The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Belgium

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-21-2006, 09:00 AM
Aristocracy

Smile Hear, hear!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophus
Princess Astrid is often forgotten in this forum which is too bad as I think she is very beautifull and elegant. It's always Mary, Letitia, Maxima and Mette-Marrit people writes about... She is not modern and chic like them but she is certainly a real princess and grand lady...
She is hard working lady, for the Red Cross for instance, raising five kids and is having also her dutys as the wife of Prince Lorenz. And as I compare the pictures of her about ten, fifteen years ago [round the time her father became king] and pictures of her now I only can say "Hats off for Princes Astrid."

Old 06-21-2006, 09:20 AM
Courtier

Some more (BELGA, anp)

Old 06-21-2006, 09:31 AM
Courtier

Visting the famous SMAK (museum for contemporary art) in Ghent. (Belga)

Old 06-21-2006, 09:46 AM
Courtier

And ppe provides new pictures too

Old 06-21-2006, 10:26 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

What a gentleman the King is, handing over HM coat :). Nice to see that they are so comfortable together.
Old 06-21-2006, 11:30 AM
Courtier

Some more from Ghent. (anp)
The cactus is used as music instrument. Any other noise than “ouch” would surprise me!

Old 06-21-2006, 12:07 PM
Serene Highness

Queen Beatrix is looking great! :)
Red definetely is a colour that suits a lot of royal ladies!
Old 06-21-2006, 12:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Does anyone else think it a possibility that Mathilda is pregnant again? In a few of the pictures there is a bump to be seen if she is turned sideways. That would be nice, although quite close together...
Old 06-21-2006, 02:11 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

Beatrix looked great!
I like her wearing red! The Hat was great, too! Lovely to see the King as a real Gentleman!

Old 06-21-2006, 02:12 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxie
Queen Beatrix is looking great! :)
Red definetely is a colour that suits a lot of royal ladies!
She is! By the way, I think it was de Telegraaf, the largest Dutch newspaper, that stated that this is Beatrix's 40th 'outbound' state visit!

Funny, we even haven't seen the end of this visit and already it seems a huge hit: everyone is so clearly at ease with each other, Beatrix seems to be enjoying herself, the overall atmosphere is great (minus one little incident yesterday in Antwerpen, some if I'm correct right-wing demonstrators whose goal evidently it is to re-unite the economically well-to do Dutch speaking Flemish part of Belgium with the Netherlands, demonstrated their views for the queen to see, which was bad). What a contrast with her visit to Buenos Aires, where for some reason the triumphant visit I expected just didn't materialize.

And regarding Mathilde's maybe pregnancy: if true, these royal girls certainly are doing their utmost to help birth rate-poor Europe back on track! But seriously, whatever the case I agree she somehow doesn't seem her old, luminous self...
Old 06-21-2006, 03:24 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess olga
As for the royal 'fashion show', I think as far as the gala looks go, Claire is the clear Belle of the Ball. she's not getting a foot wrong. Princess Astrid looked incredibly elegant as well.

Maxima's trying to pull a JAckie indeed, and doing a great job of it, but her face seems overly made up or something, as if she's fighting fatigue (not unlikely considering what she's been up to lately..)
I agree with you, The first impression I have of claire was that she, in her quiet unassuming way, out shines them all! Maxima seems to be smoking or flying too much, as it has taken a toll on her complexion!

BTW, does Prince Laurent have a bad leg? Why does he walk with a stick?
Old 06-21-2006, 03:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Does Maxima smoke? I've never seen any evidence of that. How strange
Old 06-21-2006, 03:50 PM
Serene Highness

Laurent was in a motorbike accident over the weekend. And, yes, there are a couple of photos of Maxima smoking tucked into threads on this forum.
Old 06-21-2006, 04:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

Article from HELLO
Recently returned from visits to Thailand and Mongolia, Crown Princess Maxima and her husband Crown Prince Willem-Alexander of Holland have been travelling closer to home this week. The royal couple met up with Belgium's Princess Mathilde and Crown Prince Philippe for Dutch Queen Beatrix's official three-day state visit......................
http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty...belgianroyals/
Old 06-21-2006, 04:05 PM
Courtier

This are the first pics from tonight’s reception and concert of the Residence Orchestra in the “Paleis voor Schone Kunsten-Palais des Beaux-Arts” (Centre For Fine Arts) in Brussels, offered by Queen Beatrix
(anp)
Old 06-21-2006, 04:11 PM
Courtier

Wow...Mathilde really does look pregnant! What a nice thought. :)

www.one.org
Old 06-21-2006, 04:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

Oh come on she's not pregnant, it's baby fat from her third pregnancy, or from 3 pregnancies in 5 years time, what do I know. Her body's changed just like any normal woman's body does after having children. It seems a hard thing to accept for a lot of people.

The blue dress she's wearing is the same she wore for the Finnish state visit to Belgium in 2004.

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...hlight=finnish
Old 06-21-2006, 04:43 PM
Courtier

Well that dress doesn't flatter Mathilde then.
Old 06-21-2006, 05:08 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

I think mathilde's dress looks great, very beautiful IMO. Maybe she just isn't standing straight or something? All ladies are looking good btw.
Old 06-21-2006, 05:15 PM
Courtier

To tell the truth: I didn´t like the gown in 2004, but this time it is lovely. And I don´t think this tiny picture can give proof of a possible pregnancy. It´s just an a-line dress, that´s flaring gently wider toward the bottom.
I remember the pregnancy discussion in 2004 (around the weddings in May); nearly everybody was sure that she was pregnant – and was to be mistaken. And many were surprised about the announcement in April 2005. So relax, time will show - sooner or later.

Tags
belgium, crown prince willem-alexander, king albert ii, prince of orange, prince willem alexander, princess maxima, queen beatrix, queen paola, state visit