The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-19-2008, 02:09 PM
Heir Apparent

I love the room that they are posing in. The decorations are absolutely beautiful. I agree, Laurent and Claire did not look too thrilled to be there. Perhaps the camera caught them during an off moment. Mathilde looks perfect.

Old 12-19-2008, 02:38 PM
Heir Apparent

I am not sure about Claire, but I think Laurent only attends these events because the King and Queen insist that he do so. I can just sense that he is bored out of his mind.

As for Mathilde's weight, she is a woman in her thirties who has given birth to four children in quick succession. Unless she is one of the lucky ones who stay thin after several children(Princess Caroline of Hanover) it is going to take her awhile to get back into shape. She dresses so well that it doesn't matter, she looks flawless.

Old 12-19-2008, 06:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

Gallery Purepeople
PHOTOS : La princesse Mathilde de Belgique est un vrai sapin de Noël !
Old 12-19-2008, 06:43 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgl View Post
I agree, Laurent and Claire did not look too thrilled to be there. Perhaps the camera caught them during an off moment.
You mean they both have good moments? I am sorry but I could not resist my comment. These two are quite the duo that never seem comfortable being who they are. The King must insist on their presence because Laurent always gives me the impression that if he could lead a life a complete anonymity he would. Not that that would be a bad thing just that I wish they could act as though they enjoy being royalty in a more convincing way.
Old 12-19-2008, 06:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora810 View Post
You mean they both have good moments? I am sorry but I could not resist my comment. These two are quite the duo that never seem comfortable being who they are. The King must insist on their presence because Laurent always gives me the impression that if he could lead a life a complete anonymity he would. Not that that would be a bad thing just that I wish they could act as though they enjoy being royalty in a more convincing way.
Princess Claire usually seems cheerful and gracious enough, maybe this just wasn't her day-who knows?

But Laurent for sure looks like he attends these things only under Royal duress!
Old 12-19-2008, 07:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora810 View Post
Actually, that comment was directed more toward Claire than Laurent. She usually seems cheerful. He has had his share of less than cheerful expressions caught on film.

I wish that the children had been able to attend. The royal children are so cute, and a picture of the entire family would have been nice. Was Queen Fabiola also present? I don't recall seeing her in any of the photos.
Old 12-20-2008, 09:20 AM
Royal Highness

CP Philippe and CP Mathilde enjoy festive entertainment.

The heir to the Belgian thone and his wife joined family members, including Philippe's parents Queen Paola and King Albert, for an evening of music at the annual royal palace's Christmas concert in Brussels.

Latest celebrity news and world news in pictures - hellomagazine.com, HELLO!

http://www.hola.com/casasreales/gale...g&subseccion=0

Royalportraits
Old 12-20-2008, 02:42 PM

The children weren't there because it was a school day. You would have heard the press if they had brought them... And Eléonore is just too small for something like this.

The room is in the Royal Palace in Brussels, sgl, if you're ever in Belgium during the end of summer you can visit it. It's really impressive.

I'm not sure why Queen Fabiola didn't attend though, I think she was scheduled to visit the concert.