The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #21  
Old 07-19-2013, 07:11 AM
dazzling's Avatar
Moderator Emeritus
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: -, France
Posts: 22,980
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLV View Post
I find it interesting to see the differences between the Belgian and Dutch abdication-events.
The Belgian K&Q seem to hold a large goodbye-tour, which p. Beatrix didn't do. Instead W-A&M held a 'hello-tour'. I have not seen any plans of F&M doing something like that. Have I missed or are they planning something different/or nothing at all?
You didn't miss anything, Queen Margaret is not abdicating nor announced she has plans, therefore Frederik & Mary have nothing planned.

I guess each royal house do things differently and have their own agenda how they handle, celebrate certain events.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 07-19-2013, 07:13 AM
muriel's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London / Guildford, United Kingdom
Posts: 8,830
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
You didn't miss anything, Queen Margaret is not abdicating nor announced she has plans, therefore Frederik & Mary have nothing planned.

I guess each royal house do things differently and have their own agenda how they handle, celebrate certain events.
I think SLV may have been referring to Philippe and Mathilde
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 07-19-2013, 07:27 AM
SLV's Avatar
SLV SLV is offline
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 1,241
Lol, yes I was indeed talking about Filip&Mathilde.
:-)
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 07-19-2013, 08:23 AM
Lina RdC's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: *, Germany
Posts: 789
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
Here you can see other picture galleries without watermarks from Their Majesties' visit to Liège: 8000 personnes pour les adieux liégeois d'Albert II : re... (1) - Lavenir.net; http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/BOOgr...t+Liege/browse viz. http://www3.daylife.com/search?q=Liege+July+19+2013; http://www.nieuwsblad.be/article/det...30720_00665152
http://www.picturedesk.com/bild-disp...5-2568b227750a; http://www.hollandse-hoogte.nl/searc...os=25#15467480 (http://www.hollandse-hoogte.nl/search.pp keywords: 20 ans règne Liège)
__________________
http://www.avaaz.org/en/
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 07-19-2013, 09:32 AM
Marchesina's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: a town near the Adriatic coast, Italy
Posts: 785
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLV View Post
I find it interesting to see the differences between the Belgian and Dutch abdication-events.
The Belgian K&Q seem to hold a large goodbye-tour, which p. Beatrix didn't do. Instead W-A&M held a 'hello-tour'. I have not seen any plans of F&M doing something like that. Have I missed or are they planning something different/or nothing at all?
It all happened really quickly and so who knows...probably they will replace King Albert and Queen Paola in all the visits already scheduled or, since it's more likely that they will go on vacation in August they will start a welcoming tour in September.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 07-19-2013, 09:38 AM
Bine221's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Munich, Germany
Posts: 1,558
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marchesina View Post
It all happened really quickly and so who knows...probably they will replace King Albert and Queen Paola in all the visits already scheduled or, since it's more likely that they will go on vacation in August they will start a welcoming tour in September.
Hihi, getting crowned and then going to Holidays ..... not the most ideal Timing, but - at least to us - it was really "short notice", the abdication.

And YES, I know, they will not be "crowned" in the original sense (which is a pity, really).
BYe Bine
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 07-19-2013, 09:42 AM
dazzling's Avatar
Moderator Emeritus
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: -, France
Posts: 22,980
Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
I think SLV may have been referring to Philippe and Mathilde
Oops! So sorry, my misunderstanding
I would assume that the King & Queen will do their farewells now and the new King & Queens will do a tour later on in the year.

Pictures of today from GettyImages.com
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 07-19-2013, 11:01 AM
cdm's Avatar
cdm cdm is online now
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: België, Belgique, Belgium
Posts: 1,817
The palace published a new book about Filip with some new private photos: video

VTM made a parody on the videoclip from Formidable by Stromae : article and video
They have a sketch show with parodies on Filip and Mathilde (there's a seperate thread about it in their thread)

A gallery about building the throne in the parliament.

Mr Flahaut, president of the chamber, says he has a response ready should anyone shout 'vive la république'
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 07-19-2013, 11:12 AM
Marengo's Avatar
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Posts: 20,861
I have read some where in the Dutch press (don't ask me where) that the new king and ueen will also do a welcome tour trough Belgium and to other heads of state.

The 'blijde intrede' is a (re-invented) tradition from the times of the medieval dukes of Brabant btw.

--
According to the Belgian news there were 1000s op people in Liege., Nice that they finished their tour in this city, since they were both prince and princess of Liege for the largest part of their lives.
__________________
TRF Rules and FAQ
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 07-19-2013, 12:12 PM
Marchesina's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: a town near the Adriatic coast, Italy
Posts: 785
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdm View Post
The palace published a new book about Filip with some new private photos: video

VTM made a parody on the videoclip from Formidable by Stromae : article and video
They have a sketch show with parodies on Filip and Mathilde (there's a seperate thread about it in their thread)

A gallery about building the throne in the parliament.

Mr Flahaut, president of the chamber, says he has a response ready should anyone shout 'vive la république'
they definitely need to prepared if anyone tries to ruin the day to the new king. In the pictures you can see 7 chairs/thrones, I hope that two of them are of course for their majesties, King Albert and Queen Paola, one for the newest Queen Mathilde and the other 4 for the little princes
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 07-20-2013, 08:55 AM
iceflower's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: , Germany
Posts: 50,785
.

The pics of Albert and Paola arm in arm on the balcony in Liege, touched Paola kissing Albert, have been the best and most moving pics so far!



** parismatch gallery: Le dernier bain de foule d'Albert II **


** La emoción de Alberto y Paola de Bélgica en su último acto oficial como Reyes ** translation **
__________________
**** Welcome aboard! ****
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 07-20-2013, 10:40 AM
Marchesina's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: a town near the Adriatic coast, Italy
Posts: 785
the children of philippe and mathilde appeared on the balcony of the Royal Palace early this afternoon to watch all the arrangements taking place in front of the palace. they surprised everyone with this

Apparition surprise des enfants de Philippe et Mathilde au balcon du Palais (vidéo) - RTL info
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 07-20-2013, 12:19 PM
stephanievl's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: n/a, Belgium
Posts: 3,162
Mathilde giving het childern the last instructions, rehersal at the balcony.
Pic - Clip

Preparations
Clip
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 07-20-2013, 12:19 PM
Stefan's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Esslingen, Germany
Posts: 4,679
King Albert II. had held his annual sppech for the National Day which is also his farewell speech as King.
__________________
Stefan



Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 07-20-2013, 12:34 PM
Moonmaiden23's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 9,026
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
Oops! So sorry, my misunderstanding
I would assume that the King & Queen will do their farewells now and the new King & Queens will do a tour later on in the year.

Pictures of today from GettyImages.com
I agree. When Albert came to the throne after the sudden death of King Baudouin he and Paola waited for the end of the official mourning period, then they embarked on the "Joyeuses Entrees" of the kingdom's nine provinces. I remember seeing the photos in all the royalty mags.

I think that in due time Philippe and Mathilde will do the same thing.
__________________
"Be who God intended you to be, and you will set the world on fire" St. Catherine of Siena

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 07-20-2013, 01:13 PM
Moonmaiden23's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 9,026
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marchesina View Post
the children of philippe and mathilde appeared on the balcony of the Royal Palace early this afternoon to watch all the arrangements taking place in front of the palace. they surprised everyone with this

Apparition surprise des enfants de Philippe et Mathilde au balcon du Palais (vidéo) - RTL info
They are growing up so quickly! Especially Elisabeth, who I think is turning into a little beauty. And all of the Brabant kids are going to be tall, like their parents.
__________________
"Be who God intended you to be, and you will set the world on fire" St. Catherine of Siena

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 07-20-2013, 03:05 PM
An Ard Ri's Avatar
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: An Iarmhí, Ireland
Posts: 24,078
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
They are growing up so quickly! Especially Elisabeth, who I think is turning into a little beauty. And all of the Brabant kids are going to be tall, like their parents.
They sure are and what a lovely royal family the Belgians have.
__________________

8th of October 1515 ; Birth of The Lady Margaret Douglas, Countess of Lennox
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 07-20-2013, 04:47 PM
Marchesina's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: a town near the Adriatic coast, Italy
Posts: 785
Prince Philippe payed tribute to his father King Albert during the concert with a speech and offering him a performance by "La Framboise Frivole"

La famille royale acclamée au Bozar, la "Framboise Frivole" en surprise du chef - 7SUR7.be
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 07-20-2013, 06:16 PM
stephanievl's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: n/a, Belgium
Posts: 3,162
Lovely pics of this evening.
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Popular Tags
archie mountbatten-windsor aristocracy armenia bavaria;house;chef;luitpold;ludwig belgian belgian royal family bracelets castles charles of wales countess of wessex crown crown prince hussein's future wife current events cyprus danish royalty denmark duchess of sussex duke & duchess of cambridge; duke of cambridge duke of sussex dutch royal family felipe vi foundation french royalty friendly city future future wife of prince hussein general news germany greece house of bourbon house of saxe-coburg and gotha kiko king salman lady louise mountbatten-windsor lithuanian castles meghan markle memoir monaco christening monaco history monarchism monogram mountbatten netflix nobel 2019 official visit palaces prince harry prince of wales prince peter princess benedikte princess margaret princess royal rania of jordan royal children royal tour russian imperial family saudi arabia savoy saxony south africa spain spanish history state visit state visit to denmark sweden swedish royal family swedish royalty trump valois


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:45 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2019
Jelsoft Enterprises
×