Dutch State Visit to Belgium: June 20-22, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

purple_platinum

Heir Apparent
City
Jakarta
Country
Indonesia
Upon the invitation by HM King Albert II of Belgium, HM Queen Beatrix of Netherlands will make a State Visit to Belgium from Tuesday, 20 June until Thursday, 22 June 2006.

here's the press release from koninklijkhuis.nl

Please post news & photos of this visit here... :) :)

Well, this is going to be the year of the Benelux state visits! Lovely! I'll be looking forward to this one too! :)

what about CP Prince Willem and Princess Maxima attend Belgium?

from koninklijkhuis.nl

Programme of Dutch State Visit to Belgium, 20-22 June 2006

Her Majesty Queen Beatrix will bring on Tuesday, 20 June till Thursday, 22 June 2006 a state visit at Belgium.

She does this on invitation of Theirs Majesties the King and Queen of the Belgium.
His Royal Highness the Prince of Orange and Her Royal Highness Princess Máxima of the Netherlands will accompany the Queen on the first day of the state visit.
The visit will be in Antwerp, Brussels, Gent & Luik.

The program is outlines as follows :

Tuesday, 20 June : Antwerpen / Brussels
  • Arrival on airport Deurne in Antwerp
  • Welcome ceremony at the City Hall of Antwerp
  • Reception by the mayor at the City Hall of Antwerp
  • Wreath Laying ceremony at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier in Brussels
  • Official photograph in the Royal Palace of Brussels
  • Audience with Prime Minister Guy Verhofstadt in the Royal Palace
  • Reception by the mayor at the city Hall of Brussels. The multicultural societies is the theme of this reception
  • Visit Flemish-Dutch House Huis de Buren, a cultural institute that has been realized on initiative of the Dutch and Flemish government. The house offers a forum for the debate over cultural diversity, society and politics in Europe
  • Gala Dinner at the Royal Castle of Laken
Wednesday, 21 June : Gent / Brussels
  • Reception bythe mayor at the City Hall of Gent. Integration and urban renewal is the central during this reception
  • City walk through Gent
  • Boat journey through Gent
  • Meeting with drivers and representatives in culture chapel Saint Vincent
    Visit to Stedelijk Museum voor Actuele Kunst (SMAK) / Urban Museum for Current Art
  • Reception by the Governor at the Province House of Oost-Vlaanderen (Easterly-Flanders). Economic cooperation and safety is the central topic during this reception
  • Reception for the Dutch Community in the Koninklijke Musea voor Schone Kunsten (Royal Museum for Arts) in Brussels
  • Reception and Concert of the residence orchestra in Paleis voor Schone Kunsten (Palace for Arts) in Brussels, offered by Queen Beatrix
Thursday, 22 June : Luik
  • Trip by TGV from Brussels to Luik
  • Visit and guided tour through new stations complex Gare de Guillemins in Luik
  • Boat journey through the harbor of Luik
  • Reception by the mayor at the City Hall of Luik. Theme: bilateral economic and cultural cooperation between the Netherlands and Belgium
  • Reception by the provincial administration at the Prinsbisschoppelijk Palace of Luik. Next to an introduction over the modernization of the Hatch-Meuse-rhine connection, with representatives of universities and the culture sector
  • Farewell Ceremony at the square of Prinsbisschoppelijk Palace, Luik-Bierset
24 May 2006

It's been quite a busy time for Willem-Alexander and Máxima!

Thailand, Mongolia and then another visit (albeit very close to home) in a few days.

So it is confirmed that Willem and Maxima will attend?

yes, they will attend the first day only. Constantijn will be present the 2nd evening, as will the Duke of Parma, and his two sons.

I believe that after W-A and Maxima leave Belgium, they are off to Germany! A globe-trotting couple recently. Thailand, Mongolia, Belgium, and Germany all within a matter of weeks! They (and most other royals) do more traveling in months time than normal people do in a lifetime. Lucky them! :D

I find it strange that Prince Constantijn and the Duke of Parma (of all people) and his two sons will be participating in the visit. Prince Constantijn (and Laurentien) almost never participate in state visits at at home, let alone in Belgium.:confused:

Alisa said:
I find it strange that Prince Constantijn and the Duke of Parma (of all people) and his two sons will be participating in the visit. Prince Constantijn (and Laurentien) almost never participate in state visits at at home, let alone in Belgium.:confused:
This may be a stupid question, but who on the planet is the Duke of Parma? Are they referring to Carlos Hugo, Beatrix's ex brother in law?! If so, that would be strange to say the least. And as for Constantijn, he's probably doing it to alleviate his brother, and anyway, he's a resident of Brussels, so maybe they thought he's a natural fit.

