King's Feast 2004 - present

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:previous:

At first they only waved Flemish flags and shouted something like "Die Belgium". When Mathilde and Philippe arrived they tried to jump over the barriers and turned into a security risk with that. So they were run down by the police and have been arrested. According to the police the group belongs to the Flemish nationalist student union NSV. The NSV (Nationalist Student Association) maintains an ideology of conservative radical nationalism and is very active in the Flemish movement.

Here's another picture gallery from today:

** zimbio/gettyimages: Belgian Princely Family Attend 'Te Deum' For King's Day **

And as every year the celebrations continued at the federal parliament in Brussels:

** belga gallery **

The Royal Family at the Te Deum mass, on the occasion of the King's Feast at the Saint Michael
and St Gudula Cathedral (Cathedrale des Saints Michel et Gudule / Sint-Michiels-en Sint-Goedele
kathedraal), 15 November 2012.

http://i.imgur.com/SrzVD.jpg

I'd love to know what Prince Laurent is whispering to Princess Claire!

I'd love to know what Prince Laurent is whispering to Princess Claire!

She's laughing so it is probably a joke but Philippe is like *facepalm* at his lil bro antics :lol: :D

Is it known what time will the ceremonies start this year?

I love the new haircut of Queen Paola! Very fresh and modern. A pity that Queen Fabiola didn't attend.

It is nice to see King Albert and Queen Paola undertaking an engagement. Queen Fabiola's absence is not surprising.

Last edited:
I wonder why Fabiola wasn't there, is she sick or something?

We had a choc seing Queen Paola with short white hair without make-up.
King Albert walked difficultly .
What a difference since the 21/7 ?
I wonder when we will see them for the next time ?

I am loving the chic new style

she reminds me a lot of Judi Dench...and they both look amazing

We had a choc seing Queen Paola with short white hair without make-up.
King Albert walked difficultly .
What a difference since the 21/7 ?
I wonder when we will see them for the next time ?

I take it that Their Majesties have scaled back all their public appearances since the July Abdication.

We saw something terrible on the King's feast.(VTM)
The former King and the Queen greeted Princess Claire and when Laurent came from the other side of his car his parents already started their entrée in the Cathedral without greeting their SON . Only Prince Lorenz gave him a shake hands.
This should never happen in other RF !

We saw something terrible on the King's feast.(VTM)
The former King and the Queen greeted Princess Claire and when Laurent came from the other side of his car his parents already started their entrée in the Cathedral without greeting their SON . Only Prince Lorenz gave him a shake hands.
This should never happen in other RF !

Astrid didn't greet her brother either? :eek:
I distinctly remember Philippe and Mathilde greeting both Laurent and Claire at these celebrations in past years :ermm:

:previous:
It is quite unfortunate that King Albert chose to demonstrate the bad blood in public.

Last edited:
You may see what happened on VTM Royalty and also inside the Church when Queen Paola had her hands in front of her and put her hands back of her when Laurent and Claire arrived at their seats.
Leidl , Philippe and Mathilde should never have done this ! and certainly in public !

I wonder when Albert and Paola finally realize they have very little time left to heal at least some of the wounds. At this point they are morally bankrupt imo.
Them not greeting Laurent isn't new though, it's been like this for years and their worst behaviour was attending the first communion of Laurent's daughter while ignoring Laurent.

Also it's off-putting to see the family behaving like this and the public is tired of this. It clearly is Philippe and Mathilde's wish to create the image of a united family - too bad that some family members can't go along with this and support the new head of family. It was Philippe's first kings day and this is certainly NOT the right manner to attend his celebration.

What is the Belgian RF's problem with Prince Laurent? Did he do something to put the family to shame? I also read somewhere here only that he sides with that Boel woman..Please tell me briefly..
And whatever it is, I am sure showing bad blood is not at all the way to behave in public. They may even skip the event, but these reverse-PDAs are disastrous for any RF in PR point of view..

personally I think it would be better for all concerned if Albert and Paola just disapeared into retirement to enjoy their remaining years out of the public eye and Let King Phillipe and Queen Mathilde continue to rebuild the image of the Belgian Monarchy.

You may see what happened on VTM Royalty and also inside the Church when Queen Paola had her hands in front of her and put her hands back of her when Laurent and Claire arrived at their seats.
Leidl , Philippe and Mathilde should never have done this ! and certainly in public !

They are such sad people tbh, Philippe has never jugded his brother the way their parents had and he hasn't made the mistakes they did!! :ermm:

The video is here:

Koningsdag in detail | VTM

Horrible attitude IMO, Albert and Paola don't seem to be wanting to help their son in the first part of his reign, I am not saying they should be kissing all their children all the time but some kind of recognition would be good! :bang:

Last edited:
It is a shame that Queen Paola and Princess Astrid are not meeting the own dresscode and dropping standards. Luckily Princess Claire remembered how to dress properly for a very formal religious event in attendance of the religious, civil, military, diplomatic, justitial and aristocratic who-is-who in Belgium.

They are such sad people tbh, Philippe has never jugded his brother the way their parents had and he hasn't made the mistakes they did!! :ermm:

King Philippe is just in the very early stage of his Reign, you can not compare this to the mess Prince Laurent (and no one else) himself caused during his father's Reign. Wait a couple of years before you judge Albert vs Philippe. My big toe is sending me signals that it will not take long before Prince Laurent will cause another conflict and now with his brother.

What Prince Laurent did during his Father's reign is impossible during his Brother's Reign.
Au moindre faux pas , he will see his Dotation changed.
He has his 3 Children at the very expensive Lycée Français ....

If the who-is-who had to be there, no public outside ! It was raining and King Albert Ii was not present (surgery recoveries) .

What Prince Laurent did during his Father's reign is impossible during his Brother's Reign.
Au moindre faux pas , he will see his Dotation changed.
He has his 3 Children at the very expensive Lycée Français ....

If the who-is-who had to be there, no public outside ! It was raining and King Albert Ii was not present (surgery recoveries) .

In a couple of years Princess Elisabeth will be 18 years. She will have her own dotation as Duchesse de Brabant. Mark my words: the Parliament will again and again discuss the dotations of Prince Laurent and Princess Astrid. When the Parliament asks the Government to end the payment to Prince Laurent, we will see him again, mark my words.

The 'who-is-who' of course was in the Cathedral: the politicians, the judiciary, the military, the diplomats, other VIPS.

Back
Top Bottom