Parodies and Cartoons of the Belgian RF

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marengo

Administrator
Site Team
City
São Paulo
Country
Brazil
In 2009 VTM has been broadcasting 'Wij van België' . A docu-soap about prince Filip and princess Mathilde. Here an episode where they take prince Gabriel to a soccer club in Brugge:

YouTube - Wij van Belgie: Prins Gabriel gaat voetballen

Basically it is all around the accent and lack of understanding of Dutch of the prince and princess. And about prince Filip trying to be funny and spontanious while he is not... and the princess playing the adoring wife into perfection.

Last edited:
Filip and Mathilde in 'Belgium's got Talent':

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhorBEsw8xA

Filip: My name is Filip of Belgium and I have a dream: I dream of a beautiful country () but sadly my papa doesn't want to quit.
Mathilde: a wooden man, a plastic prince are very hurtful cliches. I tell everybody with criticism: he is spontanious, from blood and flesh...
Filip: they say: Filip, he can not do it. But I never got a chance (..) but is there nobody who sees...
Mathilde: his great talent and his presence. (...) Most dreams will seldom come true, but deep in my body I dream, that your throne will be ready.
Together you aren't dreaming. With you living is really beautiful ('werkelijk prachtig', one of the prince remarks which sound terribly uneasy in Dutch). The throne is going nowhere.
Filip: even when I wait until 2080.

Lots of word jokes again. And some old quotes, like 'Belgium is a multifasceted diamond', something the prince said in many speeches and caused criticism in the press (as he was supposed to repeat the same speech each and every time he went on a trade mission).

Last edited:
Press conference announcing the docu-soap:

YouTube - Persconferentie Filip van België

Both of them are all the time emphasizing how spontanious the prince is and what a good sense of humor he has. The couple is portrayed as completely out of touch with reality (and with the Dutch language).

:previous:Marengo, do you know anything about parodies, cartoons or caricatures of the Belgian royal family in French? Otherwise, one could nearly suspect the Dutch speaking Belgians to be more bold than their Walloon compatriots...;)
However, during King Albert's and Queen Paola's visit to Maldegem in March 2011, Marc De Roo (the mayor's brother who is an artist) actually presented the king with a caricature of the latter -whereas Queen Paola enjoyed her mosaic portrait (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...t-3-aug-2010-current-28333-4.html#post1217413). According to "Royals hors série Mai/Juin 2011", King Albert amused himself but his wife remarked that the drawing of her husband appeared too chubby -rather resembling Jean-Luc Dehaene.

A cartoon from Kroll on the negotiations to elect a new government: 1
:D

Who knew there were such things of parodies of a royal family other than the British!

This is a cartoon about the King's anticipated return from vacation, because of the political crisis: KROLL1509
:D

This is too much but its funny :D

Parodie

:lol::lol::lol: this is sooo funny...even more since I understand French and Italian is my mother tongue. Believe me this is the most classical comedy situation in our families.... they portray Paola more as a "desperate housewife" than a queen...but still I find it hilarious.

and congrats to the one who plays Paola for his almost perfect Italian (I suppose that's man)

Instead I've watched few times on YT the parody of Philippe and Mathilde but I don't find it funny at all. even if I noticed the actor have similar voices (especially the actress, she resembles a lot P.Mathilde)

Last edited:
"Albertino la pasta e' pronta"! ahahah. Yes, that was a good one...
("Albertino, the pasta is ready!").

Back
Top Bottom