Death of Queen Fabiola: December 5, 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Last edited:
The British royal family will according to the Belgian media not attend the funeral of Queen Fabiola, but be represented by the British ambassador to Belgium.
I adore The Queen, and I like Charles, Camilla, William and Catherine, but this surprises me.
The British royal family has been present at every major royal funeral in the past 30 years.

Emperor Hirohito's funeral in 1989. The Duke of Edinburgh.
King Olav's funeral in 1991. Charles.
King Baudouin's funeral in 1993. The Queen.
Queen Ingrid's funeral in 2000. Charles.
Grand Duchess Josephine Charlotte's funeral in 2005. Andrew.
Prince Rainier's funeral in 2005. Andrew.

The funeral of HRH Prince Claus of the Netherlands in 2002: HRH The Prince of Wales (the Duke of Edinburgh was in Canada with the Queen)

The funeral of HM Queen Juliana of the Netherlands in 2004: HRH The Duke of Edinburgh

The funeral of HRH Prince Bernhard of the Netherlands in 2004: HRH The Duke of Edinburgh

:flowers:

Last edited:
I thought of Queen Fabiola today and it irritates me that she was treated so badly the last two years. I get sad when I see the empty streets during the funeral, and let us admit that it was not just because of the weather.

Received this information care of the Benelux Royals Message board:

Belgian mail has released a set of new stamps featuring the late Queen Fabiola. This very attractive series will be available from January 26 in the larger Post offices or via http://eshop.bpost.be/ & costs 7,20 euros.

2cf7fb5aa2ca3d2b1877674627c56c04.jpg

The stamps are very beautiful , and it is nice to see the former royal couple on some stamps. I like a lot.

Received this information care of the Benelux Royals Message board:

Belgian mail has released a set of new stamps featuring the late Queen Fabiola. This very attractive series will be available from January 26 in the larger Post offices or via http://eshop.bpost.be/ & costs 7,20 euros.

2cf7fb5aa2ca3d2b1877674627c56c04.jpg

What a beautifully elegant way to pay tribute to a beautiful elegant Lady. They are lovely and Thank You for sharing them w/us.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

What a beautiful sheet of stamps. I wish they were available here in Denmark as well.

The stamps are a wonderful tribute to her late Majesty.

What a beautiful sheet of stamps. I wish they were available here in Denmark as well.

Because there's an online vendor which will sell them beginning January 26, I'm hoping they will ship to USA. Maybe you could purchase online and they will post to Denemark :flowers:

In Belgium we have to wait until Monday 26 th to buy them. (75.000)

Back
Top Bottom