Luxembourg State Visit to Belgium: March 20-22, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mathilde16

Gentry
City
moerkapelle
Country
Netherlands
King Albert, queen Paola, prince Phillipe, princess Mathilde, princess Astrid, prince Lorenz, prince Laurent and princess Claire...

From 20 march - 22 march: Henri and Maria Theresa visit Belgium for a 3 days visit!

Post here all news and photo's!

this is going to be intresting, lots of pictures.itll be good to see Maria Theresa, havent seen her in a while.im looking forward to this visit

Yes, a state visit. I'm also looking forward to this. The Belgium RF really needs something big like this.

And it is also a Family visit. King Albert II is the uncle of HRH The Grand-Duke.

Will the children (if not Lorenz & Astrid's, then Elisabeth, Gabriel, Emmanuel, Lousie and the twins) be going?

morhange said:
Will the children (if not Lorenz & Astrid's, then Elisabeth, Gabriel, Emmanuel, Lousie and the twins) be going?

I doubt it, as children under the age of 18 rarely attend State Visits (or official acts/visits). But in the years to come, I'm sure we will see Elisabeth and the other children at many a State Visit :)

I'm going to close up this thread until the date of the State Visit is nearer.
Thank you..

This thread has now been re opened.

While posting, please remember to follow the TRF posting guidelines and the copyright rules TRF Posting Rules & Guidelines :

• Do not forget to provide sources for all photos & articles
  • Please do not linked the photos directly. Hotlinking is strictly prohibited.
  • Please be respectful to others' opinions even if you're disagree, and always be courteous to your follow members.
  • Lastly, have fun and enjoy!

What is the purpose of this (or any) state visit? Anyone know?

Does anyone know which Belgian Royal Members will be attending this event? :flowers:

After a quick look on the calendar of the website of the Belgian monarchy, I found this :

20/03/2007
Le Roi, La Reine, La Reine Fabiola, Le Prince Philippe, La Princesse Mathilde, La Princesse Astrid, Le Prince Lorenz, Le Prince Laurent, La Princesse Claire
Visite d'Etat de Leurs Altesses Royales le Grand-Duc et la Grande-Duchesse de Luxembourg.
(Jusqu'au 22 mars)

yea!!!! goods news!!!! I hope many fhotos people!!!... luck!!!

leanne said:
There is a program of the visit in French on the Gouvernement du Grand-Duché de Luxembourg - Informations et actualités website.
It would be great if someone could translate it into English.

Complete translations are not allowed on this board, another rule which I have learned a few days ago. So I will not give you the background information and only the program points as a summary:

Tuesday 20 March 2007
Around noon, King Albert II and Queen Paola will receive Grand-Duke Henri and Grand-Duchess Maria Teresa at the Place des Palais in Brussels.
There will be military honours and the Luxembourgian delegation will be presented.

The Grand-Duke and Grand-Duchess will then head for the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier for an act of homage.

After returning on the Royal Palace, there will be a private lunch with the King, the Queen, Queen Fabiola, the Duke and Duchess of Brabant and also Princess Astrid and Prince Lorenz.

In the afternoon the Grand-Duke will have a meeting with Prime Minister Guy Verhofstadt, also on the Royal Palace.

After this the grand-ducal couple, accompanied by the Belgian royal couple, will be welcomed on the Grand-Place by the Mayor and Aldermen of Brussels, for the traditional meeting with the city's authorities.

The Grand-Duke will then go to the Maison du Grand-Duché de Luxembourg which is build in the Quartier Européen, for an informal meeting with the Luxembourgian community in Belgium.

In the evening at the Château de Laeken a dîner de gala will be the closure of the first day of this visit. The diner is offered by the King and Queen.

Wednesday 21 March 2007
The Grand-Duke and Grand-Duchess, in attendance of the Belgian royal couple, will visit the city of Bruges in Flanders. They will be welcomed by the Governor of the Province and by the Mayor and Aldermen of Bruges.

After a brief passage at Bruges' City Hall, the Grand-Duke and the King will visit the Port of Zeebrugge, the world's largest port for the transportation of new cars and one of Europe's major terminals for natural gaz.

The Grand-Duchess and the Queen will visit the School for Lace in Bruges and attend an informative meeting. They will also visit the Lace Musuem, adjacent to the school, which was created by the Sisters Apostolines in 1717 .

The Grand-Duchess and the Queen will also visit the exposition Albrecht Dürer – graphiste génial de la Renaissance at Arents House and La beauté et la folie at the Church of Our Lady in Bruges.

In the evening the Grand-Duke and Grand-Duchess will host a reception in honour of the King and Queen. The reception will be held at the Musée des Beaux-Arts in Brussels.

Thursday 22 March 2007
The Grand-Duke and Grand-Duchess, in attendance of the Belgian royal couple, will visit the city of Namur. They will be welcomed by the Governor of the Province and by the Mayor and Aldermen of Namur during a reception at the Théâtre Royal.

The grand-ducal couple and their Belgian hosts will then visit the Université Notre-Dame de la Paix de Namur.

