Queen Elisabeth Music Competition, 2008-2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Last edited by a moderator:
Shorter than the other years because the artists may have other appointments.

Love seeing this event every year :flowers:

I also like Mathilde brings her kids with her to certain events of it. Good exposure while still something they should enjoy. I believe they all play music.

Love seeing this event every year :flowers:

I also like Mathilde brings her kids with her to certain events of it. Good exposure while still something they should enjoy. I believe they all play music.
Elisabeth and Gabriel play the piano, and Eleonore plays violin. Not sure what musical instrument Emmanuel plays.

It was a free day and Gabriel had to go to an official Event. He was not that happy!
I wonder if we will see the other Royals . King Albert II (heart operation ?)

It was Emmanuel, not Gabriel (but I sm sure yours was just a mistake). Anyway I don't find him sad at all, just a young boy who understand where he is and how to behave. Surely we'll see other members of the family attending, as usual, during the final sessions.

Queen Mathilde and lovely Princess Eléonore attended the semi-finals today, May 4:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** fb gallery **

Last edited:
The President of the Jury said before : Madame /Mevrouw now Votre Majesté;
He has sincere thanks for what the Queen is doing for the Queen Elisabeth Competition.
The 12 finalist are known and between them two belgian Ladies. Bravo !

The President of the Jury said before : Madame /Mevrouw now Votre Majesté;

Didn't Queen Mathilde say publicly that she preferred to be addressed as Majesté rather than Madame ?

I watched the competition yesterday during the proclamation of the finalists and he called Mathilde "Majesty/Majesté". Same for the hostess of the evening.

Yes at the Louvre Lens Museum in France. It was because Queen Fabiola was still alive and we had 3 Queens.

At the Museum Louvre Lens on September 13th 2013 , The journalists asked have we to say Majesté and she answered Yes. No footage found.

This Evening a lovely surprise : Prince Laurent, Princess Claire and Princesss Louise. it was a start for Louise who looks shy but so charming. Princess Claire was better dressed than Queen Mathilde yesterday. When they left the Prince applaude very sincerely.

Princess Louise attended last year too.
I really hope tonight we'll see the Queen with both Elisabeth and Gabriel, since they didn't go to any other session till now.

Marchesina you are right!

Queen Mathilde, Elisabeth and Gabriel tonight! at the last session of the finals of the Queen Elisabeth Competition for Voice

Belga Image

Yes! I knew it!!!

Omg Elisabeth looks gorgeous!!!

Lovely to see Elisabeth at tonight's competition, she grows up each time we see photos of her! She's going to be beautiful when she's older, that's for sure.

I don't like her pants and her hair is messy as always. Gabriel looks smart though.

Elisabeth's hair doesn't *always* look messy. Most of the times it is really groomed nicely and even now it looks better than some other royals' 'do when they have loose hair.

I do agree about the pants, too busy. Gabriël is a real stunner but then in my eyes he always was.

Prince Gabriel was not happy at all to be there !

He is a teenage boy. Would you blame him ?

We know Queen Mathilde appreciates music and wants all of her children to have a music education as she herself had, but kids don't always share their parents' interests. Maybe Gabriel is just into other things instead.

He is a teenage boy. Would you blame him ?

We know Queen Mathilde appreciates music and wants all of her children to have a music education as she herself had, but kids don't always share their parents' interests. Maybe Gabriel is just into other things instead.

Sure, but I think by now he has understood well enough that it's a duty of the Royal Family to pay homage to such an renowned competition. On his defense, I have to say that yesterday the choices of the singers were not exactly audience friendly, only an aria from The Barber of Seville, but others were really "heavy" pieces, even for opera lovers (like myself).

He certainly missed something he liked and he was tired.
No to much duties for a teenager Prince !

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom