But she prefers to sit with dad
[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto
http://www.seegerpress-online.de/see...5100284&string

At the end she is waving
Old 07-22-2007, 01:55 PM
Aristocracy

Princess Claire was wearing the same vest she wore at the national day in 2004 when she was walking through the park. I didn't like the outfit than and I didn't like it the way she was wearing it yesterday (with jeans) but she is a beautiful and elegant woman.
Belgium's National Day- 2004 (in 2004) (if you follow this link you see pictures of Claire in the first post at the top of the page)
http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/9946/1000377tx5.jpg (yesterday)

stephanievl thank you very much for all this pictures. You must have spent some time searching them all.
Old 07-22-2007, 02:24 PM
Heir Apparent

I hope to see Elisabeth with her parents on Te Deum but we will have so many time to see her in the future.

Great to see the RF again.
Old 07-22-2007, 04:31 PM
Serene Highness
Picture of the Month Representative - Belgium

Supload.com // Free Image Hosting
Old 07-22-2007, 04:32 PM
Commoner

Princess Claire wearing jeans on the National Day.... even if it was for the afternoon activities i think it's a bad choice... and Princess Mathilde's outfit is awful... perfect for Ascot's Week but not for Belguim's National day!! :-(
Old 07-22-2007, 04:49 PM
Serene Highness
Picture of the Month Representative - Belgium

Which outfitt of princess MAthilde you find awfull? She wore 3 outfitts yesterday
Old 07-22-2007, 05:00 PM
Serene Highness

I'm surprised as well to see Claire in jeans. I hate to say this because I don't want it to sound to mean. But, I think Laurent and Claire need to enroll in "How to be Prince/Princess" school. In most of the pictures I saw of Laurent at the Military parade he looked and had the body language of an unwelcoming type of person(his arms being folded is such a stand-off-ish move). He looked as if he didn't want anything to do with the parade. Claire has some not so good posture in some pics she looks like she wants to just sink away into the chair and be invisible. And another thing and quite possibly this is the fault of the photographers but there are many pics of Claire and Laurent not smiling or just looking very unready to be photographed. It just seems that they don't like the cameras around and that they are unwilling to at least look the part of royalty. Wow, there is a huge difference between these siblings. Philippe and Mathilde, Astrid and Lorenz and their family all look the part but I can't say that for Laurent and Claire.

Possibly Laurent hasn't warmed up to the press and the public after his recent issues, maybe that is part of it.
Old 07-22-2007, 05:01 PM
Commoner

the one for the military parade stephanievl... sorry i forgot to mention it...
Old 07-22-2007, 05:04 PM
Serene Highness

Here are some additional pictures of yesterday's activities. There is a total of 3 pages.

London Features International Ltd

p.s. Stephanievl, you have been awesome with giving us so many wonderful pictures, thanks.
Old 07-22-2007, 05:32 PM
Serene Highness

I have to agree, this was not Mathilde's best outfit. Just way too busy and too many colors. It's good to see King Albert out and about.
Old 07-22-2007, 10:32 PM
Commoner

She looked beautiful for the Te Deum!! Maybe when she saw that the Queen was also wearing creme she decided to change!!
Old 07-23-2007, 06:45 AM
Aristocracy

I went to Brussels saturday and I've seen queen Paola. She was standing two meters further and there was a lot of security around her. (a pity!)
Old 07-23-2007, 09:47 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

I was there too! And got to see the King and Queens. I was (positively) surprised to see that there was a large audience, I always thought Belgians didn't care for this day.
Old 07-23-2007, 02:26 PM
Courtier

Goodness Gracious! What the heck happened to Mathielde's (I always spell her name wrong!) outfit at the military parade?
It looks as if a entire load of crayons melted or exploded on her!!
I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry!!
I usually love the way she presents herself on such occassions, but today is just awful.
And in contrast to my usual opinions, I actually like Prs. Claire's outfit for the parade. Even her hat I like. But then she had to go and change into that horrid blue/white jacket with jeans. Ugh! At least she did not wear it with the matching pants and hat again!!!!!
And as for Laurent, he needs help. I personally think he needs and attitude adjustment. But that is just my opinion.
Thanks for posting all those pictures. They were wonderful to see.

Tags
21 july, archduke lorenz, belgian royal family, crown prince phillipe, crown princess mathilde, king albert ii, national day, prince laurent, princess astrid, princess claire, queen fabiola, queen paola