Favourite Belgian baby name?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

which name is your favourite?

• Elisabeth Thérèse Marie Hélène

Votes: 77 48.1%
  • Gabriel Baudouin Charles Marie

Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Emmanuel Leopold Guillaume François Marie

Votes: 9 5.6%
  • Amedeo Marie Joseph Carl Pierre Philippe Paola Marcus d'Aviano

Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Maria Laura Zita Beatrix Gerhard

Votes: 8 5.0%
  • Joachim Carl Maria Nikolaus Isabelle Marcus d'Aviano

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Luisa Maria Anna Martine Pilar

Votes: 13 8.1%
  • Laetitia Maria Nora Anna Joachim Zita

Votes: 5 3.1%
  • Louise Sophie Mary

Votes: 12 7.5%
  • Nicolas Casimir Marie

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Aymeric Auguste Marie

Votes: 9 5.6%

• Total voters
Absolutely Elisabeth Thérèse Marie Hélène , this is my favorite name for the royals ; not just for the belgian royals!

If I'm not mistaken these names are for the godparents of the children. Paola was godmother to Amadeo and Joachim is Maria-Letitia's godfather

Yes, that is right. In Belgian it is often that the second and thirth name are the names of your godparents. In my name it is also like that.

The name I like the most is that of little princess Eléonore Fabiola Victoria Anne Marie, but isn't there so I chose Louise Sophie Mary: it's short but just perfect.
I like Philippe and Mathilde choise for the first name of their children,with the el-/-el tradition, and also the Marie/Maria tradition, because of their catholic faith (being catholic too,I much appriciated).
I've noticed that Astrid and Lorenz chose for their children some Italian names (I have to confess, I'm a bit proud of this) as Maria Laura, Amedeo,Zita, Anna, Paola(obviously after the Queen) and Luisa.
Separately I like very much Gabriel, Emmanuel, Zita and Pilar.

Laetitia Maria Nora Anna Joachim Zita

I adore Princess Elisabeths names :D
But Princess Eléonore name is beautiful :angel:

I love Eleonore Fabiola Victoria Anne Marie. I think this name is so beautiful.

Elisabeth Thérèse Marie Hélène:wub:
But Laetitia´s names are also very beautiful.

Her Royal Highness Princess Elisabeth Thérèse Marie Hélène, aww I am dying :)

I love all the names of Mathilde and Philippe's children.

If princess Louise's last name had been written in the french way, Marie, I would have chosen her name without hesitation. If we are to take all the given names into consideration, my vote goes to princess Eléonore Fabiola Victoria Anne Marie.

I like this one: Luisa Maria Anna Martine Pilar. A lovely name! :flowers:

Laetitia Maria Nora Anna Joachim Zita .
I really like this name !
Appropriating mixed French and German names.:lol:

I really like the name Joachim but maybe someone who knows can help me clarify... why do both sexes seem to have the opposite genders name? Example
Joachim Carl Maria Nikolaus Isabelle Marcus d'Aviano.
Here in the states, Maria and Isabelle are female names. I have always been facinated by names, so this really interests me. Thanks in advance for anyone that answers.

Uhmm since I'm so sure Joachim's name, I'll use Amedeo's name as example

Amedeo Marie Joseph Carl Pierre Phillippe Paola Marcus d'Aviano

Amedeo - his name, he share his name with his paternal great grandpa Amedeo, Duke of Savoy and his dad,but in different style, Amadeus
Marie and Joseph - I believe this is related with their beliefs. They are devoted catholic family
Carl (or Karl in Joachim name) refers to his great grandpa Karl/Charles 1 of Austria
Pierre - this one I don't really know why .. Maybe still related to catholic belief
Phillippe - because king Phillippe is his Godfather
Paola - because his grandma, Queen Paola, is his Godfather
Marcus D'Aviano - patron saint of the Habsburg Family ... Most all Habsburg male has this name

And for the girl

Maria Laura Zita Beatrix Gerhard

Maria - telated to their belief
Laura - her name
Zita - refers to her paternal grandmother, Zita, the last empress of Austria and wife of Charles/Karl 1
Beatrix - her Godmother is Archduchess Maria Beatrix of Austria-Este, her paternal auntie
Gerhard - her Godfather is Archduke Gerhard of Austria-Este, her paternal uncle

I voted for Elisabeth Thérèse Marie Hélène, as I think it has a pretty sound to it. I particularly like the Dutch version of Princess Elisabeth's names; Elisabeth Theresia Maria Helena. If Princess Eleonore's names were on the list, then I would've voted for them. Eleonore Fabiola Victoria Anne Marie sounds very elegant. I also like Luisa Maria Anna Martine Pilar (I love Maria Anna in particular). Another name I like is Louise Sophie Mary. I also like the names Gabriel and Emmanuel; they have a cute sound to them.

I don't understand why Astrid's boys have female names among theirs and visa versa? Maria/Marie I understand but Paola for Amedeo, Gerhard for Maria-Laura and Jaochim for Maria-Letitia? Aren't there female versions of Jaochim and Gerhard and a male version of Paola?

I know this is an older post; but IIRC the female variant of Joachim is Joachima. I'm not sure what the female variant of Gerhard is. I could be wrong, but I think the male variant of Paola is Paulo/Paul. :)

Elisabeth Thérèse Marie Hélène!

The female of Gerhard is Gerda or Gerarda.

Elisabeth Thérèse Marie Hélène but i love also Eléonore Fabiola Victoria Anne Marie :)

Back
Top Bottom