Alisa said:

That is because Prince Constantijn lives in Belgium.

The Duke of Parma is indeed the ex-husband of Princess Irene, Princess Olga :) He and his sons, the princes Carlos and Jaime will be there for the 'contrapresentation', tomorrow in the palace of the fine arts.
I hope Laurentien will be well enough to attend as well, so we can discuss another horrendous dress.
This was stated on the weblog of GDP journalist H. Jacobs.

First picture...

Attachments

• 3203486.jpg
    3203486.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 644
20-06-06 Dutch Statevisit to Belgium- Arrival
ANP

My first Impression:
Nice hats for the Queens. I don't know yet what to think about the CP's hats... :rolleyes:

Images from polfoto

Attachments

• 1.jpeg
    1.jpeg
    41.9 KB · Views: 702
  • 2.jpeg
    2.jpeg
    47.4 KB · Views: 639
  • 3.jpeg
    3.jpeg
    43.6 KB · Views: 518
  • 4.jpeg
    4.jpeg
    86 KB · Views: 543
  • 5.jpeg
    5.jpeg
    43.6 KB · Views: 663
  • 6.jpeg
    6.jpeg
    46.8 KB · Views: 493
  • 7.jpeg
    7.jpeg
    35.9 KB · Views: 550
  • 8.jpeg
    8.jpeg
    41.8 KB · Views: 499
Last edited:
Marengo said:
The Duke of Parma is indeed the ex-husband of Princess Irene, Princess Olga :) He and his sons, the princes Carlos and Jaime will be there for the 'contrapresentation', tomorrow in the palace of the fine arts.
I hope Laurentien will be well enough to attend as well, so we can discuss another horrendous dress.
This was stated on the weblog of GDP journalist H. Jacobs.

Princess Laurentien would not attend dinner on state visit with Belgium guests because she stay with newborn daughter and need to breastfed,change diapers and naps for mother and baby but she would spent with her 3 kids.

It's great to see these pictures ! You can see that the Belgium Royal family and Dutch Royal family have a strong friendship :)

Queen Beatrix arrives at the memorial for the unknown soldier in Brussels, Tuesday 20 June 2006 (1,2 and the last one)

More images in the airport

from anp and getty

Attachments

• 3203740.jpg
    3203740.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 511
  • 3203738.jpg
    3203738.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 519
  • 3203657.jpg
    3203657.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 447
  • 3203676.jpg
    3203676.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 588
  • 3203679.jpg
    3203679.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 478
  • 71244495.jpg
    71244495.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 638
Last edited:
Very nice photos. I like the hat of Paola very much and also the CPs hats. The one of the queen is a little bit strange for me.

They are really friends, at least they are happy together.

Only one question, is Mathilde pregnant again? Because of her dress...

Images from belga

Attachments

• p4493690.jpg
    p4493690.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 451
  • p4493570.jpg
    p4493570.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 374
  • p4493697.jpg
    p4493697.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 461
  • p4493691.jpg
    p4493691.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 450
  • p4493682.jpg
    p4493682.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 406
  • p4493632.jpg
    p4493632.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 426
  • p4493621.jpg
    p4493621.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 346
  • p4493620.jpg
    p4493620.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 353
  • p4493609.jpg
    p4493609.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 368
  • p4493606.jpg
    p4493606.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 386
OMG! What is that thing on Mathilde's head? The Queens look smashing as usual. Maxima looks good and I must say I am disappointed in Mathilde's look.

I quite like Mathilde's look, I think she looks good in that dress

Images from getty
BRUSSELS, BELGIUM: Some demonstrators are arrested by police at the Brussels Grand Place - Grote Markt during the visit of Belgian Queen Beatrix to the Brussels city hall, Tuesday June 20, 2006.

Images from belga

Attachments

• 21.jpg
    21.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 465
  • 22.jpg
    22.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 443
  • 23.jpg
    23.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 439
  • p4493904.jpg
    p4493904.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 353
  • p4493905.jpg
    p4493905.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 338
  • p4493906.jpg
    p4493906.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 435
  • p4493907.jpg
    p4493907.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 313
Last edited:
This is what I call a good neighbourship – all this kissing and hugging….
I think Paola is so far the best dressed women; Maxima (too shiny) and Mathilde (too much red, but nice shoes) can definitively change their looks to the better tonight.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

So this must be the moment when they realized that they both bought the same bag and Maxima begins to explain….;)

Mathilde used this bag in Sweden at Carl Gustaf´s Birthday (third picture). They share so many Natan clothes. I am sure they call each other to avoid wearing the same dress at the same occasion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom