The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-22-2017, 03:21 AM
Heir Apparent

Why for the evening Princess Astrid is not setting next to King Philippe ?

Old 07-22-2017, 03:57 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
Why for the evening Princess Astrid is not setting next to King Philippe ?
Why should she be? Philippe is seated between his wife and his heir, I think that's how things should be done.

Old 07-22-2017, 04:23 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by leidi View Post
I think Elisabeth is a mix of her greatgrandmother Astrid and her grandmother Paola.
I think you're right, and they both were very sophisticated beauties.

Leidi is right Maria Olivia, protocol demands the king sits between the Queen and the Heir to throne.
Old 07-22-2017, 05:47 AM
Serene Highness

Astrid had to giggle when the whole family was welcomed but the man didn't say Maria Laura's name. He didn't mention her in both languages and he was standing right in front of them so he probably didn't know who is who.
Old 07-22-2017, 09:36 AM
Aristocracy

Does Princess Astrid not make part of the Belgian army anymore?

She was not uniform at the National Parade, as before.

Hoera for her that she chose a nice dress instead of the uniform.
Old 07-22-2017, 10:08 AM
Heir Apparent

Sorry, I wrote too early this Morning and thought it was Princess Astrid's daughter next to the King. thanks for correcting !
Old 07-22-2017, 10:45 AM
Royal Highness

I'm thinking it was possibly down to her injuries making it too difficult to manage a uniform.
Old 07-22-2017, 02:02 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdm View Post
Astrid had to giggle when the whole family was welcomed but the man didn't say Maria Laura's name. He didn't mention her in both languages and he was standing right in front of them so he probably didn't know who is who.
Poor Princess Maria Laura! I am glad to see her present with her sister Princess Laetitia Maria, following her absence from Queen Paola's birthday celebrations. I wonder if she will ultimately come home to Belgium, as her brothers have done (although it was short-lived in the case of Prince Amedeo).
Old 07-22-2017, 03:58 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdm View Post
Oh dear! What an awkward moment for Maria Laura, haha. He should have had a list of the RF's names if he didn't know or couldn't remember who was who.

Quote:
I think Elisabeth is a mix of her greatgrandmother Astrid and her grandmother Paola.
That photo of Paola is almost like a clone of Elisabeth - they look so alike! Now I know where her looks come from.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 07-22-2017, 09:44 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
Oh dear! What an awkward moment for Maria Laura, haha. He should have had a list of the RF's names if he didn't know or couldn't remember who was who.

That photo of Paola is almost like a clone of Elisabeth - they look so alike! Now I know where her looks come from.
Yes, Elisabeth does favor Paola a LOT, imagine how beautiful she's going to be in her 20s
Old 07-22-2017, 09:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
I am actually surprised how her facial expression is so similar to Queen Astrid's. Anyway, Elisabeth is fortunate in the sense that both her mother, her grandmother and her great-grandmother are/were beauties in their own way.

I was wondering at what age Elisabeth will make her first tiara appearance. It used to be the case in the past that women wouldn't wear tiaras until they got married, but, since women now tend to marry at an older age (closer to 30 than 20 !), it is clear she won't wait that long. I believe the Swedish princesses started wearing tiaras when they turned 18, but I don't expect Elisabeth to attend tiara events like state dinners until she is at least 21. What do you guys think ?
Old 07-23-2017, 08:10 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Yes, Elisabeth does favor Paola a LOT, imagine how beautiful she's going to be in her 20s
I really hope Paola will give her clone lol her tiara when she will need one. I think she will started attending tiara events when she'll finish her studies, around her 23rd/24th birthday, because I'm sure she will get a master degree and attend different courses (military, economics, politics)
Old 07-23-2017, 08:28 AM
Super Moderator

I could imagine that she attends some incoming State Visits after turning 18 if she is in the country and not studying abroad. This was the case for Crown Princess Victoria in Sweden.
Old 07-23-2017, 05:08 PM
Courtier

Video about the Military Parade with a nice moment of Prince Laurent going to greet his nieces and nephews on the royal tribune.

VTM - NIEUWS
Old 07-24-2017, 10:48 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
I am actually surprised how her facial expression is so similar to Queen Astrid's. Anyway, Elisabeth is fortunate in the sense that both her mother, her grandmother and her great-grandmother are/were beauties in their own way.

I was wondering at what age Elisabeth will make her first tiara appearance. It used to be the case in the past that women wouldn't wear tiaras until they got married, but, since women now tend to marry at an older age (closer to 30 than 20 !), it is clear she won't wait that long. I believe the Swedish princesses started wearing tiaras when they turned 18, but I don't expect Elisabeth to attend tiara events like state dinners until she is at least 21. What do you guys think ?
Mbruno,

I will be very surprised if Elisabeth is not seen in a tiara until she is in her 20's. I am thinking that as Philippe's heir she will probably be seen at State occasions in an appropriate, elegant little diadem beginning around her 18th birthday. In my fantasies, the late Queen Fabiola left some dazzling jewels to the eldest daughter of her beloved Mathilde, whom she seemed to treat as her own child.

But we will have to wait and see.

I also expect that "Lisa" will eventually go abroad to some prestigious university as did her father and many of the other current CP's. She is reportedly exceedingly bright.

Those photos showing her uncanny physical resemblance to her great grandmother Queen Astrid and especially to a young Paola have left me speechless. She is an exact mix of her mother, her great-grandmother, and her grandmother...aristocratic beauties all.

Lucky young lady!

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 07-26-2017, 12:57 PM
Majesty

I am really wondering why Princess Claire did not hit her husband: "Take your sunglasses of during Mass!"

Picture

Tags
archduke lorenz, belgium, brussels, king albert ii, king philippe, military, national day, parade, prince laurent, prince lorenz, princess astrid, princess claire, queen fabiola, queen mathilde, queen paola, te deum