The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Belgium
Click Here to Login

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-06-2019, 07:15 AM
Heir Apparent

I saw a picture in Paris Match: Princess Yolande , Mrs Townsend presented her husband to Prince laurent. Hugo Townsend remain sitting and looked very frail.

Old 03-06-2019, 02:54 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

I only spotted the Grand Duke in the photos, who else was there from the Grand Ducal Family at the Memorial Mass?

27th of March 1615:Death of Marguerite de Valois,Queen of Navarre
Old 03-06-2019, 04:26 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
I only spotted the Grand Duke in the photos, who else was there from the Grand Ducal Family at the Memorial Mass?
Grand Duke Jean as well as Grand Duke Henri and Grand Duchess Maria Theresa were present IIRC; as were Princess Margaretha but they were the only ones I could find. The PM of Luxembourg was also there.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 03-06-2019, 05:26 PM
Heir Apparent

I did not see the Grand Duchess and no one of her Children.
The Prince and the Princess de Ligne , Prince lamoral de Ligne and Princess Sophie de Ligne. Next to Prince Guillaume and Princess Sybilla , Mrs de Podesta , born Princess of Hohenberg.
Old 03-06-2019, 05:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
Mrs de Podesta , born Princess of Hohenberg.
Isn't she a Baroness de Potesta?
Old 03-07-2019, 05:45 AM
Heir Apparent

Yes indeed, her husband was there too.
Old 03-08-2019, 05:15 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
Grand Duke Jean as well as Grand Duke Henri and Grand Duchess Maria Theresa were present IIRC; as were Princess Margaretha but they were the only ones I could find. The PM of Luxembourg was also there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
I did not see the Grand Duchess and no one of her Children.
The Prince and the Princess de Ligne , Prince lamoral de Ligne and Princess Sophie de Ligne. Next to Prince Guillaume and Princess Sybilla , Mrs de Podesta , born Princess of Hohenberg.
This made me realise I now know An Ard Ri meant today's mass rather than the funeral - that was a poor mistake on my part!

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank