Belgian National Day - 21 July, 1: 2009-2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LadyLeana , I did not look the parade on TV this year because I was away..but I may believe you .. thanks for what you saw this year.

It's wonderful to see Queen Fabiola participating in a royal event again after her long illness. She looks wonderful. And that apple was just delightful :lol:

It was quite a sight, really.
I must say, I admire Queen Fabiola for mocking those threats so. So like her, though! A touch of humour you never expect.

Little Princess Louise was quite bored with the parade, but she was so fascinated with her father's uniform! I think she's a very lively and imaginative little girl, and I can't wait to see what she will grow up like.

The cutest part of the day, was when Princess Louise saw Princess Laetitia Maria. She waved really happily and then the girls gave each other a hug. All on tv, but I don't know if you can see it in any of the footage available online.

Last edited:
Maybe she's a friend of Maria Laura's who is staying over. They could hardly tell her to spend the afternoon at home alone while they had their duties to attend.

I never really noticed it before, but Maria Laura and Louise look a lot alike. They have the same coloring, and they have similar features.

The cutest part of the day, was when Princess Louise saw Princess Laetitia Maria. She waved really happily and then the girls gave each other a hug. All on tv, but I don't know if you can see it in any of the footage available online.

Are there any pictures showing this?

the girl seated behind Maria Laura followed the princess already at her arrival (you can see it in a video posted above): she looks like an assistant , but is it possible ML needs one?

Or more probably she's a nanny for Letitia Maria and Louise, or a kind of lady-in-waiting,even if she seems to be very young

Lovely celebrations.
Queen Fabiola's apple was the best thing of the day, in my opinion. :lol:
Even the British tabloid Daily Mail, not exactly known for publishing information about Belgian Royals, dedicated a small piece to Queen Fabiola (scroll down to the very end to read it).

After receiving death threats, Belgium's Queen Fabiola responded with swaggering insouciance. For far from locking herself away in her palace, she appeared at an annual military parade to mock her would-be assassins - who had been threatening to shoot her with a crossbow - by waving an apple.

The gesture, a reference to the folk hero William Tell, sent a ripple of laughter through the crowd celebrating Belgium's national day on Tuesday.

Now I've understood the apple...silly me!

Queen Fabiola is such a wonderful woman. I am glad she turned out at the celebrations despite the letters.
All the pictures from the events are wonderful thank you everyone.:flowers:

:flowers:LOL! This is the first I have heard of the Apple Incident...I had been hoping and praying that HM would stay away from the National Day celebrations because of these threats, but I guess I should have known better!

Queen Fabiola is my SHEro! Go Fabiola!!

Prince Amadeo is really the handsomest young prince in Europe...or at the very least one of them. He looks like a film star.

Queen Fabiola and her apple were the best thing happened that day! It's one of the funniest things that I've ever heard. Very nice to see this witty side of her! This is one sassy woman. Anyone has video of her waving her apple?

It wouldn't bother you to send me a link for the express thread, would it? I'm new to this. :)

Last edited:
National day 2014, 21 july 2014.

Sunday, July 20, 2014: King and Queen and other members of the Royal attend the concert "Prelude to National Day" at the Centre for Fine Arts in Brussels. After that they go to the National Bal at the Jeu de Balle in Brussels.

Monday, July 21, 2014: King and Queen and the Royal Family attend the Te Deums, sung on the occasion of the National Day in Brussels (Philippe and Mathilde), Bruges (Astrid and Lorenz) and Namur (Claire and Laurent). In the afternoon they will attend the military parade at the Place des Palais and then visit the Party in the Park. The day will end with the traditional fireworks on the Place des Palais in Brussels.

First pics of the concert tonight:
http://i62.tinypic.com/5eh47o.jpg
http://i62.tinypic.com/65byh1.jpg
http://i58.tinypic.com/am63nr.jpg
http://i57.tinypic.com/2yoebnd.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
this morning there will be the Te Deum in Brussels, Namur and Brugges at the presence of various members of the royal family (don't know the time though). at 15.30 PM there will be the Military Parade in Brussels and the entire royal family will be in attendace (hopefully the children will be attending too)

anyone know if is it possible to watch it online somewhere?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom