Belgium's National Day 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some more pictures of Filip and Mathilde:

Attachments

• preview2.jpg
    preview2.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 286
  • preview1.jpg
    preview1.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 289
  • preview3.jpg
    preview3.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 343
Pics: Reuters

Attachments

• b0.jpg
    b0.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 308
  • b1.jpg
    b1.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 328
  • b2.jpg
    b2.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 313
  • b3.jpg
    b3.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 345
Jelka said:

Thank you Jelka, now I see Mathilde has the same flowers in her hair as on her coat. That counts as a 'hat'. Delicate and beautiful.

Thank you for the pictures Jelka.:) I found the same pictures and was about to post them - great minds think alike.:D Mathilde looks wonderful and I really like her outfit.
Also thank you for the pictures Hannelore.:) I like Paola's outfit too.

In case anyone's wondering...Paola's ensemble is from Natan as well.

Astrid looks fantastic!!! And Mathilda looked beautiful, regardless of whether it was recycled or not!! Everyone was extraordinary!

Jelka said:

Mathilde looks phenomenal and so radiant!

Thank you Jelka for these pictures and Hannelore for the many others of Albert, Paola, Fabiola, and Astrid (who does indeed look spectacular every time I see her of late!). :)

Just been thinking, some of you say you are disappointed that Mathilde wears maternity outfits that she has used in her previous pregnancies. Even if she probably has enough money to buy a new designer maternity outfit every day, I think it's nice that she choose to use them again. Even if you are rich it doesn't mean that you can't economise! And these maternity outfits isn't going to be worn on that many occasions anyway, because she's probably not going to have many more children and thus pack her outfits away. And royal women around Europe do re-use their outfits as they are or with modifications (Queen Sonja, Queen Silvia and Princess Anne often do).

I think it would be vain and selfish of royal women in general, if they didn't re-use their outfits from time to time. Yes, they are fashion role models, but I hope they aren't so vain that they only care about their appearances. As royals they have a great opportunity to help make the world a better place, and most of the royal women are highly educated and intelligent, and does contribute in a valuable way. My impression of Mathilde is just that, a woman who care about more important issues that what she'll wear that day, and I believe she does her fair share of bringing focus to important issues. I really like the way she acts (at least from what I learn from the media and this forum), she seems to me to be a really caring person with her feet solid on the ground.

So perhaps we should look at what she contributes to making the world a better place rather than what she wears?!?

KikkiB said:
Just been thinking, some of you say you are disappointed that Mathilde wears maternity outfits that she has used in her previous pregnancies. Even if she probably has enough money to buy a new designer maternity outfit every day, I think it's nice that she choose to use them again. Even if you are rich it doesn't mean that you can't economise! And these maternity outfits isn't going to be worn on that many occasions anyway, because she's probably not going to have many more children and thus pack her outfits away. And royal women around Europe do re-use their outfits as they are or with modifications (Queen Sonja, Queen Silvia and Princess Anne often do).

I think it would be vain and selfish of royal women in general, if they didn't re-use their outfits from time to time. Yes, they are fashion role models, but I hope they aren't so vain that they only care about their appearances. As royals they have a great opportunity to help make the world a better place, and most of the royal women are highly educated and intelligent, and does contribute in a valuable way. My impression of Mathilde is just that, a woman who care about more important issues that what she'll wear that day, and I believe she does her fair share of bringing focus to important issues. I really like the way she acts (at least from what I learn from the media and this forum), she seems to me to be a really caring person with her feet solid on the ground.

So perhaps we should look at what she contributes to making the world a better place rather than what she wears?!?

Please don't get me wrong KikkiB, I too think it's great when the royals re-use their outfits, and I haven't got a problem with that at all.:) Yes, bringing focus to an important issue is definitely more important than the clothes they're wearing, and I don't expect royals to wear something new everytime. I just always look forward to seeing what the royals are wearing - it's exciting, so when they wear something they've worn before it's like: "Oh, I've already seen that before, but it's still great.:)" Don't know if that makes sense, but that's just what it sounds like in my head. Not always easy to put you voice on paper, or in this case the internet.;)

About 30 min. ago Amedeo marched past the royal tribune in his regiment (the military parade is actually taking place). Astrid smiled when she saw him - very touching. Actually she looked a bit surprised as well. Of course she knew her son was going to march past but it must be a weird thing to see him all off a sudden...Amedeo coudn't suppress a little smile either when he walked past the royal tribune.

Again no Claire (or Laurent). I wonder why. This week she was still out and about looking for a new nanny but working (= sitting on a chair watching a parade) for her country is too much effort? Anyway, I don't know, maybe we'll still get to see her this evening or an explanaition will be given why she wasn't there :(

wow thanks for the pics everyone...i agree with Danielle, the pictures of Albert and Poala holding hand is so cute...and Amadeo and Astrid smiling each other...you can really feel the love in this family ^___^

Photos of the Te Deum in Brussels.

Apart from the king & queen and queen Fabiola other 'special' guests were a delegation of the government and justice, NATO secretary-General De Hoop-Scheffer and president of the European Commission Barroso.

Also the foreign ambassadors.

Attachments

• 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 305
  • 08.jpg
    08.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 348
  • 09.jpg
    09.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 317
  • 07.jpg
    07.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 253
  • 06.jpg
    06.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 317
  • 05.jpg
    05.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 324
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 309
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 275
  • 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 288
  • 00.jpg
    00.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 319
photos from Seegerpress

Attachments

• 18.jpg
    18.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 293
  • 17.jpg
    17.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 347
  • 16.jpg
    16.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 348
  • 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 259
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 273
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 259
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 357
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 277
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 344
Hannelore said:
About 30 min. ago Amedeo marched past the royal tribune in his regiment (the military parade is actually taking place). Astrid smiled when she saw him - very touching. Actually she looked a bit surprised as well. Of course she knew her son was going to march past but it must be a weird thing to see him all off a sudden...Amedeo coudn't suppress a little smile either when he walked past the royal tribune.

Again no Claire (or Laurent). I wonder why. This week she was still out and about looking for a new nanny but working (= sitting on a chair watching a parade) for her country is too much effort? Anyway, I don't know, maybe we'll still get to see her this evening or an explanaition will be given why she wasn't there :(

That's so sweet about Amedeo and Astrid! :) Any pictures of him yet?...I haven't seen any, but that could be me skimming over and missing it by mistake. :eek:

I wonder where Claire and Laurent are. Hopefully they are there this evening or like you said, there's some explaination...I think it's a little odd that they aren't there. :confused:

Thank you so much for the pictures! The color of QP and Mathilde's outfits this morning are beautiful -- so festive! And Astrid looked fantastic at the concert last night - hard to believe this woman has five children! And I agree with all the comments on the clothes -- what I enjoy most about the royal women is the intention and competence they bring to their jobs, the clothes are icing on the cake and recycling them is great; less wasteful. That said, I do enjoy looking at the clothes they wear - and especially this bunch of classy women.

And here finally the first pic of Amedeo:

Attachments

• a84#.jpg
    a84#.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 353
some more of the royal family:

Attachments

• p309#.jpg
    p309#.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 300
  • p310#.jpg
    p310#.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 288
  • p311#.jpg
    p311#.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 352
  • p312#.jpg
    p312#.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 347
  • p313#.jpg
    p313#.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 308
  • p314#.jpg
    p314#.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 280
  • paola31#.jpg
    paola31#.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 337
Belgian Princess Mathilde, Queen Fabiola, Prince Philippe, Queen Paola, King Albert II, Interior Minister Patrick Dewael and Defence Minister Andre Flahaut listen to the national anthem at the end of a military parade in Brussels July 21, 2005. Belgium celebrates the 175th anniversary of its independence and the 25th anniversary of federalism in the country.
Photos from reuters

Attachments

• reuters.jpg
    reuters.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 313
  • r716591950.jpg
    r716591950.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 321
  • r3757765613.jpg
    r3757765613.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 316
  • reuters2.jpg
    reuters2.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 345
  • r1.jpg
    r1.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 277
  • r2.jpg
    r2.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 303
  • r3.jpg
    r3.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 315
  • r4.jpg
    r4.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 270
  • r5.jpg
    r5.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 295
  • r6.jpg
    r6.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 280
and more photos from reuters

Attachments

• r13.jpg
    r13.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 292
  • r12.jpg
    r12.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 272
  • r11.jpg
    r11.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 266
  • r10.jpg
    r10.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 481
  • r8.jpg
    r8.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 300
  • r7.jpg
    r7.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 307
  • r9.jpg
    r9.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 278
#1,2 from Reuters
#3: AAP image
#1,3:Belgian Princess Astrid (L) talks to her son, Prince Joachim, during the military parade in Brussels July 21, 2005.
#2: Belgian Prince Amadeo (C), the son of Prince Lorenz and Princess Astrid, walks with fellow students of the Royal Military School during the military parade in Brussels July 21, 2005.

Attachments

• b1.jpg
    b1.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 394
  • b2.jpg
    b2.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 627
  • BELGIUM_ROYALS_NATIONAL__10.jpg
    BELGIUM_ROYALS_NATIONAL__10.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 447
Last edited:
Photo from HELLO website

Attachments

• belgianspic.jpg
    belgianspic.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 313
Photos of the military parade. Mathilde sat down most of the time, except when the war veterans walked past. A beautiful sign of respect, she clapped for them as well.

It's the last time the war veterans (WWII, Corea, survivors of the concentration camps) participated in the parade, since they're all at least 80 years old. From next year on, they will get a place on the tribunes.

More than 100.000 people had come to watch the parade.

Attachments

• 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 226
  • 09.jpg
    09.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 254
  • 08.jpg
    08.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 297
  • 07.jpg
    07.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 343
  • 06.jpg
    06.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 258
  • 05.jpg
    05.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 309
  • 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 224
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 291
  • 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 307
  • 00.jpg
    00.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 342
Loving all the photos! Thanks for all your work posting and keep 'em coming!

More photos from Newscom

Attachments

• n7.jpg
    n7.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 338
  • n6.jpg
    n6.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 344
  • n5.jpg
    n5.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 281
  • n4.jpg
    n4.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 322
  • n2.jpg
    n2.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 311
  • n1.jpg
    n1.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 281
  • n3.jpg
    n3.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 492
  • s3.jpg
    s3.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 301
  • s2.jpg
    s2.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 274
  • s1.jpg
    s1.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 336
Last edited:
gettyimages

Attachments

• 16.jpg
    16.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 266
  • 18.jpg
    18.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 279
  • 17.jpg
    17.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 281
  • 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 277
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 256
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 284
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 390
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 223
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 323
Catherine,
Do you have any idea why Claire isn't present? Do you think it has to do with being pregnant with twins (understandable) or do rumors persist that she is unhappy in the marriage? Just curious.

Smashing pictures, thanks everyone for the posting efforts!

It seemed like a nice National Day, and they all looked dashing! Perhaps the green isn't Queen Paola's best colour, and a tad too strong (just my humble opinion). We don't get to see a Queen sit like this every day... :D And I must agree with all of you, it's amazing that Princess Astrid has had so many children and still she looks marvelous, like a 20 year old (or something)!

from Polfoto

Attachments

• 30.jpg
    30.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 332
  • 29.jpg
    29.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 378
  • 28.jpg
    28.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 284
  • 27.jpg
    27.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 292
  • 26.jpg
    26.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 343
  • 25.jpg
    25.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 307
  • 23.jpg
    23.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 293
  • 22.jpg
    22.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 269
  • 21.jpg
    21.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 241
  • 20.jpg
    20.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 264
Mette2 said:
Please don't get me wrong KikkiB, I too think it's great when the royals re-use their outfits, and I haven't got a problem with that at all.:) Yes, bringing focus to an important issue is definitely more important than the clothes they're wearing, and I don't expect royals to wear something new everytime. I just always look forward to seeing what the royals are wearing - it's exciting, so when they wear something they've worn before it's like: "Oh, I've already seen that before, but it's still great.:)" Don't know if that makes sense, but that's just what it sounds like in my head. Not always easy to put you voice on paper, or in this case the internet.;)

I quite understand your point of view :) I know that many of the members of this forum are more interested in fashion than I am, and that is quite ok. I am on this forum because I am interested in royals in a historical perspective and also how they contribute to the society by bringing focus on important issues. And the members on this forum do have different intrests, it's just that I felt that it has been a big focus on what the royals wear lately, so I thought I'd speak my mind :) I do respect the different views and interests of my fellow members, so I am sorry if my post annoyed someone, it wasn't my intention, I just had to get it out :)

This post is sort of misplaced in this thread so if someone wish to respond to it please PM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom