The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-10-2014, 08:13 AM
Courtier

Queen Fabiola on the cover of "Point de vue" magazine.
revue2presse.fr - La Une de l'hebdomadaire Point de vue

Old 12-10-2014, 08:30 AM
Heir Presumptive

Politici groeten Fabiola laatste keer | VTM NIEUWS

Old 12-10-2014, 08:38 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROYAL NORWAY View Post
These have confirmed that they will attend the funeral of Queen Fabiola

UK?
Netherlands?
Spain?
Japan Empress Michiko.
Norway King Harald V and Princess Astrid.
Denmark Queen Margrethe II.
Sweden King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia.
Luxembourg Grand Duke Henri, Grand Duchess Maria Teresa, Grand Duke Jean, Guillaume, Stephanie and other members of the family.
Belgian Newspapers stated as official that princess Beatrix would come, as well as King Felipe with his mother Queen Sofia. Strange that it is not confirmed if they write it (it's on the paper version, not even on their website)

Queen Mathilde
Old 12-10-2014, 08:48 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by zarat View Post
Queen Fabiola on the cover of "Point de vue" magazine.
revue2presse.fr - La Une de l'hebdomadaire Point de vue

It's gorgeous but is that a current cover?? It reads "Farewell to a legendary Queen" but the rest of the cover is discussing royals who have passed on....also the format is old.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice" MLK Jr 1929-1968
Old 12-10-2014, 08:53 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

It says that it is the number of 10-16 december 2014 on the left. It also talks about the state visit of the king and queen of Sweden to France, which was last week.
Old 12-10-2014, 09:28 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula View Post
No official confirmation, but according to the magazine Hola, King Felipe, Queen Letizia and Queen Sofia will attend the funeral of Queen Fabiola

Los reyes Felipe y Letizia y la reina Sofía asistirán al funeral de la reina Fabiola de Bélgica
Given the fact, that she was Spanish, this is a great move to Show "multiple presence"
BYe Bine
Old 12-10-2014, 09:58 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
It's gorgeous but is that a current cover?? It reads "Farewell to a legendary Queen" but the rest of the cover is discussing royals who have passed on....also the format is old.
It's the new cover.
Old 12-10-2014, 10:00 AM
Nobility

Prince Moulay Rachid will represent his brother King Mohammed VI at queen Fabiola's funeral

Queen Mathilde
Old 12-10-2014, 11:17 AM
Heir Apparent

I got my personal Invitation I have to show Friday with my ID card?
Entrance since 8 .30 until 9.00
Tenue sombre de ville,
Pour les militaires : tenue de cérémonie 2B
Pour les Magistrats : toge
Sans décoration.
Old 12-10-2014, 11:33 AM
Heir Presumptive

Koningin Fabiola

This article says that King Juan Carlos will attend together with Queen Sofia, while another article says that King Felipe, Queen Letizia and Queen Sofia will attend.
Old 12-10-2014, 01:53 PM
Heir Apparent

I have a ?
In Belgium, is it customary to leave the coffin open? Don't mean to offend anybody, but to me, that's gross.

I just saw a pic of QF open casket, and it was a little frightening!
@ Maria Olivia- I hope you don't mind my asking, but why were you invited?
Old 12-10-2014, 01:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

The funerals that I often went to, all of them had the coffin open, well here in Portugal, I don't know about Belgium. Maybe it's a catholic thing? Tradition? Can't tell.
Old 12-10-2014, 02:00 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Not only in Belgium or Portugal. Every time I went to offer condoleances the coffin was open, at least the upper part. And most times I went to protestant or non-religious funerals in The Netherlands.

I don't understand what is so 'gross' about it. Death is part of life and it is a matter of respect to say farewell in such a way.
Old 12-10-2014, 02:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Gross was probably the wrong word- just couldn't think of the right one!
Old 12-10-2014, 02:12 PM
Imperial Majesty

Their Majesties King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia will attend the family wake and funeral mass of Queen Fabiola.

On Thursday, November 11, Their Majesties King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia will attend at the Royal Palace of Brussels, the family wake, and on Friday 12 they will attend in the Cathedral of St. Michael and St. Gudula, tthe Funeral Mass.

Casa de Su Majestad el Rey de España - Actividades y Agenda - Asistencia a la Misa Funeral por Su Majestad la Reina Fabiola
Old 12-10-2014, 03:08 PM
Serene Highness

Is that the first we've heard of something happening on the Thursday? None of the other foreign royal seem to be attending that (unless they've just not made it public).
Old 12-10-2014, 03:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROYAL NORWAY View Post
These have confirmed that they will attend the funeral of Queen Fabiola

UK?
Netherlands?
Spain King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia.
Japan Empress Michiko.
Norway King Harald V and Princess Astrid.
Denmark Queen Margrethe II.
Sweden King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia.
Luxembourg Grand Duke Henri, Grand Duchess Maria Teresa, Grand Duke Jean, Guillaume, Stephanie and other members of the family.
Dutch media has confirmed that from the dutch RF P.Beatrix will attend the funeral
Old 12-10-2014, 03:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

Just read that she left all her possessions to a charity she set up when she married. So does that mean jewelry too? Do we think that there is any chance she gave some of it away before she died?
Old 12-10-2014, 03:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess gertrude View Post
Just read that she left all her possessions to a charity she set up when she married. So does that mean jewelry too? Do we think that there is any chance she gave some of it away before she died?
These posts have been posted in this thread
Queen Fabiola Jewellery
Old 12-10-2014, 03:49 PM
Aristocracy

According to the official website of the UK Royal Family, both the Prince of Walees & the Princess Royal have engagements on Friday. With Charles otherwise engaged, it would seem likely that the Duke of Edinburgh may represent the Queen, his health permitting.

Tags
death, fabiola, queen fabiola