King's Feast 2004 - present

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think we had the lowest turnout today and no sign of Prince Laurent and Princess Claire but that is becoming oh so familiar and might have been a blessing in disguise given his sulky reputation.

Hopefully the next generation of the Belgian RF will be a little more loyal/royal.

In our Newspaper no word about Prince Laurent non attending.
But a lot of comments how popular the frail King Albert II and Queen Paola still are.

"Still" frail?
What is so strange in that.
Well, they are not getting younger (nobody is).

The Te Deum for the upcoming King's Feast/Fete du Roi on November 15 usually attended by King Albert, Queen Paola, Princess Astrid, Prince Lorenz, Prince Laurent and sometimes Princess Claire has been canceled. It's a matter of debate whether an online alternative could be offered, but no decision yet. It is expected that the celebration in Parliament won't take place either.

** bx1: Fête du Roi : le Te Deum du 15 novembre est annulé **

I was there last year no Prince Laurent and no Princess Claire

:previous:

That's why I've written "usually". I've listed the family members for those who are not familiar with the usual attendees. Many people are regularly suprised to hear that King Philippe and Queen Mathilde don't attend this annual event, although it's a celebration for the King..

I was wondering if the Te Deum would go ahead this year given the Covid19 situation in Belgium.

The tradition is the King and the Queen never attend the King's Feast.
As Queen Fabiola was Queen the day of her Wedding , She attend the King Feast the first time on 15 November 1993

The tradition is the King and the Queen never attend the King's Feast.
As Queen Fabiola was Queen the day of her Wedding , She attend the King Feast the first time on 15 November 1993

I actually forgot that and miss seeing queen Fabiola attendance at the Te Deum Mass.

This Evening the Prime Minister said we are again in Lockdown for 6 Weeks.
Christmas Celebratons will not be the same..
So no Christmas Concert I am sure for this Year.

On the occasion of the King's Feast, this year the Palace sharing a selection of archive photos. Due to covid measures, the Te Deum and the ceremony at the Palace of the Nation cannot take place this year.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHm-SCVHGHO/

The Churches are closed. But not a Parlement. A Civil Feast of the nation could have been possible!

Was there a royal pew in the past for members of the RF during the Te Deum Mass?

I think this was the reasonable and responsible thing to do, set an example and show that the rules are for everyone.
Well done.

King's Feast is on this year

"Their Majesties King Albert II and Queen Paola attend the King's Day ceremony at the Palais de la Nation. The theme for this year is “100 years of women in Belgian politics”. The ceremony is organized by the House of Representatives, the Senate and the Federal Government."

https://www.monarchie.be/fr/agenda/palais-de-la-nation

"Their Majesties King Albert II and Queen Paola and His Royal Highness Prince Laurent attend the Te Deum on the occasion of the King's Day, in the Cathedral of Saints-Michel-et-Gudule in Brussels. "

https://www.monarchie.be/fr/agenda/te-deum-2

Princess Astrid broke a vertebra and could sadly not attend her nieces Weddings. She is still missing now for the King's Feast ?

Sadly the former royal couple was whistled by police (!). Nothing to do with anti-royalist tendences: it were actions from their syndicats (unions). They demand better salaries.

But whistling an elderly royal couple which has nothing to do with their pay is really sad. And this coming from the police...

:ermm:

maria-olivia said:
Princess Astrid broke a vertebra and could sadly not attend her nieces Weddings. She is still missing now for the King's Feast ?

It seems that she was still unable to join in. Very few members of the RF were present. Prince Laurent apparently still is having trouble with his mask as he keeps forgetting that his nose needs to be covered too.

King Albert II without his glaces ? Queen Paola was alone when they got out. The King went directly in his car.
I remember years ago i was at the Cathedral for the Celebration for the first year of Grand Duchess Joesphine Charlotte passing away.
Cardinal Danneels said to me "be careful for these steps it is dark ".

What was the reason for Prince Lorenz's absence?

I wonder if Princess Delphine and Jim O'Hare would have been present, as on National Day, if not for her recent illness with coronavirus.

It seems that she was still unable to join in. Very few members of the RF were present. Prince Laurent apparently still is having trouble with his mask as he keeps forgetting that his nose needs to be covered too.

King Albert also has a special way of wearing his mask; but it is covering his nose and mouth. Unlike Laurent as you rightly point out. It's really not that hard (I also get rather frustrated with people wearing it right under their mouth - especially when they are trying to speak (or keeping it under their chin)).

Back
Top Bottom