Dutch State Visit to Belgium: June 20-22, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
what a lovely dress of maxima! it's just so elegant... definetely stunning.

i love mathilde's curls, she looks perfectly princessy.

i really doubt any other royals can look so professional than the benelux royals. they always seem to look just in the point in this kind of events. everything looked (and looks..) so planned and perfect in terms of looks and organisation.

that's a really impressive schedule w-a and maxima are following... thailand, mongolia, belgium, germany and in only a week and a half...

Hmmm...I quickly skimmed through all the comments and I'm not sure if someone's picked out the most surprising lady at the banquet...........ta-daaaaaaa! Queen Fabiola!
She wore that dress some (I'm pretty sure) 30 years ago and got back into it with ease!!! Now, how many women can lay claim to THAT!??? :rolleyes:

fraxales said:
Hmmm...I quickly skimmed through all the comments and I'm not sure if someone's picked out the most surprising lady at the banquet...........ta-daaaaaaa! Queen Fabiola!
She wore that dress some (I'm pretty sure) 30 years ago and got back into it with ease!!! Now, how many women can lay claim to THAT!??? :rolleyes:

Well, I had the same impression when I saw Queen Fabiola, as I remember I've seen some pictures of a young Fabiola wearing THAT dress.

Love the hair and what a beeautiful dress of Mathilde !:)

She doesn't look very assured, that's not strange, because everybody is talking about her belly

Snoepy said:
She doesn't look very assured, that's not strange, because everybody is talking about her belly
So who is everybody? Some folks at TRF and somewhere else? I think we should not overrate our impact ;).

Thanks heaps johann for the pics!! :D
The blue dress really doesn't flatter Mathilde at all, which is sad because she looks fantastic in that colour
Claire looks absolutely wonderful in the creamy-gold dress from today
And I totally didn't recognise Paola in the pic of her with Constantijn, Albert & Beatrix!!

Some more pictures from ANP from the gala dinner..close ups from Mathilde

And some close ups from Maxima as wel source ANP.. btw love her hair

Queen Beatrix (L) accompanied by Liege Province Governor Michel Foret arrives 22 June 2006 for a visit at the Liege provincial house

from anp

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    55.1 KB · Views: 244
  • 11.JPG
    11.JPG
    30.1 KB · Views: 234
  • 12.JPG
    12.JPG
    34.9 KB · Views: 179
  • 13.JPG
    13.JPG
    33.6 KB · Views: 199
  • 14.JPG
    14.JPG
    51.5 KB · Views: 244
  • 15.JPG
    15.JPG
    23.8 KB · Views: 295
  • 16.JPG
    16.JPG
    28.5 KB · Views: 268
  • 17.JPG
    17.JPG
    40.5 KB · Views: 229
  • 3211742.jpg
    3211742.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 232
  • 3211748.jpg
    3211748.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 293
Last edited:
haha, no i mean that i also have read it in a few magazines..

fraxales said:

:) Maybe she has a good seamstress to let it out a bit just as my mother did when I was younger, and had grown a bit, and I could not get a new dress yet. ;)
No, all joking apart, it seems to me that she is a woman with a constitution that becomes more and more fragile by the years, so its possible.

By the way I dont see her on any picture of the concert. At other times she often attends the second evening. And because it was a concert I expected that she would be present too. :confused: Does anybody know if she was or not?

some additions from today’s visit in Liege/Luik (anp, belga)

Last edited:
More from anp

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 270
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 210
and some more (Belga, anp)

Somebody sleepy after three days full of visits, receptions…..;)

Last edited:
johann said:
Somebody sleepy after three days full of visits, receptions…..;)

Caption for this pic:

Huh! She can close her eyes and get away with it! I close them and some people would think I'm being rude!

Pitty

sesa said:
Caption for this pic:

Huh! She can close her eyes and get away with it! I close them and some people would think I'm being rude!

I doubt that she will be glad when she sees this picture. I think she will feel rather embarrassed.
Pitty, she looked so good and happy on the pictures of the last days.

JessRulz said:
Thanks heaps johann for the pics!! :D
The blue dress really doesn't flatter Mathilde at all, which is sad because she looks fantastic in that colour
Claire looks absolutely wonderful in the creamy-gold dress from today
And I totally didn't recognise Paola in the pic of her with Constantijn, Albert & Beatrix!!

I agree about Mathilde and Claire. The outfits of Mathilde were very boring, imo. By opposite, Claire was fantastic in that creamy-gold dress, simple but radiant.
I liked a lot how Máxima presented herself these days. This last gala dress is just beautiful and suits her very, very well!! I wish she could be always like this, and not with a exagerate make-up or those ugly big hats she uses sometimes.

Thank you for all who posted all these pics!

Johann, thank you for posting the photos at Laeken, both from the dinner and the reception afterwards. The effect of all those beautiful, glittering gowns and jewels against the greenery and the lighting is wonderful -- Gatsby-esque! And I enjoyed seeing the large photos inside the Castle during the dinner. What a gorgeous environment for a dinner. Does anyone know what time the dinner was? It looked very light outside the windows and I was under the impression this was late at night but perhaps not.

Emily said:
Johann, thank you for posting the photos at Laeken, both from the dinner and the reception afterwards. The effect of all those beautiful, glittering gowns and jewels against the greenery and the lighting is wonderful -- Gatsby-esque! And I enjoyed seeing the large photos inside the Castle during the dinner. What a gorgeous environment for a dinner. Does anyone know what time the dinner was? It looked very light outside the windows and I was under the impression this was late at night but perhaps not.
The group-photo was scheduled for 20:25h, the gala-dinner for 21:00h and the reception in the Green Houses for 22:20h CEST (se royalblog.nl). This correspondents with the information memorised in the royalimages-pics (you have to add 1h daylight saving time. They forgot to clear it, I love these mistakes:D). According to this information it seems that the dinner overrun its time a little. It’s light outside until 21:45h.

Thank you, Johann. Since we are on a similar latitude, I was curious about the time. Here right now it is dark about 9:00, though. One other comment -- who is the dinner partner making Maxima laugh so hard in post #164? Those are two funny photos!

I read in the Belgian newspaper "Gazet van Antwerpen" yesterday that the court officially denied that Princess Mathilde would be pregnant again.

Jelka said:
I read in the Belgian newspaper "Gazet van Antwerpen" yesterday that the court officially denied that Princess Mathilde would be pregnant again.

Yes Jelka , i road the same in my newspaper" Het belang van Limburg" !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom