Belgian National Day - 21 July 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stephanievl

Heir Apparent
City
n/a
Country
Belgium
Here's a place to post information, pics etc. of the Belgian National Day of 2010.

Current plans according to the website of the Belgian royal family:

- 20 July: the entire royal family attend a concert at the Palais des Beaux Arts in Brussels, entitled "Preludium to the National Day", organized by the Belgian National Orchestra and the International Queen Elisabeth Contest.

- 21 July:
- morning:
King Albert, Queen Paola, Queen Fabiola, Prince Philippe and Princess Mathilde attend the Te Deum at the St. Michael and St. Gudule Cathedral in Brussels
Prinses Astrid and Prince Lorenz attend the Te Deum at the St Quintinus cathedral in Hasselt
Prince Laurent and Princess Claire attend the Te Deum at the St Martinus church in Aarlen

- afternoon:
- the entire family attends the military défilé around 15:00

After the defilé, the entire royal family will visit stands of the "party at warande" in Brussels. Who will visit what is not jet known.

In the evening, princess Astrid and prince Lorenz will be present at the "quire of the European Union' at koningsplein and afterwords the fireworks at Paleizenplein.

Looking forward to the wonderful outfits.

According to ' het belang van limburg' there will be extra security for Queen Fabiola again. Apparently she is still receiving death threats.

Also no Willem tell apple or anything of this kind this year. The royal security demanded her not to make jokes with her aggressor. A sad situation, especially since Fabiola is said to be fed up with the extra security. :sad: However, better be too careful than heading for a drama caused by a sick maniac.

King Albert II of Belgium delivers his annual television and radio speech on
the occasion of the Belgian National day at the Royal Palace in Brussels,
July 20, 2010.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** belga gallery **

And here are the first pics from the concert in the evening:

The Belgian Royal Family attends the Elisabeth Concert at the Palais de
Beaux Arts in Brussels.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** belga gallery **

Last edited:
Wonderful, thanks so much iceflower.:flowers: Why these death threats against Queen Fabiola? She has never been controversial in her life and yet there is/are sick individuals that have to gain attention in a perverted fashion instead of doing something useful with his/hers/their lives. In addition, to threaten an elderly lady is cowardly.

I hope the children will make an appearance like they did a few years ago... now as it was announced rain is starting on the whole of Belgium

Do we have pictures of Laurent, Claire and Astrid and Lorenz attending the mess this morning?

I've looked at all the previous threads, and I couldn't see pictures of them attending the mass in previous years. Unless the pictures were the ones I could not access, do they always attend?

I've looked at all the previous threads, and I couldn't see pictures of them attending the mass in previous years. Unless the pictures were the ones I could not access, do they always attend?

Yes they always attend but in various cities. The King, Queen, Queen Fabiola and Prince Philippe and Princess Mathilde go to Brussels every year.

Laurent and Claire and Astrid and Lorenz always go to other cities. This Year Hasselt and Aarlen.

Ahh thank you for the information. That seems like quite a nice idea.

Mathilde looks beautiful in the parade, I can't wait to see the whole outfit!

Thanks for the photos!
It is nice to see Crown Princely couple interacting with people in the crowd and Queen Fabiola making a public appearance.

Claire outfit looks ok, Mathilde is the only one that changed her outfit for the parade

Claire looks like as if she was going to prom:lol:

Thanks for the photos Sthephanievl :flowers:

Does anyone know if there is a reason behind Mathilde's changes of outfits for every part of the national day?

I think Joachim looks like the grown up version of little Emmanuel

Great Pictures everyone, but why does Prince Laurent alwaya look so mad. I have not seen a picture where he is actually smiling. IMO, he looks like a grouch.:angry:

I'm happy to see Queen Fabiola looking so good and healthy. Some little time ago, she had been pretty sickly, poor lady. :flowers:

Vanesa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom