Favourite Belgian baby name?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

which name is your favourite?

• Elisabeth Thérèse Marie Hélène

Votes: 77 48.1%
  • Gabriel Baudouin Charles Marie

Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Emmanuel Leopold Guillaume François Marie

Votes: 9 5.6%
  • Amedeo Marie Joseph Carl Pierre Philippe Paola Marcus d'Aviano

Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Maria Laura Zita Beatrix Gerhard

Votes: 8 5.0%
  • Joachim Carl Maria Nikolaus Isabelle Marcus d'Aviano

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Luisa Maria Anna Martine Pilar

Votes: 13 8.1%
  • Laetitia Maria Nora Anna Joachim Zita

Votes: 5 3.1%
  • Louise Sophie Mary

Votes: 12 7.5%
  • Nicolas Casimir Marie

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Aymeric Auguste Marie

Votes: 9 5.6%

• Total voters

carlota

Majesty
Country
United States
which one is your favourite?

Élisabeth Thérèse Marie Hélène
Gabriel Baudouin Charles Marie
Emmanuel Leopold Guillaume François Marie
Amedeo Marie Joseph Carl Pierre Philippe Paola Marcus d'Aviano
Maria Laura Zita Beatrix Gerhard
Joachim Carl Maria Nikolaus Isabelle Marcus d'Aviano
Luisa Maria Anna Martine Pilar
Laetitia Maria Nora Anna Joachim Zita
Louise Sophie Mary
Nicolas Casimir Marie
Aymeric Auguste Marie

Last edited by a moderator:

I voted for Elisabeth's name because I like it the most. All names in her name are beautiful! :flowers:

The names flow so nicely.

Élisabeth Thérèse Marie Hélène.

Élisabeth Thérèse Marie Hélène.

Elisabeth Therese Marie Helene. Its sooo elegant!

Elisabeth Therese Marie Helene is my favourite:wub:

I voted for:

1: Elisabeth Thérèse Marie Hélène
2: Laetitia Maria Nora Anna Joachim Zita
3: Emmanuel Leopold Guillaume François Marie

Last edited by a moderator:
Joachim Carl Maria Nikolaus Isabelle Marcus d'Aviano

I voted Aymeric Auguste Marie. Think it has a nice ring to it

Élisabeth Thérèse Marie Hélène is definitely my favorite. I like all the names individually and also think the order they are in her sounds very pretty.

I voted for Luisa Maria Anna Martine Pilar

Well, I voted Amedeo Marie Joseph Carl Pierre Philippe Paola Marcus d'Aviano... I just love the way the name Amedeo flows.
But I also like Elisabeth's name, it's lovely

I really like the name Joachim but maybe someone who knows can help me clarify... why do both sexes seem to have the opposite genders name? Example
Joachim Carl Maria Nikolaus Isabelle Marcus d'Aviano.
Here in the states, Maria and Isabelle are female names. I have always been facinated by names, so this really interests me. Thanks in advance for anyone that answers.

I really like the name Joachim but maybe someone who knows can help me clarify... why do both sexes seem to have the opposite genders name? Example
Joachim Carl Maria Nikolaus Isabelle Marcus d'Aviano.
Here in the states, Maria and Isabelle are female names. I have always been facinated by names, so this really interests me. Thanks in advance for anyone that answers.
I wondered about that, too but I think the children always have the name of the godparents in their name (1male, 1female). If you look it is never more then 1 opposite sex name.
Maria is normal, it is a male and a female name if used other than the first name. The same is true for Marie, you see all the other male children have "Marie" in their name, too. It is a religious thing.

I wondered about that, too but I think the children always have the name of the godparents in their name (1male, 1female). If you look it is never more then 1 opposite sex name.
Maria is normal, it is a male and a female name if used other than the first name. The same is true for Marie, you see all the other male children have "Marie" in their name, too. It is a religious thing.
Thanks you for the answer!!!:flowers:

I voted for th first one, because all names are beautiful. And in combination sounds nice!

Okay, I understand the "Marie" in all their names, but why does Amadeo have a "Paola" and Joachim have an "Isabelle"? I could understand that they were named after people, but why do those names stay in the female form?

Queen Paola is Amedeo's godmother, I believe. Do not know who Joachim's is, but assuming her name is Isabelle.
Maria Laura has "Gerhard" amongst her names, and Laetitia Maria has Joachim and I am pretty sure Joachim is her god-father.
It seems Princess Astrid is quite keen on acknowledging her children's god parents within their names.

Elisabeth Therese Marie Helene. It just sounds regal.

I don't understand why Astrid's boys have female names among theirs and visa versa? Maria/Marie I understand but Paola for Amedeo, Gerhard for Maria-Laura and Jaochim for Maria-Letitia? Aren't there female versions of Jaochim and Gerhard and a male version of Paola?

Emmanuel Leopold Guillaume François Marie

I just think this name flows well!

absolutely Elisabeth Thérèse Marie Hélène

I don't understand why Astrid's boys have female names among theirs and visa versa? Maria/Marie I understand but Paola for Amedeo, Gerhard for Maria-Laura and Jaochim for Maria-Letitia? Aren't there female versions of Jaochim and Gerhard and a male version of Paola?

If I'm not mistaken these names are for the godparents of the children. Paola was godmother to Amadeo and Joachim is Maria-Letitia's godfather

Back
Top Bottom