Luxembourg State Visit to Belgium: March 20-22, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Diademes for sure

anneke said:
I hope we see beautiful dresses and tiara's on this evening?

The only surprise will come from the Grand Duchess: what will she wear?

My prediction:

The Queen: the Diademe of the Nine Provinces

The Grand Duchess: the Grand Duchess Elisaveta Michailovna Diademe

Queen Fabiola: no diademe

The Duchess of Brabant: her wedding-gift diademe (diamond laurel-leafs)

Archduchess Astrid of Habsburg-Este: her Savoia-Aosta heirloom diademe

Princess Claire: her small diademe

Pictures from the arrvival ceremony
Grand Duchess Maria Teresa, Grand Duke Henri, Belgium's King Albert II and Queen Paola - picture
More pictures (reuters via yahoo news)

Maria-Teresa looks wonderful today

I find strange that Big Duke du Luxambourg is acceuillis pa King and the Queen and not by Philippe and Mathilde. Deplus on the site of the Monarchy this visit was got rid of by the Diaries of all safe Royal Member(Limb) of the Family of those of King and the Queen

alexandresylvie said:
I find strange that Big Duke du Luxambourg is acceuillis pa King and the Queen and not by Philippe and Mathilde. Deplus on the site of the Monarchy this visit was got rid of by the Diaries of all safe Royal Member(Limb) of the Family of those of King and the Queen

The grand-ducal couple will have déjeuner with the King & Queen, with Queen Fabiola, with Prince Philippe & Princess Mathilde and with Princess Astrid & Prince Lorenz.

You can clearly see that the Dutch Court uses more protocol (hats, etc.) then their Benelux colleagues. When the Queen visited Brussels, also Queen Paola and Princess Mathilde wore hats.

Well, I am not so sure that I would call that protocol, but perhaps more a personal choice by the Dutch Royals to hold to the older, more traditional way of doing things... of which I certainly approve (as if they needed the approval), and applaud! I like tradition!

Henri M. said:
The grand-ducal couple will have déjeuner with the King & Queen, with Queen Fabiola, with Prince Philippe & Princess Mathilde and with Princess Astrid & Prince Lorenz.

You can clearly see that the Dutch Court uses more protocol (hats, etc.) then their Benelux colleagues. When the Queen visited Brussels, also Queen Paola and Princess Mathilde wore hats.

I think the belgian roya ladies wore hat when Queen Margrethe II. and Prince Henrik paid an State Visit to Blegium a few years ago. Don't know if the wore hats at the State Visits from Norway and Sweden in 2001 and 2003.

beautiful photos of the visit. i loved maria teresa's outfit and the embroidery of her coat :) she also seems to have a different hair-style now.

i love benelux visits and benelux royals. there have been quite a few visits lately between the three countries and they never dissappoint. they know how to combine protocol with informality and with beautiful tiaras and dresses (not to mention how adorable the benelux ladies are - from fabiola, to the grand duchess, mathilde, maxima, astrid... full of grace and elegance).

i can't wait for pictures of this evening :)

Empress said:
Well, I am not so sure that I would call that protocol, but perhaps more a personal choice by the Dutch Royals to hold to the older, more traditional way of doing things... of which I certainly approve (as if they needed the approval), and applaud! I like tradition!

I agree with you Empress, tradition is always great. I like all the formal things such as the hats etc. I tend to miss it sometimes
Queen Paola looks great, her suit color does suite her very well, Maria-Teresa's hair looks great.

a few pictures attend a ceremony at the Congress Column in Brussels, Tuesday 20 March 2007
Picture 1
Picture 2
picture 3

isifa gallery

Last edited:
Thank you all for providing these lovely pictures. I really like Maria-Teresa's new hair style and her outfit is very lovely. Of course, Paola looks very nice as well. I cannot wait to see more pictures of this visit. Thanks again.

It is a pity that the Mathilde still did not appear.
I cannot wait to see more pictures of this visit.

Disappointed

The fact that the ladies did not wear hats during the most formal day-event: the welcome ceremony and the wreath laying, indicates that also for the other days no hats will be worn.

Call me oldfashioned. I prefer Queen Beatrix and Princess Máxima opting for two day-outfits per day, inclusive hats like they did in Turkey, Belgium, Argentina, etc.

I really like the fact that the M.T. is growing out her hair. It is very flattering to her face and makes her look softer. She is very lovely today, and I also adore her outfit.

Henri M. said:
The fact that the ladies did not wear hats during the most formal day-event: the welcome ceremony and the wreath laying, indicates that also for the other days no hats will be worn.

Call me oldfashioned. I prefer Queen Beatrix and Princess Máxima opting for two day-outfits per day, inclusive hats like they did in Turkey, Belgium, Argentina, etc.
Yes i agree with you the Ladys should wear hats and the men uniforms like they do in Sweden and Norway.

Last edited:
While seeing the pictures earlier, I thought that MT's hair was just being blown away by the wind. I did not realize that it was a new hairstyle! LOL. It looks great on her. I also agree, I would have liked to have seen hats although I don't consider myself old fashion, just opt for more elegance.

Yes, Getty Images has the first photo's from the galadiner.
Beautiful dresses for all of them.

That is one big tiara for the grand duchess! I wasn't that impressed by her dress though.

Wow...the royal ladies look lovely. Maria Theresa pulled out the big tiara for this occassion! I love Paola's hair...it appears to be slightly different than her normal look and its a winner. Mathilde looks great too! The men appear dashing as well. Is it just me or can only Fabilola pull off that dress...and maybe a Marie Chantal. Does she never wear a tiara? Astrid...not too fond of the colour....it does nothing for her IMO. And where were Claire and Laurent?

I love MT with longer hair and purple is a nice color on her. However, I wish she would wear more dresses with straps. The big tiara looks nice with MT's new hairstyle. The new jewels (before worn by JC) are nice additions to her style.

The GD put an impression on me.She just looked so wonderful, especially in this new hairstyle, i think it's abit more curly.Nice to see her looking great and happy in her birthday.

Zonk said:
Wow...the royal ladies look lovely. Maria Theresa pulled out the big tiara for this occassion! I love Paola's hair...it appears to be slightly different than her normal look and its a winner. Mathilde looks great too! The men appear dashing as well. Is it just me or can only Fabilola pull off that dress...and maybe a Marie Chantal. Does she never wear a tiara? Astrid...not too fond of the colour....it does nothing for her IMO. And where were Claire and Laurent?

Fabiola doesn't wear a tiara since the dead of her husband King Baudouin in 1993. She made a exception for the State Visits from Spain and Sweden in 2000 and 2001 when she wore her spanish Wedding gift tiara.

I :wub: Mathilde's pink dress and her hair. I kinda think that she should lose the earings. You know keep it simple. What's up with Astrid's dress, I have no idea what color it is - highlighter yellow or green. Does Astrid prefer to wear [you know, revealing...show a bit flesh, kind of] dresses. Remember the event [charity concert] in France, last December.

Stefan said:
Fabiola doesn't wear a tiara since the dead of her husband King Baudouin in 1993. She made a exception for the State Visits from Spain and Sweden in 2000 and 2001 when she wore her spanish Wedding gift tiara.

Out of my heart (correct me if I'm wrong)

Only during the Spanish State Visit she wore the Medinaceli Diademe (Spanish Wedding Gift Diademe) on her hairdo.

During the Swedish State Visit she wore a few prongs as a necklace, combined with aquamarines.

So the Spanish State Visit was the only one on which she wore a diademe, after de death of her spouse, King Baudouin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom