King's Feast 2004 - present

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:previous:Gorgeous pics, stephanievl! Thanks:flowers:
They all look nice!

Nowhere else could we find such a lot of beautiful photos at a time, as here in these Forums. Thank you very much.:flowers:

Yesterday evening I saw on Place Royale the whole King's Day.
HM King Albert II was great and fabulous.
At the Cathedral , Cardinal Danneels sais that he was our unexpected King. the evening the surprise was great , we saw on the screen the Trone's room and the King and we saw the King Himself..
The next day

follows
The next day he was at the Synagogue . I think he was the first King of the Belgians who assisted at their celebration. How grateful they were , I was impressed.

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous:Gorgeous pics, stephanievl! Thanks:flowers:
They all look nice!

Seconded. Wonderful pictures thank you. Princess Mathilde looks absolutely wonderful and it was nice to get a glimpse of Queen Fabiola.
:flowers:

Any information about the plans for 15th Nov 2009 (King's Feast) or pics when the day comes along can be posted here.

According to Monarchie.be, queen Fabiola will attend the Te Deum mass. It will be her first public event since the remembrance mass for King Baudouin this summer.

:belgiumstandard:
Fête du Roi / Koningsfeest.

HM Queen Fabiola,TRH Crown Prince Filip and Crown Princess Mathilde,TR&IH Princess Astrid and Prince Lorenze,Prince Laurent,
will attend the Te Deum for the Fête du Roi at the Cathedral of St.Goedele and St.Michel,Brussels this morning.

It is highly unusual for the Reigning Monarch to attend the Te Deum on the Fête du Roi with the exception last year as HM attended
to commemorate the 15th anniversary of the death of his beloved brother,King Baudouin.

HM will take the militairy salute at 13.35PM local time from the balcony of the Royal Palace,Brussels as the vows of allegiance to The King
by the Military will be expressed.

Princess Clair will not be in attendance as she couldn't find anyone to take care of the children,as a newspaper,the Gazet van Antwerpen,wrote this morning.A rather unusual thing to happen as HRH is always present.

In the afternoon TRH Prince Filip,Princess Mathilde,Princess Astrid and Prince Lorenze as well as Princes Laurent,will attend the
celebrations at the Palace of the Nation where HM will be celebrated in the frame of Scientific Research with Members of Parliament,
the Senate and the federal Government in attendance.

I though Queen Fabiola was not going to attened any official events after she feel ill, is this an exceptional event or could be her health is better? Its great that she will be making it, she does have osme funny moments in public.

Pitty P.Claire cant make it, its always nice seeing her with the family. Personally, I think that she couldve kept her children with her parents, family or even with Mathilde's kids, I also find it weird she couldnt find anyone.

I though Queen Fabiola was not going to attened any official events after she feel ill, is this an exceptional event or could be her health is better? Its great that she will be making it, she does have osme funny moments in public.

Pitty P.Claire cant make it, its always nice seeing her with the family. Personally, I think that she couldve kept her children with her parents, family or even with Mathilde's kids, I also find it weird she couldnt find anyone.

HM insisted on it despite her health that she wil attend the Te Deum regardless her condition,she will however not attend the celebration at the Palace of the Nation this afternoon,but the Te Deum,yes,definitely.:)

With the Princess's absence,speculations have set in.Not too much I hope.

Last edited:
Quite strange that princess Claire will not attend because she doesn't find anyone to take care of the childern. Since this is a quite important dat in the calender of the royal family we would expect het to attend!

Maybe Queen Fabiola's health has really improved, and she is fine; it's since three months that she doesn't appear in public, so...
It's a pity indeed that Princess Claire can't attend.

Thanks for these pictures!
Queen Fabiola looks quite fine, imo...

It is too bad that Princess Claire couldn't make it; however, I am really pleased to see Queen Fabiola. She looks lovely, and it is great to see her attending this event. I hope that she continues to gain strength. Here are some more photos, and a short article (in French):
La famille royale belge au te-deum de la Fête du Roi | Noblesse & Royautés

I love the photo of Princess Mathilde curtseying to Queen Fabiola.

Beautiful pictures, it's wonderful that Queen Fabiola attended even in her old age.
It's a shame that Claire could not find anyone to babysit. :)

Mystery about why Princess Claire was absent:

- Prince Laurent, when asked, said Claire stayed home with one of the boys who had fallen down the stairs
- however, Princess Claire has been taken of the list of invited people last Wednesday
- when the Press Office at the Palace was contacted, they said she hadn't found anyone to babysit the kids

--> it is now said that the Nanny resigned last week.

See article in Dutch (deredactie.be)

Last edited:
Very good to see Queen Fabiola looking so well.

However her nephew Prince Phillippe should get rid of that beard!

Back
Top Bottom