The last stage of the State Visit will be held in the Province of Liège, in Eupen, the centre of the German-speaking community in Belgium (nine municipalities with German as native language).

The Grand-Duke and Grand-Duchess will say farewell during a short ceremony and head for Luxembourg again.

Prince Laurent and Princess Claire

Will they be included in the visit? Also what duties does Princess Claire have?

SASSY said:
Will they be included in the visit? Also what duties does Princess Claire have?

Most likely Prince Laurent and Princess Claire will attend the Dîner de Gala given at the Château de Laeken. And most likely they will also be invited for the Concert in the Musée des Beaux Arts in Brussels.

The Grand Duke is a nephew to the King (son of the King's late sister Grand Duchess Joséphine-Charlotte).
The Grand-Duke therefore also is a cousin to Prince Philippe, Princess Astrid and Prince Laurent.

Prince Laurent and Princess Claire hardly have any public appearances. They are low in the 'pecking order' and that becomes clear in the public representation as well. They come after the royal couple, after Queen Fabiola, after the Duke and Duchess of Brabant and after Princess Astrid and Prince Lorenz.

Why would Princess Claire And Prince Laurent come after Lorenz and Astrid? As Laurent is a son of a reigning monarch, he should by rights "outrank" his sister, and she should come after him in any official function. Or am I totally wrong?

Empress said:
Why would Princess Claire And Prince Laurent come after Lorenz and Astrid? As Laurent is a son of a reigning monarch, he should by rights "outrank" his sister, and she should come after him in any official function. Or am I totally wrong?

I assume it comes by age after the heir, doesnt it ?

Empress said:
Perhaps, since Belgium has equal succession rights for men and women, precedence is determined by age.

Prince Laurent is very low in preseance

kwanfan said:
Perhaps, since Belgium has equal succession rights for men and women, precedence is determined by age.

Correct.

The precedence is as follows:

The King
The Queen
Queen Fabiola
The Duke of Brabant (1)
The Duchess of Brabant
Princess Elisabeth (2)
Prince Gabriel (3)
Prince Emmanuel (4)
Princess Astrid (5)
Prince Lorenz
Prince Amedeo (6)
Princess Maria Laura (7)
Prince Joachim (8)
Princess Luisa Maria (9)
Prince Laurent (10)
Princess Claire
Prince Nicolas (11)
Prince Aymeric (12)

Henri M. said:
Correct.

The precedence is as follows:

The King
The Queen
Queen Fabiola
The Duke of Brabant (1)
The Duchess of Brabant
Princess Elisabeth (2)
Prince Gabriel (3)
Prince Emmanuel (4)
Princess Astrid (5)
Prince Lorenz
Prince Amedeo (6)
Princess Maria Laura (7)
Prince Joachim (8)
Princess Luisa Maria (9)
Prince Laurent (10)
Princess Claire
Prince Nicolas (11)
Prince Aymeric (12)

You're missing Princess Louise in the list!!:flowers: The precedence is:

The King
The Queen
Queen Fabiola
The Duke of Brabant (1)
The Duchess of Brabant
Princess Elisabeth (2)
Prince Gabriel (3)
Prince Emmanuel (4)
Princess Astrid (5)
Prince Lorenz
Prince Amedeo (6)
Princess Maria Laura (7)
Prince Joachim (8)
Princess Luisa Maria (9)
Prince Laurent (10)
Princess Claire
Princess Louise (11)
Prince Nicolas (12)
Prince Aymeric (13)

Good heavens, with all those babies plopping like popcorn I can no longer keep track with them...

You're right. Princess Louise comes after her mum and before her twin brothers. It will be unlikely she will attend royal events when her cousin Elisabeth is Queen, anyway.

Henri M. said:
Good heavens, with all those babies plopping like popcorn I can no longer keep track with them...

You're right. Princess Louise comes after her mum and before her twin brothers. It will be unlikely she will attend royal events when her cousin Elisabeth is Queen, anyway.

LOL Henri M. with his plopping babies again! :ROFLMAO:

Hah! Well that does get a bit confusing I guess.

kez_1982 said:
You're missing Princess Louise in the list!!:flowers: The precedence is:

The King
The Queen
Queen Fabiola
The Duke of Brabant (1)
The Duchess of Brabant
Princess Elisabeth (2)
Prince Gabriel (3)
Prince Emmanuel (4)
Princess Astrid (5)
Prince Lorenz
Prince Amedeo (6)
Princess Maria Laura (7)
Prince Joachim (8)
Princess Luisa Maria (9)
Prince Laurent (10)
Princess Claire
Princess Louise (11)
Prince Nicolas (12)
Prince Aymeric (13)

Sorry, it is still incomplete as the youngest daugther of Astrid and Lorenz was forgotten, Laetitia Maria..:)That would make Laurent number 11..

Henri M.]Complete translations are not allowed on this board, another rule which I have learned a few days ago. So I will not give you the background information and only the program points as a summary:

Thank you Henri for your program points in English. My high school French wasn't much good!

State visit Luxemburg to Belgium

I hope we see beautiful dresses and tiara's on this evening?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom