King's Feast 2004 - present

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This morning Princess Claire at the Cathedral , this afternoon Prince Laurent back from Vienna at the Parliament and no Princess Claire.

This morning Princess Claire at the Cathedral , this afternoon Prince Laurent back from Vienna at the Parliament and no Princess Claire.

Why was Laurent in Vienna?

Why was Laurent in Vienna?
He received a prize of this organisation
Flamme des Friedens - Flame of Peace:

@ Laurent's dotation: Regardless of his behaviour there will be discussion anyway, year after year. The biggest Flemish party N-VA wants to abolish them for ex. And the public views these dotations for Astrid and Laurent as waste of money. It was one of Albert's biggest mistakes to talk the government into granting them. Dehaene, the prime minister back then already admitted it was a wrong decision.

Video of the ceremony at the parliament.
Video-uitzending in uitgesteld relais
Obviously there is no reconciliation between Laurent and Paola.

Last edited:
Under high Security , empty places in the Church. Storm and windly.
I intented to go because I like King Albert Ii and Queen Paola and don't know when I will see them again.
I was safe home.
Thanks for the pictures Iceflower

Thanks all for the photos. How nice to see again the Kings. And what weather. I imagine like maria-olivia say many people because of the weather and of course the recent events preferred to stay in their homes.

It was surely better that you've stayed at home, maria-olivia, and I cross my fingers that you'll soon get another chance of seeing them!

Here are two extra galleries of the parliament event later today:

** ppe gallery ** belga gallery **

Apparently not. But at least Laurent this time will attend; IIRC last year he didn't.

Laurent seems to completely ignore his family, and Claire is not present.
I used to really love an d appreciate him but I'm not so sure now.

Some extra photos of this morning Te Deum Mass at Saint Michael and St Gudula Cathedral ,pity there was no Princess Claire!

PPE Agency

Prince Laurent came too late and did great only the Clergy Man, not even the former King his Father, . Queen Paola took his arm and said Laurent.... What is happening to our Royal Family ?

When I see pictures of the first threads 2004, a smiing Royal Family around the late Queen Fabiola

Prince Laurent's face in the Afternoon for the Civil Celebration ?!?

Prince Laurent seldom does public events but now he is received in Parliament for theFête du Roi.

But good grief.... look at him... picture

Is that how a prince of the blood royal presents himself to the Senate and the Chamber ? :bang: :eek:

Prince Laurent looks horrible. He seems not sane to me.

I agree , Uggly Family Picture with an announced missing Princess.
This happens in no other European Royal Family.

He arrived too late this morning at the Cathedral and greated only the clergyman not his Father and the rest of his family. (See video)

Prince Laurent seldom does public events but now he is received in Parliament for theFête du Roi.

But good grief.... look at him... picture

Is that how a prince of the blood royal presents himself to the Senate and the Chamber ? :bang: :eek:
As a Belgian I can assure the rest of the world that irons do exist in Belgium and are rather inexpensive:lol:

King Albert,Queen Paola,Princess Astrid Archduchess of Austria Este and a rather glum looking Prince Laurent posed for photos at the Parliament in Brussels later tday.

PPE

PPE Agency

The shameful appearance of Prince Laurent at the Fête du Roi is only harming his own position. The general mood of the reactions in online media is: "How is it possible that we have to pay € 310.000,-- per year for this fat, rude profiteur who is sleeping in the church?"

But that the website of the Royal House itself decided to post the most unflattering photo ever.... can you imagine any other Royal House, think Denmark, or Sweden, or the United Kingdom, post such a picture????

More than 100.000 looks en Facebook etc...about his stupide attitude entering the Cathedral. He knew the Press was there.
Duc , there is a much better picture at the Senate.
On the Group Picture Laurent is looking at his Iphone.

You are right this happens only with my RF.

The way he ignored his family is shameful. It was rather painful to watch Queen Paola trying to hold is arm and giving him an anxious look. I am sure he has some reason for complaint but to be so embittered and to humiliate his mother in public is simply obnoxious. He is in his 50-ties now, the time that he can blame his parents for everything is IMHO long gone.

Back
Top Bottom