The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Belgium

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-21-2006, 12:24 AM
Commoner

hairdo

I do not like the hairdo of Mathilde and Astrid.
You can see directly that the hairs are wrong.

Old 06-21-2006, 12:46 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxie
I think it ressembles a bit the contrast between the two countries. Dutch people tend to be a bit louder and more outspoken (and not always in a good way that is) than Belgians are. Of course this is in general, because I know some quite outspoken Belgians and a lot of modest Dutchies too.
So true, Maxie! The contrast Alexandria brought up is indeed exactly the way I tend to think about the very difference of these two neighboring countries!
"Introverted elegance", I love that phrase, as it sums up exactly what I appreciate so much in the Belgians (if I may generalize!) :) It also applies to its culture, its incredible food, its charming, gorgeous cities..Gent, Antwerpen, Brugge..for those of you who've never visited..by all means do! Belgium is completely underrated, tourist-wise, I think. But I'm digressing here.

As for the royal 'fashion show', I think as far as the gala looks go, Claire is the clear Belle of the Ball. she's not getting a foot wrong. Princess Astrid looked incredibly elegant as well.

Maxima's trying to pull a JAckie indeed, and doing a great job of it, but her face seems overly made up or something, as if she's fighting fatigue (not unlikely considering what she's been up to lately..)
Same for Mathilde, weird make-up, as some of you have already said. Oh and those hair extensions..kudo's to the woman for trying, but they look BLACK to me! Maybe it's the camera's doing..

By the way, not a picture of the Duke of Parma?
Or is he attendingthe events tomorrow only?

Old 06-21-2006, 02:11 AM
Aristocracy

Wow, great pictures! Thank you so much for the wonderful pictures!Maxima looks great with the curls!
Old 06-21-2006, 03:08 AM

I really love the yellow dress Maxima was wearing on the first day of the visit. It is so Jacky Kennedy like.
The hair-do of Mathilda is very elegant on the state-banquet. It suits her very well.
Old 06-21-2006, 03:18 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

Great pictures!

Princess Maxima looked really stunning! I love her dress! She seems to have a new favourite Tiara (The Diamond Bandeau ). It looks nice on her!

Great to see Beatrix with a huge Tiara again! She must have had a look at this Forum!
Paola looked elegant as usual!

Mathilde looked so different with this Make-up and Hairdo! But she looked really beautiful! :) I love this Tiara!

Old 06-21-2006, 03:37 AM
Heir Presumptive

Photos from Royal Images

Old 06-21-2006, 04:00 AM
Courtier

Obviously Philippe opened his purse and invested in some jewels recently. Mathilde is not only wearing new earrings but also a new ring on her right hand. I don´t think she has done this before; normally she only wears her wedding band and her engagement ring. It looks like a Pomellato-creation to me and I rather think that Mette –Marit has something similar.

Some different pics from belga

Old 06-21-2006, 04:01 AM
Heir Presumptive

i like Mathilda's new hair but not that makeup. its a borderline goth-ish. it doenst suit her fair coloring. she should go for softer tints.
Old 06-21-2006, 04:11 AM
Commoner

My $2 (pesos)
Jackie Kennedy was very admired here for her elegance and class, till the very end. Maybe that's why Máxima chose those clothes.
A question: are those hats (Matilde's and Queen Paola's) sort of normal hats or are they special, for special meetings (weddings, etc.)?
Prince Wilhelm should go to another barber to have his hair cut, don't you think? It looks like Amalia's been playing with Mommy's scissors on Daddy's hair. Philip looks OK, short hair, well-combed. Astrid looks quite uncomfortable, sort of balancing her 'bun' (? I mean all that long hair on a bun. What's the right word for that (in any language, please)?) on her head. And whatever happened to Laurent, it must be hurting a lot, judging by his face!
OK, ok, don't mind me. I'm just a guy (trying to get rid of that message: it looks as if you haven't posted for some time. Why don't you ...?).
Tomorrow, Tuesday, Máxima and William are attending the football match between Holland and Argentina. We'll have a chance to see them again.
Take care!
Alejandro
Old 06-21-2006, 05:41 AM
Courtier

Video of the first day
http://www.vtm.be/nieuws/index_bekijkonline.htm
Follow this link and go to " Dinsdag 20/06, laat " and then click on breedband or modem , right at the beginning of the news (till 5:25 min) you can see a summary of the gala-dinner (speeches King Albert and Queen Beatrix about the relationship between Belgium and the Netherlands) and the daytime events in Antwerp (arrival in Antwerp, balcony scene Brussels and something about the demonstrations).
Old 06-21-2006, 05:52 AM
Aristocracy

Mathilde looked so radiant and gorgeous ! I realy loved her hair
http://img145.imageshack.us/my.php?i...60620696hb.jpg
also the back of her dress is beautiful....

Also Maxima , Claire , Paola and Beatrix looked good.
I don't know about Astrid and Fabiola

And if we're talking about being pregnant , in this picture it look likes Maxima is pregnant again ...
http://img146.imagevenue.com/img.php...2_71249674.jpg
Old 06-21-2006, 06:10 AM
Courtier

And seegerpress has some pics too…

Old 06-21-2006, 06:11 AM
Courtier

the second batch (seegerpress)

Old 06-21-2006, 06:29 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Luxembourg
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by GömdNatt
Maxima and Willem are wearing The Order of Leopold, it is a Belgian order. the highest belgian order, in fact.
Are you sure that Maxima & W-A are wearing the Order of Leopold? Because their sashes are a different colour then Beatrix's, and I'm assuming the Queen would have the highest order of the foreign country, so shouldn't their sashes be the same colour? If you look at close-up pictures, you can see that Beatrix's sash is the bright purple, while Maxima & W-A's are a reddy-maroon colour

Oh, BTW, thanks everyone for the lovely pictures!
All the women look brilliant, but I think Astrid's hair could come down at least an inch or two
I wasn't too keen on Mathilde's red hat, it looked like someone had taken a piece of red plastic tubing and fashioned it into a hat.
Old 06-21-2006, 06:39 AM
Courtier

…and today Albert and his Queens take the boat. The first pics from Ghent (polfoto, anp).

Old 06-21-2006, 07:28 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Luxembourg
Royal Blogger

Some more from the Boat Trip

Some from Day 1 - Visit to the Flemish-Dutch House Huis de Buren

Source: Belga
Old 06-21-2006, 07:41 AM
Courtier

… some more (Belga)

and Albert is a real knight and gives his coat to Beatrix - smashing!
Old 06-21-2006, 08:21 AM
Nobility

Wow elegant queen Beatrixs hat and beautiful all photos on young royal couple Maxima and Mathilde gala tonight!!!! Queen Fabiola is old grand lady love royal family of Belgium. Queen Fabiola with young royal family on photo and she is see out alert for his old age!!!
Old 06-21-2006, 08:32 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessRulz
Are you sure that Maxima & W-A are wearing the Order of Leopold? Because their sashes are a different colour then Beatrix's, and I'm assuming the Queen would have the highest order of the foreign country, so shouldn't their sashes be the same colour? If you look at close-up pictures, you can see that Beatrix's sash is the bright purple, while Maxima & W-A's are a reddy-maroon colour
Yes, they are indeed different orders.

Queen Beatrix wore the Order of Leopold I, which has a purple coloured sash, and the Prince of Orange and Princess Máxima wore the Order of the Crown, which has a crimson coloured sash.

King Albert and Queen Paola wore the Order of the Dutch Lion, and the Duke and Duchess of Brabant the Order of Oranje-Nassau.

http://members3.boardhost.com/Oranje...150845584.html
Old 06-21-2006, 08:54 AM
Courtier

And flowers for the ladies (Belga)

Tags
belgium, crown prince willem-alexander, king albert ii, prince of orange, prince willem alexander, princess maxima, queen beatrix, queen paola, state visit