King Baudouin (1930-1993) and Queen Fabiola (1928-2014) of the Belgians

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Episcopal, I have to tell you nice story. Queen Fabiola had some stablisation problems and therefore King Baudouin during his whole life took her arm.
One day the Queen had a Visit alone. One of my friends told me that her Father who was Minister and Knight saw it and helped her.
He was invited afterwards at the Royal Palace and King Baudouin said to him "Ma femme vous appelle le Chevalier " (for my wife you are the Knight !)

That's a lovely story, Maria-Olivia. Thank you for sharing it with us.

:previous: Thank you also for this video Melina:flowers:

I thinking always Queen Fabiola with a sweet memories!!

The king and president do indeed seem to be enjoying some amusement.

The queen looks like she is doing her best to remain composed for the photo, big something about her expression seems like she wants to join in.

Have you see the pictures ? How do you know it is too small?

That video above has been in my Baudouin and Fabiola Playlist forever. Unfortunately, I only speak English. If anyone can explain what Fabiola's question is about voting I certainly would be very grateful.

My second question is about Fabiola as well. I have ALWAYS wondered why it was that Fabiola NEVER wore any honorary orders. Can anyone speak to this?

Many thanks!

Have you see the pictures ? How do you know it is too small?

Take a look at the picture. Compare it with the size of the pool. I guess the pool will be between 15-20 metres, which is big for a private pool. Then you will more or less be able to estimate the size of the villa.

A five star hotel has various facilities. Luxe guest appartments to begin with. A top restaurant. A lobby, lounges, various boardrooms, a sports and leisure centre, a laundry service, valet parking, etc. etc. All in this villa? I doubt it will be possible for a hotel with only a handful of suites.

Picture: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/0c/aa/0d/0caa0d4ba6ef7957ee2593a50da871af.jpg

Episcopal , I really appreciate your love for our late Queen.
It was known that She always refuses the Orders because She said it was for the King.
Queen Paola is the first Queen who had the Lepold Order but never wore it.

Last edited:
Maria-Olivia, thank you very much for your kind words as well as for the explanation. It is so typical of beautiful and humble Fabiola to have such a belief. *hugs*

The late King spoke Spanish in Motril and with Queen Fabiola's Famly. Thanks for sharing

Queen Fabiola of Belgium

It’s hard to believe it’s been 3 years already since the passing of our dear Queen Fabiola. I miss her lovely sweet nature and her beauty. May she rest in eternal peace and know she is greatly missed and loved.

It’s hard to believe it’s been 3 years already since the passing of our dear Queen Fabiola. I miss her lovely sweet nature and her beauty. May she rest in eternal peace and know she is greatly missed and loved.

I miss her too, very much. The simple dignity and humility of this grand woman was never faked..it was the essential Fabiola. It showed not only in her reluctance to wear Orders even though no one would have looked askance at her if she did-she was a born noblewoman AND a Queen after all- it was also demonstrated by her Funeral Mass...no honors, no orders, no Coat of Arms on display.

She was wise enough to know that at the end none of the things of this world matter...we brought nothing into the world and we will take nothing out.

I don't think we will see the likes of Fabiola Mora y Aragon, Queen of the Belgians again for a very long while.

Last edited:
Warm thanks Moonmaiden.
We loved our Queen and with the time we wll see what She really brought as 5th Queen of the Belgians.
We may say that She was absolutely a positive link between 3 generations of our Royal family. We miss this Link for the moment.

Can anyone tell me what happened to my post from yesterday? Why was it deleted?

Remembering a Beautiful Soul

3.jpg

Warm thanks Moonmaiden.
We loved our Queen and with the time we wll see what She really brought as 5th Queen of the Belgians.
We may say that She was absolutely a positive link between 3 generations of our Royal family. We miss this Link for the moment.

I concur, Moonmaiden you nailed it on the head!

I miss her too, very much. The simple dignity and humility of this grand woman was never faked..it was the essential Fabiola. It showed not only in her reluctance to wear Orders even though no one would have looked askance at her if she did-she was a born noblewoman AND a Queen after all- it was also demonstrated by her Funeral Mass...no honors, no orders, no Coat of Arms on display.

She was wise enough to know that at the end none of the things of this world matter...we brought nothing into the world and we will take nothing out.

I don't think we will see the likes of Fabiola Mora y Aragon, Queen of the Belgians again for a very long while.

Thank you! Beautifully put. ❤️[emoji253]

I'm really hopeful that in a year or two, we might hear talk of a possible cause for canonisation for King Baudouin and Queen Fabiola. Cardinal Daneels has said this absolutely wont happen but I'd like to think that in time there would be a rethink of this.

Back
Top Bottom