Belgium's National Day - 21 July 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Normally I would run screaming from an outfit like that but Princess Claire makes it work somehow.

I think she is adorable, a great addition to the BRF.

I adore Claire, but this outfit is a disaster. The too-short balloon skirt, then the straight lines of the design of the jacket with color blocks all topped off by a fantasy hat which would look better with a flirty dress. The shoes are too open and bare - the whole thing is a mess.
Claire looks like she is competing with Mabel in this outfit.
This designer did not do Claire any favors even if it was a freebie.

Claire looked fantastic today, for me she was the best dressed today

Mathilde and Claire both look beautiful today. Did the children not attend any event surrounding National Day? I would have loved to see pics of Amedeo:wub: and the other children

Last edited:
Hello!

I've met some members of Belgian Royal Family the end of this afternoon!

At the Royal Parc, I've met the Queen Paola and the King Albert II and also the 1er Minister Leterme. I've exchanged some words with the Queen Paola and accepted to get photographed for me :) How is beautiful our Queen Paola!

During the visit of Bellevue Museum, I've met personnaly the Queen Fabiola, always very talkative and absolutely excited and curious! It's not my first time of meeting the Queen Fabiola in the real life, but I really love Fabiola, very touching and charming.

And the other visit about the Royal Suppliers, I've met the Princess Astrid and talkative with her, give my personnal letter for her. I've asked her if she can accepted to post as photographed with me. Of course ! I'm absotuley excited! :flowers: The Princess Astrid is a woman with a great heart and compassion, very charming, and naturel.

I can post some personal pictures from Royal Familly.

What's a Royal Afternoon for me and I am a lucky man !!!! :flowers:

Hello!

I've met some members of Belgian Royal Family the end of this afternoon!

At the Royal Parc, I've met the Queen Paola and the King Albert II and also the 1er Minister Leterme. I've exchanged some words with the Queen Paola and accepted to get photographed for me :) How is beautiful our Queen Paola!

During the visit of Bellevue Museum, I've met personnaly the Queen Fabiola, always very talkative and absolutely excited and curious! It's not my first time of meeting the Queen Fabiola in the real life, but I really love Fabiola, very touching and charming.

And the other visit about the Royal Suppliers, I've met the Princess Astrid and talkative with her, give my personnal letter for her. I've asked her if she can accepted to post as photographed with me. Of course ! I'm absotuley excited! :flowers: The Princess Astrid is a woman with a great heart and compassion, very charming, and naturel.

I can post some personal pictures from Royal Familly.

What's a Royal Afternoon for me and I am a lucky man !!!! :flowers:

You are so lucky! I'd love to meet them! It's so funny hearing how talkative Queen Fabiola is, even now that she is older....I read that when her husband was alive it sometimes exasperated him "Tu parles trop!" he would tell her!

And of course he was just the exact opposite!

Is CP Mathilde wearing a hair extension? I am not sure how I feel about that outfit, I don't like that shade of green at all.

But once again, she is so radiant. I am going to start calling her The LightBulb or The Candle because she always glows!

Nice pics. thanks! Ehm, seems none of the grandchildren of King & Queen were present this year...:rolleyes:

It was sad to see the rain falling on them and it was so cold
I love Claire's outfit and especially the "Belgian" bag !

It was sad to see the rain falling on them and it was so cold
I love Claire's outfit and especially the "Belgian" bag !

Does Belgium normally have cold, rainy summers? That sounds strange for someone like me, who is experiencing the blazing hot California weather.

I love Mathilde, she is my favorite CP. But that outfit is just awful, and since she still hasn't lost her pregnancy weight I don't think it's a good choice for her.

you're right CaliforniaDreamin!! She looked heavy! But i like the dress for the service. The little hat is cute! Claire look great but bad choice for a National Day... could have been great for Royal Ascot.... I don't like the pic of Claire with the designer.... not fit for a Royal!! She's a Princess not a movie star.

Nice pics. thanks! Ehm, seems none of the grandchildren of King & Queen were present this year...

Prince Joachim, the second son of Princess Astrid and Prince Lorenz, is on some of the pictures of the defile and the concert. [From PPE for instance]

Prince Joachim, the second son of Princess Astrid and Prince Lorenz, is on some of the pictures of the defile and the concert. [From PPE for instance]

I meant on the ceremonies on the National Day(21st July);).

Apparently prince Laurent fell asleep during the defile and princess Claire had to wake him up; did anybody see a picture of that?

Apparently prince Laurent fell asleep during the defile and princess Claire had to wake him up; did anybody see a picture of that?

What?! LOL! I saw a photo of Claire extending her arm to him, was that it?!

I can't help it, I like Laurent. He cracks me up!

I meant on the ceremonies on the National Day(21st July);).

:)For me the defile on te 21st july is one of the ceremonies of the National Day [But I am Dutch so I can be wrong :ermm:]
I have seen a picture at PPE with Princes Astrid greeting Princes Claire, with Prince Joachim in te background.:)

You are so lucky! I'd love to meet them! It's so funny hearing how talkative Queen Fabiola is, even now that she is older....I read that when her husband was alive it sometimes exasperated him "Tu parles trop!" he would tell her!

And of course he was just the exact opposite!

Thanks a lot ! Yeah you are totally right, The Queen Fabiola is a real talkative but always charming words, I find her very intellectual as well, she really impressionned to me. She was a Great Lady Queen of Belgian when our King Baudouin was alive of course .... and it doesn't doubt that our Queen Fabiola is the most preferred to almost of Belgians !
You know, next week exactly, the 31th July, the King Baudouin already passed away ........... 15 years ! I was at the funeral and saw his open coffin at the Royal Palace... very sad...

Thanks a lot ! Yeah you are totally right, The Queen Fabiola is a real talkative but always charming words, I find her very intellectual as well, she really impressionned to me. She was a Great Lady Queen of Belgian when our King Baudouin was alive of course .... and it doesn't doubt that our Queen Fabiola is the most preferred to almost of Belgians !
You know, next week exactly, the 31th July, the King Baudouin already passed away ........... 15 years ! I was at the funeral and saw his open coffin at the Royal Palace... very sad...

Oh yes. That's a very sad anniversary indeed. Fifteen years already. And you were there at the Royal Palace!

I have always wondered why His Majesty's face was covered with that sheer veil when he was lying in State?

Oh yes. That's a very sad anniversary indeed. Fifteen years already. And you were there at the Royal Palace!

I have always wondered why His Majesty's face was covered with that sheer veil when he was lying in State?

I've been several times at the Royal Palace :flowers: You know, all public can visit for free at the Royal Palace during one month each summer after the Belgium's National Day, especially starting 1st August till mi-september I think. But the most wonderful of visit, it's the Covered Tropical Flowers in the Castle of Laeken each May, it's very amazing and more great than the Castle !!!!

I was very touched and troubled of seeing the open coffin of His Majesty Baudouin but I don't know why the reason that he was covered with sheer (opposite to the open coffin of Prince Rainier III without sheer) Maybe I think it's due to respect of catholic religion, the King Baudouin was deeply and strongly believed in Catholic religion. But you have a very good question about that!

Kinds Regards !

CaliforniaDreamin said:
Does Belgium normally have cold, rainy summers? That sounds strange for someone like me, who is experiencing the blazing hot.

Well, our belgian weather is always changed and imprevisible every day like to Ireland or the Bretagne of France, our weather is sometime mild all the year, rarely cold, rarely very hot. One example, last May, it was very hot, but last June, it's the most rainy and cold for the moment (in this year, it's exceptionnal due to very bad weather). I agree with you it's very strange :) Our summer is the most humid of the year.
Today, it was a very sunny day and a bit hot :)

Last edited by a moderator:
so the little children didn't there?I wanna see my lovest Elisabeth but cannot see any little royal

The little ones weren't attending. The reason that Elisabeth was attending two years ago was because of the Begians celebrating the 175th anniversary of Belgium. :)

I think Mathilde has worn better outfits during the last couple of years (understatement of the century) but it was lovely to see her again nevertheless. I liked the fun touch of princess Claire's attire. :queen4:

The King was covered in the veil because of the stench. He had been dead a few days, it was blazing hot in Motril, and apparently also in Belgium back then. (Hm, déjà vu...) Queen Paola, then Crown Princess, suggested covering the coffin in the veil because it is supposed to stop the body from changing and smelling in the heat. She remembered it from when she was living in Italy. In fact, they used some kind of curtain from a newly decorated office from one of the secretaries or something.

I saw the King and Queen in their open Lincoln (or whatever american car it is), then Queen Fabiola and the Crown Prince and Princess when they drove up to the défilé... But I forgot my camera...:bang:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom