Princess Lea and the Late Prince Alexandre of Belgium

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We saw her a few times when Prince Alexandre was alive , now she is everywhere. We have also our Princess Pushy !

Please fill me in on who these two are :) thanks!

On October 5 Princess Léa attended a commemoration for the heroines and victims of war at the monument of the Pigeon Soldier in Brussels.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Princess Léa and Belgian Foreign Minister Didier Reynders attended the ceremony in which Circus Director Alexandre Bouglione received the Officer of the Order of the Crown's medals in Brussels yesterday, December 17.

** Pic **

Lea has been pretty active lately, wonder if it is also because Philippe requested it? I think he's going to work with as many adult members of the family as possible to fill the agenda (I see Amedeo and Lili putting a bit of weight as well).

It's amazing and wonderful that Queen Astrid is still memorialized in Belgium 80 years after her tragic death. I remember when King Baudouin was still living, Queen Fabiola said in an interview that "Mama Astrid is a big part of our lives" or something similar.

She must have been quite a woman!

When you die young under tragic circumstances you will forever have a very special place in peoples hearts. Besides she was very much loved while she was alive.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, she was the mother of King Albert II, she was the mother of the late spouse of Grand-Duke Jean of Luxembourg, she was first spouse to the father of Princess Marie-Christine and Princess Marie-Esméralda. So despite the 80 years which have passed it is still "living history" for these four living royals, so to speak.

And let's not forget her numerous nephews and nieces in Norway, Denmark and Sweden (or wherever Madeleine Kogevinas lives)

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Queen Astrid died on August 29th . They will be a Celebration at Küssnacht .
King Philippe will be there.

Her Son Son King Albert Ii will be there and also the Grand Ducals of Luxembourg.

Perhaps Princess Astrid of Norway and Madeleine Bernadotte her nieces.

Queen Astrid died on August 29th . They will be a Celebration at Küssnacht .
King Philippe will be there.

Her Son Son King Albert Ii will be there and also the Grand Ducals of Luxembourg.

Perhaps Princess Astrid of Norway and Madeleine Bernadotte her nieces.

The attendance of the GD couple is confirmed? Would be great if Philippe and Henri would commemorate their grand mother together.

On November 2 Princess Léa handed out the award of the competition "The Crown Jewels of the Belgian Cuisine" in Brussels:

** Pic **

You mean the links don't work for you, maria-olivia? For me they still do, maybe you can try to refresh the pages or try again later.

Like in November Princess Léa helped serving meals to homeless people in Brussels again. The pics were taken on January 25.
I hope she also takes the time to listen, as a talk can be as important as a hot meal...

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 **

On January 28 Princess Léa visited the studio of Belgian conceptual artist Arne Quinze in Sint-Martens Latem. I remember she had been present when his wooden installation "The Passenger" had been unveiled in connection with the Mons 2015 European Capital of Culture.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

Princess Léa was present at the opening of Mireille Darc's photo exhibition at the Gallery ArtCurial in Brussels last week:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

On Saturday evening, February 20, Princess Léa as Honorary Chairperson of the event attended the 'La Nuit Des Neiges' Charity Gala in Crans-Montana, Switzerland.

** gettyimages gallery **

The man she gives a kiss is Alain Zenner, a barrister and a former senator from Belgium.

noblesse & royautes mentions that the princess will be charing the 3rd edition of a Literary award that the princess created in the memory of her late husband Prince Alexandre. The themeof this year will be 'le livre de jeunesse' (youth books). The winner will have to be Belgian and needs to write orillustarte books for childreen between 3 and 8 years old.

http://www.noblesseetroyautes.com/?p=113186

The 10th gala of the Prince and Princess Alexandre of Belgium Fonds took place at the City Hall in Brussels on March 5.

Princess Léa is pictured with Princess Maria Gabriella of Savoy and behind them seems to be Alain Zenner again:

** Pic **

The Gala took place in the Town Hall of Brussels , where dances at preparing hot meals are Forbidden.
The colour was orange , everybody wore a touch of Orange, Léa were the whole colour.
The price of the gala was 200 euros, for the Princess Charities and there was a waiting list.
Lea of Belgium was sitting between our Minister De Crem and Prince Leka of Abania.

Back
Top Bottom