Princess Lea and the Late Prince Alexandre of Belgium

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Does anybody know the address of Princess Lea? I wrote a letter of sympathy to her through the Royal Palace when Prince Alexander died but it wasn't forwarded- the letter stated they couldn't forward but that the King appreciated my kind words. I would love to extend to her my support.

Thanks!

On the occasion of the commemoration of Prince Alexandre's death (November
29, 2009) an exhibition dedicated to him has been opened. Princess Léa and
Princess Marie-Esméralda (Prince Alexandre's sister) attended the opening in
Waterloo on November 29, 2010.

I find pic 1 very touching, as Prince Alexandre's seems to look out of the portrait..

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

Thanks iceflower! I can't believe it has already been one year ago when the prince died!
Both ladies seem very likable btw. Princess Esmeralda is the spoitting image of her mother!

That is a bit harsh, isn't it? She does seem to like to be in society often enough. Bit still, almost all the events she attend are either related to good causes or to her husbands family.

I find pic 1 very touching, as Prince Alexandre's seems to look out of the portrait..

On pic 3, Pss Marie Esmeralda looks so much like her late beatiful mother...

More pictures over the opening of the exhibition
Exposition consacrée à la jeunesse du Prince Alexandre de Belgique au Musée Wellington. | Waterloo

Princess Lea attended the Association A.V.E.C. 2011 Gala Dinner at the
Chateau de Versailles on January 31, 2011 in Versailles, France.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** gettyimages **

Prince Alexandre did not like to go our on glittering evenings; now that she is a widow she attends ALL charity Associations where she is royal guest. Her white evening dress is not that royal. The Bourbon Parme Princesses , princesses by birth , were there also but dressed in black.
She never attends family events of the High Court such as the Grand Duke of Luxembourg's 90th birthday. If she was dressed like this on a royal event what a disaster!

Princess Lea (and Princess Claire) attended the first fashion show from the
programme "Diplomacy through fashion" at the residency of the Ambassador
of the United States to Belgium, Brussels, March 31, 2011.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** belga **

Prince Alexander

In the 1960's I met Prince Alexander in Houston,Texas. He came to visit my aunt. She was a pediatric surgeon who had performed surgery either on Alexander or some other member of the family. I cannot remember and my aunt is no longer living. Would anyone have any information regarding this information.

Prince Alexandre had undergone heart surgery in 1957 in the USA, because he was suffering of a cardiac congenital defect (or something similar); he had to undergo surgery in the USA because in Belgium at the time nobody was able to operate them.
The surgery was eventually successfull, and this lead Alexandre's mother to found the "Fondation cardiologique Princesse Lilian" the following year, in order to make possible for Belgian people suffering of cardiac malformations to have them operated in Belgium.

Princess Lea posing in her garden and her Brussels residence, near the Soignes forest, July 21, 2011.

On November 29th, the second anniversary of the Prince Alexandre's death, Princess Lea will host a
premiere of a documentary on his life. And in 2012, she will create a literary award named Prix Prince
Alexandre de Belgique.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 **

:previous:

What do you mean by that, maria-olivia? That she should have posed for one photo only,
or that I should have posted one only?!

No No ice flower not you, but she should have posed for one photo only.
Thanks for your work and kind regards

Okay, I see! Thank you for your quick reply on that, maria-olivia :flowers:

Princess Lea attended the inauguration of the new "Museum of Letters and Manuscripts"
in Brussels on September 22, 2011.

Princess Lea attended the official opening of the oncologic revalidation center 'Koninklijke Villa' in
Oostende, today, 01 October 2011. Princess Astrid was present as well.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** gallery **

Princess Lea is these days in Bucharest for the Jubilee of HM King Mihai I of Romania.

:previous:

Here she is:

Princess Lea during the 90th birthday dinner gala of King Michael I of Romania at CEC Bank in Bukarest, Romania, October 25, 2011.

** Pic **

It seems to me that the late prince Alexandre resembled his mother very much. Where does princess lea live, and what does she live on?

Back
Top Bottom