great opportunity to listen to and enjoy masterpieces of classical music. Young musicians can showcase their skills and meet members of the Belgian Royal family. It is nice to see photos of Crown Princess Mathilde and Princess Elisabeth, who has started her royal training.

Back
Top Bottom